Unkillable enemies discussion

Judge Hades

Why you don't want to see that that is the case... and condemn the Wherewolf for something you accepted and found fun in another game...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It did exist in BG2.

Example (BG2) - At teh asylum, if you had none of the inmates you died instantly.

Example (VTM:B) - At the observatory, if you didn't use the doors or run your legs off you died really fast.

Each game required to you to fulfil certain conditions before you could "Beat" the boss for that part of the game.

*sigh*

It DID exist. You puzzled in order to defeat some enemies. You didn't even noticed/rembered it apparently. If you cannot be bothered by this technique in other games why does it bother you in V:BL?

(Are you really going to tell that in "real" combat when you beat the crap out of somebody and they just won't die you go heal the guy beating in on you? (just to use the odd "real combat" comment a few pages earlier))

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It did exist in BG2.

Example (BG2) - At teh asylum, if you had none of the inmates you died instantly.

Example (VTM:B) - At the observatory, if you didn't use the doors or run your legs off you died really fast.

Each game required to you to fulfil certain conditions before you could "Beat" the boss for that part of the game.

Never faced Irenicus asylum without the inmates. Never bothered to try because any seasoned adventurer would know how to use good cannon fodder. Also one should know his enemies. If undead, healing spells kill. If fire based, use water and ice based magic. If a dragon, lower its magic resistance then pummel it with spells while the frontliners surround it to beat it down.

Edited by Judge Hades

And any seasoned adventurer would know the wherewolf would beat the crap out of them in straight face-to-face combat :rolleyes:

^

If undead, healing spells kill.  If fire based, use water and ice based magic.  If a dragon, lower its magic resistance then pummel it with spells while the frontliners surround it to beat it down.

If only be able to hurt with silver; don't try to kill it without said material...

*sigh*

^

Werewolves can be harmed in WoD with aggravated damage, just like a vampire.

And you got not suspicious it might not use the exact same rules as WoD when vampires got downed with mere bullets (or is that also possible with WoD? I really am not familiar with non-game D&D or WoD)

^

Werewolves can be harmed in WoD with aggravated damage, just like a vampire.

And you got not suspicious it might not use the exact same rules as WoD when vampires got downed with mere bullets (or is that also possible with WoD? I really am not familiar with non-game D&D or WoD)

Vampires can be killed easier than a werewolf in most cases but that does not mean a werewolf is invincible.

Since we're talking about rules.

Here's some cold hard rules facts when comparing VTM to WTA... a seasoned werewolf can easily kill a vampire elder... something the PC is not.

While the way they did the scene was cheesy (and probably done to prevent the player from blowing all their ammo before the end boss fights).. it does show the relative strength between Werewolf and vampire newbie.

Werewolves ARE one of the most dangerous creatures in the Old WOD.

A single pissed off werewolf can easily take out an entire group of vampires, by itself.... so this seems like hairsplitting to me. <_<

Vampires can be killed easier than a werewolf in most cases but that does not mean a werewolf is invincible.

That a undead can be harmed with healing (do all undead in BG and BG2 have that? New to me...) doesn't mean that they should be invernable untill healed.

As a matter of fact most skeletons/zombies/wraiths/etc. died by my blade. Only the Unnamed Temple Guardian was invincible untill healed... Gimmick to me.

^

And where Exactly in RPG laws is it written any enemy should be killable by your characters abbilities?

And for me; yeah I need an outside source (read: D&D Vet.) to explain these stuff to me; something I don't like when playing my videogames.

(as mentioned 10 pages before) Your invernable Wherewolf pisses me less off (especially since they tell you to run) then running into a golem that looks just like the rest exept when scrolled over reveals "clay golem" and apparently is only damaged by one type of damage I don't know of who then whacks my entire party into oblivion...; and forces me to get some advise from friends at how to damage in order to actually proceed in the game...

FUN BEATS RULES

^