Oblivion

Walsingham

Well, if you could kill a kid. I believe there's a mod for it out there, but according to Beth, the reason kids weren't included in the game seems to have more to do with clipping issues than anything else. Dunno if I believe it, but the original point is still a true one.

Christ, you can break into somebody's house and even though they tell you to leave, if you initiate dialogue they'll act as if nothing's wrong. That's just sloppy.

Well, thanks to my cretinous ineptitude I haven't been able to get the ooo1 to work yet. Hva eto download it again, I think, as it looks to me as if key files are missing.

Incidentally, and no complaints here, really, but how the feth do I kill clannfear? I'm in Oblivion and the little bastards keep appearing in pairs and I'm getting my entrails handed to me coated in candy floss.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I distinctly remember running backwards, avoiding their attacks, all the while waving my sword frantically in front of me. Usually the damn creatures died, but not before leaving their bitemarks all over my body (meaning low hp, lots of armour damage).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Summoned critters are your friends. Summon a scamp or a high end zombie. The Clannfear would go for it instead of you and give you the chance to either run away or blast it with high damaging spells.

Oh, there is a mod out that makes the clannfear look like the bugger from the Alien movie.

Harvey

There's also a mod which prevents you from running backwards faster than you can run forwards as you do in vanilla Oblivion. Trying fighting a running battle with a Clanfear with that mod installed! Luck! :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I distinctly remember running backwards, avoiding their attacks, all the while waving my sword frantically in front of me. Usually the damn creatures died, but not before leaving their bitemarks all over my body (meaning low hp, lots of armour damage).

Hah! Sounds precisely like what I've been doing!. But they tag team, for feth's sake. You get one down to near death and the other one starts nibbling on your lymph nodes.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I remember when I fecked around with sidequests too long and I entered Kvatch at level 12 or something.

You know when you first enter the city then in the courtyard (just before you meet Martin)?

There were what, six clannfear or something and I was a magic-based high-elf carrying a bow.

So far I had had no trouble with the difficulty slider nearly on the far right, and pride (and gaming consistency) meant I spent the next hour or so trying out a various combination of jumping around, running back, potions and fiery death. Summoned creatures don't help much if they get killed by 12 claws in the blink of an eye.

Eventually, there was one reload where my area-of-effect spells caught every clannfear every time, and with a few lucky lateral-jumps and frantic dagger slashing I was down to the last 2 clannfear, both under half-health. Of course, I myself was about two clannfear-hits from death, out of mana/mp potions, and slow recharge.

Now, in an enclosed colonnade, you can't run back infinitely. What you can do, is step forward, make a quick swing with the sword, then jump back out of range. Then you do it again.

And again.

And again.

:thumbsup:

Ah... but I am playing ye olde magslayer archetype and have no fething magic!

And my six foot friend is correct. Ye can't run away for ever. I rather suspect I may have to try and escape and come back with trousers awash with healing gubbins.

-Elwood Blues

First whispers of an Oblivion expansion?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=145892

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So am I the only one who thinks Knights of the White Stallion sounds funny?

No, I agree. It sounds odd.

So am I the only one who thinks Knights of the White Stallion sounds funny?

No, I agree. It sounds odd.

I accosiate it with Knights of the Round Table. So in this case there would be bunch of knights gathered around white stallion.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Weren't there a group in Oblivoin called the Knights of the White Stallion already..? I have a vague recollection of joining some weird following in the town farthest to the south, in the swamplike areas (forgot the name of it). I am most probably mistaken though. But I do remember doing menial tasks for some king-like character and getting a shield (or some such) as a reward. Plus I got to enter a cabin outside of town that worked as sort of a club house.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Todd Howard had said that the vast majority of Bethesda was working on F3, with some other people working on supplementary material for Oblivion, but I had always assumed that they meant things like the "expansion" content (frostcrag spire, etc.) you could download. I'd be very surprised if they managed to create a whole new map, or something of the like.

Well, as F3 gets closer to completion, part of the staff will most likely be transfered to make an expansion.

Hmm :geek: Broad speculation puts F3 at the "first playable alpha" stage. If that's the case, it's still far from completion, especially if they plan to make the game as expansive as TES games.

Wow. I wasn't even aware FO3 was even in pre-production let alone near a playable alpha. Last I heard, a few devs were just kicking some broad ideas around and that FO3 was still years away from even beginning production. ANd that wasn't so long ago. When did Todd Howard say this?

I think its hard to have a major expansion without a new map area. Unless you've already planned for it ahead of time. Otherwise, you have to work in something big and new to a pre-existing world, which is a lot more difficult.

I was pretty sure Oblivion would get an expansion or two, just since its a way to add value to all the assets that have already been created. But if most of Bethesda Game Studios is already working at FO3, then I guess that would be difficult.

Too bad. I was hoping for some more good stuff from Obilivion. :geek: