• Darth Maul
    • Count Dooku (no he wasn't a darth)

Guest Accept
Oh, I think Accept just wants a thumb's up. Well, here ya go, boy. :lol:

You know I'm right about this one.

Aww... thx, thx indeed. *blushes*

:wub:

Edited by Accept

I like Revan. I just don't tell everyone he's "teh best eva!" Vader's my favorite Sith, as earlier said.

Revan has fanboys? Um... you do know Revan is canonicly a man, right?

Now, I must run before angry fans kill me. *uses Master Speed and flees*

I spit on canon by the way. Just so you know. Being another female on this board, you should understand better than most how much canon is a blight upon RPGs as great as KOTOR and KOTOR2 are.

I don't make people change their ideas, I just wish they wouldn't act like their theories and stuff were %100 true.

I'm hardcore to the canon, I like the official story; Revan is a dude, he follows the light and falls in love with Bastila.

I HATE the overload of female Revan and Carth fanfics and art, makes me sick >_< I'm a Revan and Bastila fan.

And I hate darkside stories, male or female.

But like I said, I don't make people change their ideas.

Edited by Andrea Kenobi

I'm hardcore to the canon, I like the official story; Revan is a dude, he follows the light and falls in love with Bastila.

That's fine. I don't care what people like, it's just the fact that LA went ahead and stated that Revan was a male. The whole purpose of the game was to make it the player's choice. And then, suddenly, that choice is taken away because my female Revan is no longer considered "correct". Revan is a male light-sider. Fine. He falls in love with Bastila. Sure, okay, whatever. He could have fell in love with Jolee and I couldn't care less. But the fact that they went ahead and told me that Revan must be a male was what just turned me off. And then they went ahead and said that the Exile was a female. What happens to all those dudes that chose Exile to be a male? Well, they're wrong, too. Apparently, Exile can't be a male, must be a chick. Great. It defeats the purpose of an RPG. If they were going to go ahead and give me a set gender, why didn't they just give me Revan as a male to begin with and Exile as a female. Everything else that I could have picked is wrong, so why should I bother making a character another gender when I'm wrong?

Well, that's just a little pet peeve of mine that I have, so don't take it personally. It's just my personal opinion and you're entitled to believe as you do. If you're for canon, cheers to you. Enjoy it and be happy.

Getting back on topic...Darth Traya love anyone?

Bubba Fet's Mandalorian Armor saved him from being digested. George debates whether or not the should have put Bubba crawling out of the pit into ROTJ.

by the way both Fetts "died" from the same cause, Jet pack failure.

My favorite is still General Grevous. He could have had a better fist fight with Obi-won if he brought out his 2 extra arms in his legs. Imagine Grevous with six lightsabers. I don't think Obi-one would have one if grevous had use al 8 of his limbs.

Grievous could never beat a jedi without MASSIVE amounts of help and "luck"

I went a learned some information about the Sarlac. A female Sarloc is the one that digs a pitt and the male is a small parasite that attches to the femal. Sarlocks are vuknrable when young or the prey of greater Krayt dragons. The sarlock slowly digest it's pray keeping it alive as long as it can. Digestion takes between 500 to 1000 yrs. Srlocks have a life expectantly of over 10000 yrs.

Since digestion takes so long and Bubba had his armor he survived the pit.

Ok it sounds preposterous but what of Grievous used six double bladed lightsabers and the Vapadd form.

I know it's completely far fetched but I only wanted to suggest how outragesly powerfull Grevous could have been.

By the way the raw and unedited Uttapow chase was 20 minutes long. Just a little factoid :thumbsup:

But seriously all Grievous had to do was stall Obi-won long enough for the clones to betray obi-won and kill him.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Everything else that I could have picked is wrong, so why should I bother making a character another gender when I'm wrong?

Getting to chose your character and your path makes the game more fun.

