what mmorpg's do y'all play?

XoXAlexOxO

How's Caesar 4 compared to say Zeus?

I haven't played Zeus, so I can't say.

There's no monument building ala Pharoah or some of the other recent city builders - it's really a lot like Caesar3, except without the major "walker" issues (a 'pull system' is used instead) and a few mechanics/rule changes like seperated housing and such. I think TM wanted to make it feel close to the old game only updated, and it works - which is why I'm so hooked. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think there are any free MMORPGs since one of the main purposes is to get people to subscribe to it and then pay to play.

Other than free trials and normal Multiplayer games... you're probably not going to find one that's 100% free.

Though I'm probably wrong.

I don't think there are any free MMORPGs since one of the main purposes is to get people to subscribe to it and then pay to play.

Other than free trials and normal Multiplayer games... you're probably not going to find one that's 100% free.

silkroad is, but like i said before, i can barely login anymore :)

For the most part you are correct. However, Guildwars would be the exception to this rule. There is no monthly sub fee required to play, its free. Its got really good graphics and isn't a system hog. Where it fails to excel IMHO would be game difficulty (it

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

The real difference between GW and most pay MMO's is the fact that all the gameplay takes part in instances. That relieves a ton of strain on the servers, making maintainence and customer support much more affordable. GW is almost closer to Diablo or Battlenet on the technical side of things, because you are really just meeting folks in a graphical chat room, grouping, and then entering your own little world.

That's the real reason for the lack of a monthly fee.

A part of the reason GW has no monthly fee is that they had plans to release expansions that you have to buy for new content. Originally they were hoping for 2-3 per year perhaps, which would essentially add up to close to what you'd pay if you paid monthly (10-15 a month) - assuming you bought them.

I don't know if they're going to keep up with that or not; they certainly don't seem to have released much. And I don't know if they have a big enough fan base/other money/projects like Blizzard does, to make free-hosted servers work financially forever if people don't buy. Another couple years shall tell. :)

As to the original question - if you don't care about graphics at all (and I mean at all) some people really like Maplestory. I haven't tried it tho, and I hear it takes literally forever to level past a certain point.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For the most part you are correct. However, Guildwars would be the exception to this rule. There is no monthly sub fee required to play, its free. Its got really good graphics and isn't a system hog. Where it fails to excel IMHO would be game difficulty (it

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.