GOTHIC 3 - GOLD!!!!!

elkston

One wonders how good the series was in the first place if removing climbing/mantling/diving was the main thing making it special.

Note that one of Gothic's strongest points was the free exploration of its world. By removing climbing, mantling and diving we are robbed of a part of that freedom.

As I've already said, the removal of those features probably doesn't have a significant impact on the core gameplay but it does limit some options.

One wonders how good the series was in the first place if removing climbing/mantling/diving was the main thing making it special.

Who said it was the main thing?

Anyhow, removing climbing will make the gameworld seem a lot less.. interactive. Whenever you ran into a problem in the previous Gothic's, you could always improvize. A pack of wolves hunting you? Climb a tree. Having trouble finding your way in town? Climb onto a rooftop for a better view. Tired of solving quests and killing enemies? Go mountain climbing!

But, alas, not anymore.

Unfortunately, I am a weak creature. I thought of cancelling my preorder and wait for the reviews instead, but I don't seem to be able to do it. It's like my subconscious still has hopes for this buggy, simplified mess of a game. Damnit!

And this is what I'll be getting in less than a week's time:

http://gothicz.net/index.php?sekce=gothic3...ocument=fotkyce

Note the Sleeper medallion. I will wear it day and night!!1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just a quick bit of good news:

Gothic 3

Platforms: PC

Genre: RPG

ESRB: Teen

PC Release Date: 2006-11-13

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required

You know, 'RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS' generally means 'MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS' and 'MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS' means "If you have that system, at least you can see the title screen. Well, maybe..."

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Did they get the same artists to do the avatar in all three games? Or do they just have a fetish for overly large male upper-bodies?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Did they get the same artists to do the avatar in all three games?  Or do they just have a fetish for overly large male upper-bodies?

Those that have it, would feel weird playing without it. Those without it, want it. :D

Okay, I agree that they could quite easily have different models for different classes (Magic-Users and Wizards being string-bean ectomorphs and Dwarves and Barbarians being over-sized endomorphs), and even some size variation within the classes, too, such as FAT female characters and even spotty teenage ones.

Much like NwN 2 allows! (w00t)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Two new (german) reviews of Gothic 3, this time of the final retail version:

9.3/10 from Extreme Players: http://www.extreme-players.de/product_revi...?pid=645&aid=pc

9/10 from Eurogamer.de: http://www.eurogamer.de/article.php?article_id=68594

What were the reviewers complaining the most about? Bugs. Gee, what a shocker.

Sounds good, although I don't think my P4 3ghz and GF6600GT will handle it, even in medium details. And who knows when I'll upgrade.... well, not too soon, so G3 will have to wait.

Oh well, there's still NWN2 where I can dress-up my mighty warrior like a barbie doll! Let's hope I can also pick up pink as hair color! Because that's teh ultimate RPG freedom I say people!!!!!1111