video game fix

Laozi

This seemed more like a WOT thing then a Computer and Console thing, but I guess thats up to the guys in the white suits to decide.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070118/hl_nm/video_game_dc

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Players' enjoyment of games depended on whether the games made them feel competent and independent, and, in the case of multiplayer games, connected to other players.

Players who enjoyed their experience showed increases in well-being, self-esteem, and vitality after playing, while those whose needs weren't satisfied reported lowered vitality and mood."

Take that, gluttons for punishment! Enjoy your hardcore mode and the lowered vitality and mood that comes with it - I'll play on normal difficulty, thank you very much!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Most games I've played over the decades reward me for solving problems with violence more often than not. This doesn't help me in the real world, where such activities are usually cut short by law enforcement personnel or concerned citizens. This is one reason I've edged into the adventure game genre; they tend to emphasize non-violent solutions and inventive thinking, which is more rewarding when applied to the real world. Games are better than movies at influencing people because in games the person is an active participant, usually 100% of the time.