They're not saying you're wrong, it's for future Expanded Universe. If they have start having KotOR novels or something, they can't have one book say Revan was a woman, another say that he was a man, one say that he went back to the darkside, and so on and so on...cuz the fans are are gonna think 'What the heck is going on?!'

So just chill, things don't always go your way, doesn't mean you have to get mad. There's parts in other stories I don't like but I deal with it.

Besides, it's LA's game and they'll do what they want with it.

Edited by Andrea Kenobi

So just chill, things don't always go your way, doesn't mean you have to get mad.

First of all, I'm not mad. I'm perfectly calm right now. Second of all, I don't say it has to "go my way". What I'm saying is there shouldn't have been a "way" at all. It should be up to the player how they see their character, not the company that tells their consumers what Revan looks like. I, personally, believe it takes the fun out of it. But I am not mad or angered that I don't have my way.

Before anything gets the LA seal of approval it has to be passed as part of the offical history. Thats everything, from books to RPG's to computer games. While LA grants the Computer games a fair amount of latitude, leaving everything but the basics vague, in the case of the KOTOR series they had to make some choices. The KOTOR games deal with an important part of SW history, and as such it was bound to be referanced at some point in books and other StarWars products, to say nothing of the time-line LA has to show what happened, and when, in the SWU.

OK, so not everyone is going to be delighted at whatever choice LA made here. But they were in a no win situation. The way LA and SW works meant they they had to fill in a little detail for the time-line, it was that or;

Say that the games where non-cannon and...well...all that time you spent playing the game had no part in the SW universe period.

Ignore what happened and wait for all the fans to start asking endless questions as to what Revens gender was, and what happened to the Jedi order and....you get the idea. Its bad enough when people start asking about Revans lightsabre form and that is a very minor point with no real relevence to the events in the game/period.

LA had to come up with a cannon Revan so the games fitted in with the SWU. That is how it works with Star Wars. All things considered I think they did a fair job. So it might be true that not everyone is going to be happy at Cannon Revan being male, but just as many people would be unhappy if they had said Female. Other than fixing aligment and gender they have left the rest of the details open. They have not given Revan a Cannon face-apart from his mask-nor said that he did this here, and that there, which they would have been well within their rights to have done.

It is also worth remembering that not everyone who is a Star Wars fan will have played either of the games, or ever will. These people will, sooner or later, run across references to Revan and want to know more infomation. What LA have said is just enough to answer their questions so they understand what Revan and the Exiles importance was and is to SW without urinating on the people who have played the games and who would know more details about the events.

There is nothing to stop people from thinking of Revan as female, or as a dark sider. The only real difference it would make is if you wrote a book saying that (or designed a computer game etc) and sent it off to LA, they would tell you to change it.

Edited by Darth Mortis

Thanks for the wonderful reply, Mortis. You always have something rather brilliant to say. My only problem is if they start to merchandise these things and start using canon. They'd probably never do that, but it's a possibility. Thanks for the clarification.

If they did start to release merchandise basied on KOTOR my guess is that they would do both a male and a female Revan in the Revan robes and mask-hence leaving his/her face covered.

Oh god, why do I get the sinking feeling that if anyone from LA reads that I've just given them an idea.....?

So just chill, things don't always go your way, doesn't mean you have to get mad.

First of all, I'm not mad. I'm perfectly calm right now.

Hey, hey, I didn't mean that as in "Grrr!! Frickin' LucasArts!"

And thanx, Mortis, for the explaination 8)

Your welcome :shifty: I picked up something on TV a few years ago on LA and Starwars, and one of the things that took me by surprise was that they employed someone whos job was to take out the offical starwars time line everytime someone wanted to write a book or so on. Then they had to go through the whole list to make sure it all fit....not sure if they have someone still doing it now. But it impressed the hell out of me at the time. This, by the way, is one of the advantages of Star Wars over most other Sci-Fi series. Since George Lucas owns the rights to the series-rather than things being owned by a company-he can keep a closer eye on continuity. Sure, there are glitches but compared to something like Star Trek-where everything changes between films/scripts-they are very minor ones.

