Morality or Survivability?

Eddo36

What drives you most in life?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What drives you most in life?

• Morals
    • Survival

I listen to the voices in my head. One time, I built a boat out of mud and dead grass and put the neighborhood pets in it. Those guys make me do the craziest things sometimes.

Edited by Blank

Well, since it seems I had misunderstood the question, I would like to rephrase my previous answer..

I'll go with morality - because I have risked my life doing what I thought was right. And I would do so again.

Fortune favors the bald.

it's not a secret .. just very private.. and I don't like the idea of it being posted on the internet for everyone to read! so sorry - you're gonna have to live without knowing.. unless you ask me in person, then I'll tell you.

But I can give you another story - if this didn't saturate your appitite?

I was at a disco once with a friend (female) who got repeatedly hit on - which I thought she could handle herself though.. but at one point a big guy was being rather persistent and as she refused him (quite harshly), at which point he then pounded her right over the nose.. which of course made me go into a bloodfrency - I got an albow in (right on his nose) which took him out - but I hadn't seen his two friends.. who then beat the living **** out of me..

Fortune favors the bald.

I bow to your greater macho heroics.

I too have gotten beaten up out on town, sadly there was no damsel involved. Just too much beer and a misplaced sense of invoulnerablily.

My friends, observing an incounter involving a spilled drink and some unkind words, proceded to beat a hasty retreat and left me to deal with the violent repercussions of my actions.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

damn .. that wasn't very nice of them! unless of course the guy was build like a brick house and his 50 gangster buddies was with him.. but even so, they should've at least tried to get you out of there by apologizing on your behalf..

Edit: about macho heroics - I didn't know his friends were there .. if I had, I would probably had gotten some help first! :blink:

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Ros' post made me realise that conversely I have stood up for morality at the cost of survival on several occasions as well. I guess that just makes me inconsistent.

I think the most extreme example would be when I saw some thugs harassing some utterly inoffensive students and telling them they were scum because they wouldn't fight. I knew I couldn't win a fight with them, but I interposed and said that fighting didn't make you a better man, and that if they felt that way they could begin by beating me up. To this day I don't know what possessed me to do it, but it worked. They didn't like the idea of someone calmly volunteering to be minced. It wasn't part of the script, and it derailed their limited thought process. By the time they'd reoriented, it looked to everyone as if they were scared, so eventually it wound down.

Wouldn't recommend it though. :wub:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it's not a secret .. just very private.. and I don't like the idea of it being posted on the internet for everyone to read! so sorry - you're gonna have to live without knowing.. unless you ask me in person, then I'll tell you.

But I can give you another story - if this didn't saturate your appitite?

I was at a disco once with a friend (female) who got repeatedly hit on - which I thought she could handle herself though.. but at one point a big guy was being rather persistent and as she refused him (quite harshly), at which point he then pounded her right over the nose.. which of course made me go into a bloodfrency - I got an albow in (right on his nose) which took him out - but I hadn't seen his two friends.. who then beat the living **** out of me..

Because beating a woman up is the BEST way to chat her up. <_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

At that point the woman draws a 9mm hollow point and caps your ass.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You mean like a 4x4?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It is not always possible to easily separate personal values, morality and survival, and group values, morality and survival.

If your friend is insulted you may be enraged. :angry:

If your friend is attacked you may fight for them. :aiee:

Situations sometimes get out of hand because of such overriding loyalties.

Very embarrasing if you discover the loyalties are not reciprical. :(

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Colrom: I disagree. Loyalty implies a lack of reciprocity. If I commit to something in a way demanding loyalty then I do not ask for anything in return. Anything else is just a common market-stall trade.

-Elwood Blues

I think you are right.

My thinking was sloppy.

Of course sometimes folks don't realize. They confuse loyalty and partnership.

They don't really mean loyalty. They are looking for a quid pro quo and are dismayed when it is not forthcoming.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Precisely. :))

-Elwood Blues