The Man Who Was Thursday

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/monday/

I thought this might interest y'all, given our frequent discussions about morality, and Deus Ex (which makes many references) to this book by G.K. Chesterton.

The link above takes you to the BBC 7 webpage, hosting the first installment of the tale, and will last another five days or so. It is free, but only works in Realplayer for reasons best known only to the Beeb.

It is a pretty fanstastic, if strange story, and I highly recommend it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've read the book, and it's pretty cool. I found it a bit predictable, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The link above takes you to the BBC 7 webpage, hosting the first installment of the tale, and will last another five days or so. It is free, but only works in Realplayer for reasons best known only to the Beeb.

It's a digital rights thing; Realplayer allows the Beeb to use a standard lookup-table for their programming, so that the client (on one's PC) just looks at the address of the broadcast. This means if you store a recording and the programme changes (as in seven days pass), it will point to whatever was on the at that time THIS week.

And it sucks.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't think they shoudl use it. Will anything else play Realplayer files?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Realplayer is a horrible infestation on your system, the free version spawns popups and alters itself so it can't be removed from the startup process.

I'm pretty sure there is a hack that will let you save streaming content in realplayer and you can then later convert, but I don't have much experience with these things.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Godsdammit. i thought our heroic hacking types were suposed to give us options, without expecting pay?

-Elwood Blues

You don't have to use Real player to listen to streamed real audio files. Real Alternative is a stripped down version that doesn't install unnecessary stuff on your PC. There's a link to it in the Geckling Diaries thread.

As for capturing (recording) streams, I think you can get plugins for Firefox that allow you to do so.

Linkies? :'(

Sorry, It seems I was wrong, those plugins I was thinking of are for embedded video like stuff on YouTube. Either way I couldn't get them to save the stream. VLC media player seems to have a stream capture function but alas I couldn't get that to work either. :) The documentation isn't that straightforward for a noob.

The link will no longer take you to the first episode, as only a week is stored.

-Elwood Blues