Classic Black Isle software out

Walsingham

Why not?  Wouldn't it fit? :)

Well, the original Baldur's Gate came on its own DVD back in 1998 (or 5 CDs).

So it's not like they are small.

I couldn't say if "modern compression" would be all the difference or not, given I'm not aware of what types of compression were used when the games were released, nor how compressable the files are with modern compression (whatever that means).

Edited by alanschu

Yes. I was quite surprised when I found 4 disks in it. I would have expected all on one dual-layered DVD or both games with X-pack on a DVD (2 DVD's)...

Ah well... also odd BG+Xpack need ToSC CD to run while BG2+Xpack need SoA DVD to run :wub: Confusing the first few plays...

Considering a DVD would have the content of around 7 CD's (right?) 2 DVD's would have easily fit both games + their respective expansion...

As for XP-incompability glitches; so far none in BG2; BG1 had some flashing textures and some corrupt NPC skins but that was about it...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I got the "Valuepack" with Fallout 1 & 2 and Tactics in one box. Too bad they are still on CD's and not DVD's.

I have since a long while back the BG games. Never play BG1 + ToSC anyway and it's been a long while since I loaded up BG2.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Got the IWD package, and it works like a charm.

Sucks that they didn't bother to put everything in one DVD, though. The lack of a paper manual isn't too nice either. But for

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does it include the DOS version of Fallout 1. I already have all those games, but I'm just curious because I've been considering trying to run it onder DOSBox for Linux.

The later Windows only games I might try with WINE, because even though I have a dual boot system with WinXP 64-bit edition, I sometimes find myself not playing games because I don't feel like rebooting into Windows to play. Older games like the Fallouts and IE games might play fine, and then I'd have something to play in Linux other than Vega Strike and NWN.

-Kasoroth

P.S. - Obsidian, please make a Linux client for NWN2, even if it's not released at the same time as the Windows client. If necessary, please let Atari know that Linux users want games too (I've posted on Atari's forums expressing this opinion, but I don't know whether they listen or not) Rebooting is a pain in the @ss, and I don't play Obilvion as much as I would if it ran in Linux.

I can deal with rebooting to Windows for the short term, but eventually I'll probably ditch windows completely, as I dont anticipate ever getting Vista. To get all the features I'd want, I'd need the ultra expensive Ultimate edition, and I'm not willing to pay that much, and I don't like the idea of pirating it, so I think Win XP 64-bit will be the last Windows operating system I'll use, at least on my home computer.

Edited by Kasoroth

Does it include the DOS version of Fallout 1.  I already have all those games, but I'm just curious because I've been considering trying to run it onder DOSBox for Linux.

Not that I noticed, unless it is hidden on the DVD file structure.

P.S. - Obsidian, please make a Linux client for NWN2, even if it's not released at the same time as the Windows client.  If necessary, please let Atari know that Linux users want games too (I've posted on Atari's forums expressing this opinion, but I don't know whether they listen or not) Rebooting is a pain in the [neck], and I don't play Obilvion as much as I would if it ran in Linux. 

I can deal with rebooting to Windows for the short term, but eventually I'll probably ditch windows completely, as I dont anticipate ever getting Vista.  To get all the features I'd want, I'd need the ultra expensive Ultimate edition, and I'm not willing to pay that much, and I don't like the idea of pirating it, so I think Win XP 64-bit will be the last Windows operating system I'll use, at least on my home computer.

NwN had a linux DM client, didn't it?

I'd be pleased, too, though I don't know how far you are going to get playing games solely on linux ... not sure what the driver release schedule is like ... Perhaps the Community will help get this done, if Obsidian aren't able to, too?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Incidentally, I found that for my tastes, the Tigerlillies Births Marriages and Deaths as the soundtrack when playing ToSC. Especially good for Durlag's Tower. But be advised, that album is not just adult, but quite disgusting lyrics.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.