Dexterity Gaurdian

Im starting a

new

game as a dual wielding gaurdian. i was thinking of giving a small strength bonus, and then a much higher dexterity bonus combined with finesse feats. My question is: can i do a lot of damage with a high

dexterity

, or is strength the only way to go for quickly dispatching enemies?

Edited by Darth_Nihlus

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Im starting a

new

game as a dual wielding gaurdian. i was thinking of giving a small strength bonus, and then a much higher dexterity bonus combined with finesse feats. My question is: can i do a lot of damage with a high

dexterity

, or is strength the only way to go for quickly dispatching enemies?

Strength adds to Attack Bonus and damage, but dexterity with finesse feat only adds to Attack Bonus. So yes, strength is the only way.

I prefer going the high-Dex route ... the difference between the bonus for "normal" Str (+1 to +2) and "maxed" Str (+4 at low levels ... up to +9 maximum) is really insignificant compared to the overall damage of a fully-upgraded lightsaber.

Go high Dex+finesse, and you get a bonus to Attack and a bonus to Armor - better, in my opinion, than a bonus to Attack and Damage (even if it costs a feat).

Plus, while jedi certainly appear to be in great shape, it would seem that dexterity is more accurate, from a role-playing point of view (not a "how do I do the maximum possible damage" pov).

Strength, as had been said, adds to both to hit number and damage cause with melee weapons (including lightsabres). However, Dex does add to your AC making you harder to hit. In my experience a Str of 13, followed by concentrating on Dex works well. As a full LS/DS guardian you get a +3 to strength, leaving you with a str of 16 which seems to be more than enough. Added to this is that I seem to find it easier to get hold of items which add to Dex, than Items that add to str. Even in the very tough fights I find this more than enough. The extra damage from higher str isn't all that much, while the increased AC leads to getting hit less...so I'd say go for it it's worked for me in the past.

This is pretty interesting. I've tried in the past to go high-DEX finesse, but always gave up because the character seemed to be getting weaker level by level relative to the more traditional STR-focused characters I'd played before. Does a finesse character really do well at the end against

Sion, the lightsabers and Traya herself

?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Gimme high dex. It also will allow me to use my blasters with ease

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

High dex works fine, as long as you don't ignore Str totally (meaning that you don't try a guardian or Sentinal with a strength of 10). It does require a little luck in finding a few dex enchancing items-a single point in stealth allows you to wear one of those +8 stealth belts but in general it works all right, you might not hit quite as hard but then you get hit less as well.

Guardians should get their base strength to 13, then concentrate on Dex (as I said Weaponmasters get a +3 Strength bonus when pure LS/DS so that will leave you 16 Str near the end, if not before, regardless of any other bonuses. Its also worth noting that all the strength upgrades I've seen and can remember always grant an odd bonus to str, +1, +3, +5 so having an odd number can be helpful anyway).

Sentinal/Watchman tend to be better if both Dex and Str are 14 at the start, then concentrate on Dex from there on-This gives a good mix of damage and ability to hit if you go the Finesse route.

The only class that can run into trouble are Consular/Master's, since concentrating on Dex means that their force powers are not as powerful-a major problem as that is their main focus. Even then high dex can be more useful than str, you get hit less often. That said I normally attempt to get a consular/master class the full +4 dex bonus (attribute level 18), put them in one of the Jedi armors then concentrate on Wisdom. I always pick Lightsabre finesse for consulars anyway, since their Dex is nearly always higher then their str at the start.

Edited by Darth Mortis

alright, ill probably give my

gaurdian

a small

strength bonus

and then concentrate on

dexterity

....ive also never had

much to do

with

constitution

...maybe ill give that a whirl,

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

I don't think the "spoiler tags are necessary. Nor is Dexterity, you get enough from implants and other upgrades, so you don't need to add extra at level up, but finess does use that attribute.

Buuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt spoiler tags are so fraking cool man. On Topic: I do think that High Dex characters would favor power attack and Ataru.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed

and besides, my

looks like

im implying something

thanks for the input. I decided on following the bonuses of the matukai robes and boost strength dex and constitution

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

• 3 months later...
This is pretty interesting. I've tried in the past to go high-DEX finesse, but always gave up because the character seemed to be getting weaker level by level relative to the more traditional STR-focused characters I'd played before. Does a finesse character really do well at the end against

Sion, the lightsabers and Traya herself

?

All you need to do is

force crush

them and they are dead

Lol

, Darth Nihilus. I am

LMAO

at these

tags

. I was really

in a mystery