Are my dreams being stolen from me?

Dittybop

My Sisters husband was complaining about my sister taking me to school back and forth three days a week. He said that it was the gas money. So I started it paying them the gas money to take me to school. Now hes saying my sis cant take me anymore. I am extremely skilled at programs like 3ds max, adobe, and I know maxscript. If I have to drop out because of this are my dreams gone. Will companies still hire me without knowing my situation?

Edited by Dittybop

I propose that you try find out what's true reason.

If you want to solve problem it is always easier if you know what causes it

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I propose that you try find out what's true reason.

If you want to solve problem it is always easier if you know what causes it

Im going to talk to him. I have worked my but off at this school this cant happen to me now. If this does happen to me though. I'll take the best and most passionate from my school and start a project.

There must be some alternatives to getting to school if this doesn't work out. You're sister's husband seems pretty petty if he's unhappy about his wife driving her brother to school, especially if it doesn't cut into their time and you're paying them.

Dropping out of school because of a lack of transportation seems a little premature.

B000051XJH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

note: I'm kidding.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Since she can do whatever she wants with her time and since you're paying for the gasoline I'd recommend to your brother-in-law that he needs to see a therapist about his control issues.

No, actually that would be counter productive and juvenile. You need to have a talk with him to discover the truth behind his problem with the situation (my kneejerk assumption is that your brother-in-law rues the time she spends on you, or feels you're an undue burden on her) and a talk with your sister to determine if you're being an imposition on her, (personally my sisters would use their husbands to deflect a situation).

Its not that I want to dropout its just that If I miss two days of the same class back to back they drop me from the college. That can happen real easily. Catch a cab! That would be like over a hundred dollars a day. Im asking will compamies hire college droputs with strong talents.

Only if you have a very very very very strong portfolio and plan on returning to school to finish your education. ;)

I would seriously consider carpooling with classmates or move closer if not on campass. Dorm rooms may not be the greatest in the world but gets you walking distance to class.

Its not that I want to dropout its just that If I miss two days of the same class back to back they drop me from the college.  That can happen real easily.  Catch a cab!  That would be like over a hundred dollars a day.  Im asking will compamies hire college droputs with strong talents.

It would be a difficult decision for a game developer to hire you assuming that you would stick at their job, when you haven't stuck to your previous commitments, specifically (and relevantly) the expected education ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Its not that I want to dropout its just that If I miss two days of the same class back to back they drop me from the college.  That can happen real easily.  Catch a cab!  That would be like over a hundred dollars a day.  Im asking will compamies hire college droputs with strong talents.

It would be a difficult decision for a game developer to hire you assuming that you would stick at their job, when you haven't stuck to your previous commitments, specifically (and relevantly) the expected education ...

I'd say despite that, if someone is good enough they will get hired, but the industry is changing it's starting to mature and I reckon the days when you could work in the industry without higher education are indeed coming to a close, I suppose you always have the exception to the rule... But still.

Oh BTW Carmack dropped out of uni, look at him now...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Yeah, thats what I was fearing. That the videogame industry is maturing and my Degree in Videogame Design would be extremely valuable. I have to get to the bottom of this, if I cant i guess i'll just get a job and find a loyal roomate. Do any of you work in the industry right now?

Yeah, thats what I was fearing.  That the videogame industry is maturing and my Degree in Videogame Design would be extremely valuable.  I have to get to the bottom of this, if I cant i guess i'll just get a job and find a loyal roomate.  Do any of you work in the industry right now?

:lol:" Yup

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Yeah, thats what I was fearing.  That the videogame industry is maturing and my Degree in Videogame Design would be extremely valuable.  I have to get to the bottom of this, if I cant i guess i'll just get a job and find a loyal roomate.  Do any of you work in the industry right now?

Talk with your school counselors and discuss financial assistance and trying to find a place close to your school. Also, explore avenues for public transportation.

Where do you live?

Part of me doesn't believe this is for real. :thumbsup:

Part of me worries that it might be. :p

In either case, my advice is to get some counseling immediately. :)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

For it to be hundreds of dollars, you either live in an area where public transport is very common, or you live a couple hours from school.

Try checking with your school to see if there is a rideshare program before you give up everything.

The other part of your question is if you can be hired as a dropout. I would tend to say yes, that you can, but remember that you are going against people who have completed college (and some who never went or dropped out). That means that you have to show them that you really want the job, have a great portfolio and have talents that they can't find in just any college graduate.

My guess though is in the next tenish years, it will be harder to find jobs which require computer skills and yet no degree is required.

• 3 weeks later...

you sound 12, so ummmm if your not I'm sorry get a car, i mean take out a loan your already in college and paying for it. It's time to grow up, and stop needing the support of others. Why do I say this well I'm in college, go to class full time, and still work nearly full time....

or maybe this isn't just the job for you, and the programs you listed well just won't cut it I'm afraid. I think I learned those back in high school. But don't listen to me, there is always the school paper.

I come off rude because well I think this is just a stupied and fake. But if this person is for real i feel sorry that he had come to a gamers forum to ask for help with a real life problem of not having a ride to... oh noes College...

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

My Sisters husband was complaining about my sister taking me to school back and forth three days a week.  He said that it was the gas money.  So I started it paying them the gas money to take me to school.  Now hes saying my sis cant take me anymore.  I am extremely skilled at programs like 3ds max, adobe, and I know maxscript.  If I have to drop out because of this are my dreams gone.  Will companies still hire me without knowing my situation?

ohnoes.jpg

manthing2.jpg

My Sisters husband was complaining about my sister taking me to school back and forth three days a week.  He said that it was the gas money.  So I started it paying them the gas money to take me to school.  Now hes saying my sis cant take me anymore.  I am extremely skilled at programs like 3ds max, adobe, and I know maxscript.  If I have to drop out because of this are my dreams gone.  Will companies still hire me without knowing my situation?

What about the bus?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf