Mass Effect Previews

Volourn

I'm edging a little closer to the 360 and I'm almost entirely out of the PS3 camp at this time. However, I'm definitely picking up a wii. Not because I want one, but I'm going to give one to my sister. I'll play it at her house. Condemned and Mass Effect look totally awesome and tubular. If I could figure out the sluggish console controls, I would probably play fpses on the 360 as well. I liked the first two call of duty games.

Controls will come with experience. It took me a few matches to switch over from CoD2 on PC to CoD3 on 360.

Calling Oblivion for 360 "subpar" doesn't really make sense anyway. Just because it isn't moddable doesn't mean it can't be a good game.

If it wasn't for the mods, i would have stopped playing that game after 20 hours (some design decisions really brought the game down). Instead i got bored with it after 200+ hours. :sorcerer:

Also, there are some performace tweaks out there that make Oblivion perfectly playable at X360 settings (not max settings), even on older cards like 6800GT, X800XT (no HDR for those though)...For the high-end machines there are some high quality graphic mods out there that make Oblivion look 50% better than original.

So, not being able to mod oblivion does make it subpar, compared to the PC version.

And, BIO just sold Morgoth. L0LLERZ! Proof, once again, sex sales!!!

"Well the setting looks pretty meh"

I'm not a big fna of 'space games' either... The setting itself is not high on my list (unless it's fantasy and it has dwarves!).

First, space games rule. Second, you're a nerd. :sorcerer:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Calling Oblivion for 360 "subpar" doesn't really make sense anyway. Just because it isn't moddable doesn't mean it can't be a good game.

If it wasn't for the mods, i would have stopped playing that game after 20 hours (some design decisions really brought the game down). Instead i got bored with it after 200+ hours. :woot:

Also, there are some performace tweaks out there that make Oblivion perfectly playable at X360 settings (not max settings), even on older cards like 6800GT, X800XT (no HDR for those though)...For the high-end machines there are some high quality graphic mods out there that make Oblivion look 50% better than original.

So, not being able to mod oblivion does make it subpar, compared to the PC version.

That just means the game itself is subpar.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Padam-phis!

I've played it upwards 60 hours and have to agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Can you change the main character's appearance in Mass Effect? In every shot of him I've seen he looks exactly the same."

You can. Including gender. They just using this particular guy as the main piece of their marketing so when people see him they instantly know it's ME. I, perosanlly, would prefer if they chose a HOT female as their marketing ploy ala Aribeth; but ah well... soemtimes the ladies get the eye candy first.

R00fles!

Good thing that you can change the face of your character since the Shepherd that Bioware uses looks a bit too much like those tools on Prisonbreak.