whats wrong with my kotor 2??

I need help running Kotor 2 on my computer

I can get from the main menu to the intro movie,but after that my game just crashes and closes.

Can anyone help me?? I would very much appreciate it.

Here is my system info

cpu: intel core 2 cpu t7200 @2.00 ghz

ram:1016 mb

video card :Mobile Intel 945gm Express Chipset Family 256 mb

opengl: intel 1 . 4 .0 - build 7.14.10.4764

directx: Directx 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

Never use an Intel video card. They suck big time and never work right.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Intel onboard video is crap for games. They aren't made for them. They are there when one doesn't have a video card but need a way for the computer to access the monitor.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

on the pc box it recommends an ATI Rederon 9200 or NVDIA GeForce4 Ti or better

I know that the NVDIA GeForce graphics cards are for AGP slots and the more advanced cards require a power supply.

sense TSL game out in 2005 those cards are probably 2004 model graphics card. They probably shouldn't be to expensive.

Also I've heard K2 doesn't run on vista but I havn't looked into it.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I got the game running in Windows XP compatibility mode.

I know that the NVDIA GeForce graphics cards are for AGP slots and the more advanced cards require a power supply.

sense TSL game out in 2005 those cards are probably 2004 model graphics card. They probably shouldn't be to expensive.

Since all Nvidea GeForce graphics cards use the exact same driver for your version of windows it shouldn't matter how old or new the card is, as long as it has enough memory. (I managed to run the KOTOR games on a 64mb card). The only problem is the glitch that occures on Dantooine.

From what has been posted before, TSL can prove difficult to run on Vista. But solutions to this can be found on this part of the board in the FAQ thread.

Since all Nvidea GeForce graphics cards use the exact same driver for your version of windows it shouldn't matter how old or new the card is, as long as it has enough memory. (I managed to run the KOTOR games on a 64mb card). The only problem is the glitch that occures on Dantooine.

From what has been posted before, TSL can prove difficult to run on Vista. But solutions to this can be found on this part of the board in the FAQ thread.

How good are the graphics on your 64mb card?

My old Nvidea graphics card had enough memory but could only do 2d lighting effects so I went and bought a Nvidea Geforce 5200 with a lifetime waranty for about US $105 and it works nicely. the card itself was about $90 US dollers

by the way what's the glitch on Dantoine?

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

How good are the graphics on your 64mb card?

They were poor-very basic to say the least. I've since changed to a much more powerful card that runs the game just fine. I would not advice trying to play the game on a 64mb card btw, just saying you could if you really had to.

by the way what's the glitch on Dantoine?

GeForce cards can lock up and lagg while you run around the outside areas of Dantooine. This normally happens within a few seconds of entering the Konda area. Its annoying rather than anything else since if you leave it alone for a short time it will clear up, but the char you were controling normally gets stuck so you have to switch to someone else in your party to free them. A fix for the problem is posted in the FAQ section.

Edited by Darth Mortis

TSL works on my Vista Business with quite a few noticeable but tolerable problems. Even though my laptop can run BF2142 and other games on pretty high graphics settings, TSL's frame rate often slows down into the single digits after an hour of gameplay on the lowest settings. When that happens, I just exit and start it up again. Also, the game locks up every so often during the transition from game play to movies and frequently locks up during startup.... It is still playable however.

Edited by ChaTua

The only time mine gets anywhere near unplayable is during the Peragus Mining Tunnels. It doesn't like the excess smoke

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Although your avatar is luv <3

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)