Skydiving

Eddo36

My cousin did parachuting for a year or so. She loved it and did it often, freaking out her parents a bit. :woot:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What gear did she use to sky dive? Is it rental equipment?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, and even if I did, it was 20 years ago and it'd be outdated info by now. She had a group and someone in it had a plane, they had different landing zones they'd go to every week, that sort of thing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I do not understand the thrill of purposely jumping out of a plane with the vain hope that a piece of nylon mesh cloth will help you not go splat.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I was once determined I'd try parachuting.. until I found out that you have to do your first jumps in tandem.. with a guy pressing his **** against your back.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was once determined I'd try parachuting.. until I found out that you have to do your first jumps in tandem.. with a guy pressing his **** against your back.

What if it was a woman? :teehee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Then you ask to have her strapped to your front. *ba-dum-ching*

Ive always wanted to do skydiving. IIRC, you must have two tandem jumps before you can solo. They have a group here called Skydive Chicago that will take you up for around $150-200 per jump and get you qualified. I could never really drum up a commitment from my friends so I never got around to it.

You don't have to jump tandem.

What gear did she use to sky dive? Is it rental equipment?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, and even if I did, it was 20 years ago and it'd be outdated info by now. She had a group and someone in it had a plane, they had different landing zones they'd go to every week, that sort of thing.

You also need no special equipment: the parachute is loaned to you when you jump. Later, if you persist, you will have the opportunity (and obligation) to buy your own parachute, as well as check it and pack it before each jump. But that is quite a few jumps after your first.

FYI divers wear two parachutes, and they use an auto-activation device, too, that springs the 'chute based on the altitude. (You are meant to pull the ripcord around 3km, IIRC, and the auto-fire will trigger if you are going terminal velocity at about 1500m, IIRC.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You don't have to jump tandem.

Actually, yes you do. In Sweden at least. Trust me, I looked it up. Not only that, you have to dry hump the ground for a few weeks before you even get a chance to jump from a plane! It's insane. It really should be up to ME to decide if I want to jump from a plane and how to do it. Being forced to practice jumping by lying on a floor holding up your arms and legs is retarded.

If you ONLY want to parachute once or twice, you have to do it in tandem (like for a birthday present or some such). If you want to learn to do it on your own eventually, you have to dry hump the ground AND jump the first jumps in tandem.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!