I Own XBOX 360

Volourn

Cost me about $630 including a second controller, and an extra game. I have Call of Duty 3 (came with machine), and Kameo. Not really my type ofr games; but I wanted a cheap second game to have choice. I'll buy a new one next week.

LONG LIVE XBOX 360!!

It be better be good! :rolleyes:

Now, to survive until Mass Effect and some new sports games come along to make it really worth my while!

Muahaha!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm edging closer to buying one of these beasts. Give us the rundown on Mass Effect when you get it. No spoilers, you swine!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Why am I not surprised?

Then again I will probably end up buying an X Box 360 as well and hook it up to my PC, but Volourn, you should have waited. Microsoft is releasing a newer X Box 360 with a 120gig hard drive and with luck the HD DVD player built in. :rolleyes:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"Give us the rundown on Mass Effect when you get it. No spoilers, you swine!"

I don't do reviews withoput spoilers. I find it rude to do otherwise. :rolleyes:

"Microsoft is releasing a newer X Box 360 with a 120gig hard drive and with luck the HD DVD player built in."

Yeah, but I cna't live on rumours even if they are likely. Besdies, ME is coming in May/June so I doubt the new xbox 360 will be out by then.

I'm going to buy one too, sooner rather than later. Mostly because it is less expensive and less a pain in the ass than dealing with Vista. I'm just waiting for some games I really want to show up on it that I can't run on my current XP pc.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Its being release in March. At least in Australia if the rumor holds true.

EDIT: Ah,. found link. Late 2007.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/13/new-xbo...to-handle-iptv/

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

My gosh, you got ripped off. I got it on PS3 launch day. Premium + Gears of War + Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter + Ridge Racer 6 + Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged for 450CDN.

The only games I'm really playing are Gears of War, Rainbow 6: Vegas and NHL 2007.

NHL 2007 on the 360 is pretty cool. Apparently, it's a little lacking content-wise in terms of sheer options, but the new stick controls using the second analog stick is pretty cool. Makes it quite a different experience than the other versions.

Gears + Vegas are shooters, but coop makes them awesome.

As long as devs keep churning out solid coop titles, the 360 justifies itself easily for me. It already has.

Not really planning to pick up Mass Effect until it hits the bargain bin, but my brother is looking forward to it, so maybe we'll play it before then.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm going to buy one too, sooner rather than later. Mostly because it is less expensive and less a pain in the ass than dealing with Vista. I'm just waiting for some games I really want to show up on it that I can't run on my current XP pc.

Less expensive? $400 USD versus $240 USD?

Less than a pain? Hanging the PSU from a wire off the floor versus you install then its done, and then it works.

:blink:

"My gosh, you got ripped off. I got it on PS3 launch day. Premium + Gears of War + Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter + Ridge Racer 6 + Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged for 450CDN."

Jerk. I got Premium too; but otherwise you = jerk. :blink:

"Oht btw, don't miss out The Darkness and Bioshock once they're available."

Bioshock looks like it could be fun. Not sure about The Darkness.

"EDIT: Ah,. found link. Late 2007."

Yeah, ME will be out about 6 months before. I'd be surprised if ME comes out in March.

"And it only took 2 years!"

R00fles! :sweat:

Edited by Volourn

I'm not really sure I see the point of a 120-gig HD and a HD-DVD Drive built-in. Sure, they're nice, but that just means an inflated pricetag.

The only crap I put on my 360's HD is game data and downloading demos. I definitely wouldn't pay more to upgrade beyond 20 gigs. And I don't need a HD-DVD drive. I use the system to play games.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, I just hope they make the HD DVD player they got as an internal drive. That would be major icing on the cake and definitely put it in the same tech level as the PS3. Mind you it will cost a bit more than the current version I think but worth it. The less clutter the better.

I love mine, but I also didn't buy it. I'm a bit ticked off that Windows Media Player 11 somehow ruined the connection it had going with my PC, meaning I can't watch videos or listen to music on my 360 from my PC, but I figure that will be addressed eventually.

Less expensive? $400 USD versus $240 USD?

Less than a pain? Hanging the PSU from a wire off the floor versus you install then its done, and then it works.

:grin:

If I were to go to a Vista system it would mean either upgrading my current pc substantially or buying a whole new one outright. Either way its more expensive than an Xbox. Plus if I upgrade my current unit that means most of games that currently run on it will no longer work. Plus I'll have to buy a new anti-virus and other software that is Vista compatible. Its a big price tag plus a lot of work. And I don't see the point. I'll keep my current XP system which can run older games like SS2 and Jag 2 and Wiz 8 and run newer games on an xbox.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My Vista system can run Fallout 1.

My Xbox360 isn't doing much at the moment, except for playing DVD's. Too bad that there's isn't any games that interest me right now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cost me about $630 including a second controller, and an extra game. I have Call of Duty 3 (came with machine), and Kameo. Not really my type ofr games; but I wanted a cheap second game to have choice. I'll buy a new one next week.

LONG LIVE XBOX 360!!

It be better be good! :rolleyes:

Now, to survive until Mass Effect and some new sports games come along to make it really worth my while!

Muahaha!!

There's a sucker born every minute.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

And, I've just replied to one.

Call of Duty 3 - Fun little wa rgame. Not normnally my type of game; but fun for what it is. i wish you could play co-op in story mode. Running over others, and blowing them up with atank is cool, and all too.

Kameo - Not that impressive of the 15 or so minutes of it I played. Seems to be a striaght actioner. The transforming to solve various things is neatthough.

Bloody sucker?

Isn't that Dark Raven? She plays Bloodlines so much.