NWN2 bashed and thrashed

ramza

"I've been to the Bioware forums and the current state DOES NOT COMPARE to the NWN release."

Yes, it does. It's about the same, imo. Though, one should point out that BIO didn't even feel the need to make seperate stickies for pros and cons (IIRC) for NWN1 like they have for NWN2. It's like they feel the need to seperate the kiddies (which are both sides) this time. And, it's not even their game because dragged into a war.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually, the NWN boards were far, far worse. I know something of this as I was in correspondence with Jay about taking on a role as a moderator at the NWN boards soon after release. I declined to join the team, which was no great loss for them, but I was quite familiar with the state of the board at that time.

The fact is, customer complaints on a message has traditionally been a poor yardstick to judge the enduring success of any game.

I don't mind folks complaining. It's not against the rules to make these comparisons. It is, however, simply untrue to say that the NWN2 boards have had more grief. It is factually untrue.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"I've been to the Bioware forums and the current state DOES NOT COMPARE to the NWN release."

Yes, it does. It's about the same, imo. Though, one should point out that BIO didn't even feel the need to make seperate stickies for pros and cons (IIRC) for NWN1 like they have for NWN2. It's like they feel the need to seperate the kiddies (which are both sides) this time. And, it's not even their game because dragged into a war.

R00fles!

No, Vol, the NWN2 boards are much better. However, a lot of that has to do with Bioware's experience with the NWN release.

One thing that's always been true of Bioware is that they learn from their past experiences. Well, that and they make great games. I wasn't a huge NWN fan, but they've really come out with great games over the past decade or so.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Actually, I played NWN1 MP A LOT. Soulthief stated that you can't pause in MP. That's a flat out LIE. And, there are plenty of times where pausing makes sense. btw, MP doesn't always equal PvP or PWs, it could - you know - mean small group playing with a DM. Which, if you didn't know was the whole original mission statement of NWN series to begin with. It's also what sets it a part from 99.999999% of other RPGs.

Game over.

Why do you say game over when you dont make any sense? I play at Dungeon Eternal X, at the moment that's the largest server you will find for NWN2 in multiplayer. Guess what? It's all pvp..guess what? ..no one wants to "pause" in an all out faction war. Imagine if you can the battle of Middle-earth, between the men and saruman's horde..now imagine if some kept hitting the pause button as that was going on and you were watchign it...get my point?

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

I assume in multiplayer you only control one character.

In that case, even with my laggy computer, there is no problem with fighting in real-time.

"Actually, the NWN boards were far, far worse."

Nope, they weren't. It's about the same; but meh; that's life.

Since there isn't any database support implemented for multiplayer factions at the moment you can't test this yet, but if there ever is i invite you to come to Dungeon Eternal X (Action category) and join one of the parties (if they ever resolve party invitations) and join them in faction based fortress invasion to capture a flag and faction artifact, or even an all out faction war in the the Mythara praries and youll fast see how utterly retarded it would be to have to pause.

EDIT: This is another big reason why they need to resolve the UI ease of use. This is why so many people are upset with the UI, its much more difficult to use. Sure everyone could learn this UI in time and most of us have, but it still takes longer to do all of the same things you could do much faster in NWN1. That's a step backwards anyway you cut it.

Edited by Guest
soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

...Volourn's right, kiddies; the NWN2 Boards now be in no rougher shape than the NWN1 Boards was when it was released...only real difference be that BIO seems ta be lettin' the trolls feed a bit more within reason...canna say I really blame 'em, since it ain't theys game, but Obsidz's... :ermm:"

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"only real difference be that BIO seems ta be lettin' the trolls feed a bit more within reason...canna say I really blame 'em, since it ain't theys game, but Obsidz's... "

That's not true. Threads are being locked left,a nd right. I'm also sure there's been plenty of warnings given if not outright bans. I think they're handling it basically like they did. However, like Cant mentioned they've learned as well and which is probably why they have those two stickies now. :joy:

In this very thread, someone whined about the number of drgaons in NWN1 (there were 7 IIRC), and NOT a peep over the 3-4 dragons in NWN2. *shrug*

Wow. I only saw one. I guess I need to check things out more closely on my second playthrough!

You better!

"there was no barometer for NWN1 really (sans BG)."

Um. That's a pretty big one since 90%+ of the complaints had to do with the SHOCK! HORROR! OH NOES! that NWN1 wasn't BG3. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

Soulthief also forgets that NWN1 9and 2) MP isn't just about PWs or PvP. There's also small groups with a DM type campaigns. You know, the one unique selling point that NWN series has over 99.9% of other games. In that situation, it is to me 'ok' to pause the game.

In a PW situation, no, I don't ti should really be ok. But, it is very possible, if the the server host allows it.

Soul: Good for you. I'm not speaking anyways. IU'm typing. And, you simply aren't reading what I posted, anyways. *shrug*

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: