NHL

Darque

So Buffalo finally moves Marty Biron. I remember at last years deadline he was one of the more rumored players to be on the go. Replacing him with Ty Conklin? Lollercoasters.

Laraque goes to the Pens. What's funny is Sportsnet has internet doofus Eklund in their studio today. Five minutes before the deal went down, he reported him going to Calgary. Whatamaroon!

And Bill Guerin goes to the Sharks. That's going to be a good fit .

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Wow, I wonder what we're going to get for him. Hopefully not Dipietro! Or Tom Poti!

...and Robert Nilsson.

Haha, Robert Nilsson. :-

I remember when the people here in Sweden compared him with his father, Kent Nilsson, and said that he'll be just as great as him.

The truth is... he's not even close, and imo i don't think he'll ever be. :/

Lol, GMs' are phoning in to TSN saying, 'Ryan Smyth was available?'. I don't think this should be a gigantic shock to Oiler fans. I mean, it's not the first time a star player has been traded at the deadline.

I'll miss Smyth screening the opposing goalie, and that damned mullet of his. Good luck on teh island!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm in a total state of shock. It doesn't seem like the Sharks really paid anything for Guerin. They gave up two high first round picks for two experienced players. A line with Thornton, Cheechoo, and Guerin could be very good.

I'm a bit surprised Florida gave up Bertuzzi like that. I know he's been injured pretty much all year, but they sure didn't get much in return. I'm nervous about him being in Detroit, but he seems pretty broken since the entire Moore incident.

ARGH PERRAULT AGAIN!!

Like that's going to help. Why can't the Leafs ever get a Guerin.. or Tkachuk.. or Forsberg.. or a Smyth..

No, we get Yannic Perrault. ****!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

ARGH PERRAULT AGAIN!!

Like that's going to help. Why can't the Leafs ever get a Guerin.. or Tkachuk.. or Forsberg.. or a Smyth..

No, we get Yannic Perrault. ****!

For once you didn't trade away all of your young guys from another aging forward and yet you still complain! :)

But for once we have an overabundance of young d-men that I am sure could bring in some quite good players. We need a scoring winger! We've needed that for the last 8 years or so (or for how long Sundin has been captain..). I don't think Yannic Perrault is the solution that will bring us into the play-offs.

By the way, what is the situation with Jagr and the Rangers? He's the captain of the team, yet he refuses to take penalty shots? He's also whining more than ever at teammates and referees alike. The Rangers are playing even crappier hockey than the Leafs..?

And I've heard rumours that they've been trying to trade Jagr, but that can't be true. Can it?

Where do you get your rumours?

And, they had a shut out yesterday with Jagr gaining two points... Not too crappy. Even though, they haven't been winning that much in the last little while they've been in 99% of games. Most of their losses have been by 1 goal.

As for the Jagr 'refusing' to take penalty (shoot out) shots; this is the first I've ehar dof it. i've heard about him complaining about the refs; but not teammates...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mostly from Hockey's Future boards and Swedish magazines. I just dig up everything I can find whenever I am bored at work..

There was an "article" (more like a blog post, but from a well-known sports journalist) I read today that listed everything that's wrong with the Rangers, and he laid (almost) all the blame on Jagr, despite him putting up his usual impressive numbers.

He's drunk. Jagr's one of the few bright spots. One of the main ones has been Lundqvist. Rangers' major problem is they are basically a 1 (.5) line hockey team.

It seems, hwoever, the ex Hurricane the Rangers signed in the off season b/c of his winning the championship *was* somewhat of a Lockerroom cancer which is why they got rid of him for a crappy player in exchange.

Hmm..

Edited by Volourn

Interetsing. IMO, He should take those shots. That said, we can't ignore his side either:

"Jagr's argument is that he tries to avoid the shootout for the good of the team. We can clearly see his side of the story. Since he feels he's not good at them, he honestly thinks the team is better off not having him clog up a shootout spot for somebody else who may be better at taking the shots. He's quoted in the Post, "Trust me, if I knew it would help the team, I would be the first guy to stand on the red line. I always do whatever I think is good for the team. If I think it's going to hurt me, or I'm not going to be the hero, it doesn't matter to me, because I know it's good for the team."

To me, without Jagr (and Lundqvist) they never would have made the play offs last year for the first time in a long time, and while they are currently on the outside looking in this year, with him they have a chance; without him they don't.

As a Ranger fan, he is owed a break. Still dissapointing because I have more confidence in his ability during shootouts then he does...