NFL Season 2006

Fionavar

More then likely the Bears will try and go after someone like Jake Plummer rather then Jeff Garcia

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

More then likely the Bears will try and go after someone like Jake Plummer rather then Jeff Garcia

He could be a good fit, if they use more roll- and sprint-outs in their passing game. The other concerns for the Bears going forward is that their offensive line is getting old, and their schedule will probably get harder. (It can't possibly be as easy as it was last year, can it?)

Never happen, with McNabb I mean, he'll retire an Eagle

And no way Cleveland could win in the NFC.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, when the 49ers had Steve Young in place as a backup, Philly doesn't have that sort of luxury and plus McNabb isn't going to be out of football for some two years.

Yeah, when the 49ers had Steve Young in place as a backup, Philly doesn't have that sort of luxury and plus McNabb isn't going to be out of football for some two years.

The way Garcia performed, what team has a better luxury at backup quarterback?

And McNabb's injury is a knee ligament, how has Culpepper responded to that injury? This year marked the third time in five years McNabb has gone down with six or more games remaining in the regular season. He's the Mark Prior of football.

Garcia is what, 38? Not really a QB entering his prime like Steve Young was. Plus its not like the Bears have enough to offer, it would take no less then top 5 pick plus other considerations to pry McNabb away. Also the Vikings could afford the Cap hit they took with trading the Culpepper contract because they were and are rebuilding. No way the Eagles take McNabb's contract hit on their salary cap and have him play for another team.

Besides, McNabb had all of Superbowl week to aire his bad laundry with the Eagles, but instead walk the walk and talk the talk of the face of the franchise. Nobody wants him gone, most importantly Andy Reid. They have too much invested in McNabb and the Bears can offer too little.

Garcia is what, 38? Not really a QB entering his prime like Steve Young was. Plus its not like the Bears have enough to offer, it would take no less then top 5 pick plus other considerations to pry McNabb away. Also the Vikings could afford the Cap hit they took with trading the Culpepper contract because they were and are rebuilding. No way the Eagles take McNabb's contract hit on their salary cap and have him play for another team.

Besides, McNabb had all of Superbowl week to aire his bad laundry with the Eagles, but instead walk the walk and talk the talk of the face of the franchise. Nobody wants him gone, most importantly Andy Reid. They have too much invested in McNabb and the Bears can offer too little.

Correction: Nobody wants McNabb gone, except the idiots on Philly sports radio. Those guys are apparantly nostalgic for the Bobby Hoying era. :crazy:

He probably won't be 100% next season, but he's still their best hope to win over the next 4-5 years. And all the injuries he's had so far look like the 'freak accident' type to me. I don't think they make it more likely that he'll miss time in the future.

My guess is that the Vikings (who run the same offense as Philly) make a pretty big offer to Garcia (in the area of an effective $3-4 million per year over 2 years). Garcia will give the Iggles the opportunity to match it, but they'll decline and go with A.J. Feeley as their #2.

He's 36, but at 30, McNabb isn't a spring chicken anymore. Garcia hasn't been injured like McNabb either. Blow out your knee and that's bound to shave some years off your NFL life span.

I agree with your first paragraph (but I think the Eagles are closer to "rebuilding" than you apparently), but my point was this, if McNabb feels slighted, it wouldn't hurt to put out some interest. Especially from a superbowl ready team. Demanding a trade and all that. After all, McNabbs window for a superbowl is closing.

Garcia broke his leg a couple seasons ago. He's struggled to stay healthy since he left the 49ers. Oh, his dad owns a condo in my complex, and he's the cheapest landlord ever. We made a push to get double paned windows in all the units, and he was one of the folks who refused to do the upgrade. Since all units need to look the same, we couldn't pull it off.

Garcia broke his leg a couple seasons ago. He's struggled to stay healthy since he left the 49ers.

A broken bone is ALOT less serious, in terms of a football career, than tearing knee ligaments. His "struggles since" have been about as serious as the injuries every other quarterback in the league faces every year.

Carson Palmer had the same injury and he did alright last year