I seem to recall something about GL having done a list of the more important events on SW history going back a few thousand years when he wrote the first film. So everything that is done in the SW universe has to agree with that. The same goes for all the technology-even though Y-wings, for example, were never shown firing any weapons in the films they have always had exactly the same weapons from the start.

Anyway, thats all off topic, I was just glad I was able to clear things up :)

Count Dooku is so a Darth. Every Dark Lord hands over their past names for their new selves, examples Anakin is Vader, Des is Bane, Palpatine is Sidious, and in this case Dooku is Tyrnaus. Darth Tyranus. His name invokes the feeling if tyrant much like other dark lord names have hidden meanings.

Darth Tyranus. His name invokes the feeling if tyrant much like other dark lord names have hidden meanings.

Or in this case not so hidden meanings. Tyrannus is Latin for tyrant.

:thumbsup: Who woulda thunk it? (end sarcasm)

Ah, GL, how blatantly obvious you have become.

Darth Tyranus. His name invokes the feeling if tyrant much like other dark lord names have hidden meanings.

Or in this case not so hidden meanings. Tyrannus is Latin for tyrant.

:shifty: Who woulda thunk it? (end sarcasm)

Ah, GL, how blatantly obvious you have become.

Well, in fairness Darth Vader can translate as 'Dark Father', so GL has been sneeky a few times....ok, maybe just the once.

Darth Vader comes from Invader, not from Vater/Father/[insert your random Indo-European language here]

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Vader I believe is father not invader. Most resources I have researched this on point toward that, though I cant be sure.

Nihilus= Nihilism= Feeling of nothingness I believe or something to the extent.

But what about people like Markos Ragnos and Naga Sadow and Kaan. WHy so many exceptions???

Vader I believe is father not invader. Most resources I have researched this on point toward that, though I cant be sure.

Nihilus= Nihilism= Feeling of nothingness I believe or something to the extent.

But what about people like Markos Ragnos and Naga Sadow and Kaan. WHy so many exceptions???

I got it wrong, Darth translates as 'father' in dutch, wonder if there was a Darth Christmas in SWEU....? Vader could come from 'Invader', although given that most Sith names come from the personality of the Sith-or refer to some aspect of their powers/function that would not fit.

Anyway, I have no idea what Vader would translate to, if anything.

Nihius could be derived from the Latin 'nihil', which means nothing, or it could be a derivitate of Annihilate. (Looking at Wilki)

As to why some Sith Lords use 'Darth' while others do not I can only think that;

The tradition was, at the time of TSL, relatively new or it was an old tradition that was sometimes ignored.

Darth *insert name here* was considered a siths 'true' name, while any other name they used was an attempt to hide their identity. This is more likely for Sith lords after Darth Bane since they were in hiding from the Jedi-or at least pretending to be extinct. Going around calling yourself 'Darth' in this context would have stupid.

Personal preferance-some Sith Lords might have prefered their orignal name to their sith name. Revan and Malak seemed to prefer their own names since they kept them even as Darth's.

Other Lords of the Sith might not have considered themselves as such, maybe seeing themselves as something else above the Sith, or apart from it. Exar Kun didn't, as far as I know, ever call himself Darth anything, maybe because he considered himself a breed apart from other Sith, even though no one called into question his right to be called a Sith Lord.

A Sith might only have been allowed to take the prefix 'Darth' after besting a prior Darth. If they never killed a Darth *insert name here* they might not have been entitled to take the prefix themselves. (Doubtful, given that there is no indication Revan bested a Lord of the Sith before becomeing Darth Revan. But then again he could have. It is unclear if Malak was adressed as Darth before he 'killed' Revan).

Anyway, this is off the topic of the thread...oops I did it again ;)

No not that the Darth title isn't used but even like during Kaan and the Brotherhood of Darkness where the title was banned, many Sith gave up their real names for replacements much like Des became Bane. I guess just the most important of Sith took names with meaning.