A lead designer on PNJ became a NWN2 forum mod.

funcroc

My guess is that yes, it was cancelled

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:)

But then, it might not mean anything at all. Maybe Obsidian's flexible and people move around between projects and share projects all the time.

This kind of rumour's pretty much inevitable if they don't release any information at all for so long.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It points towards PNJ being cancelled, yes. The forums were removed, then SEGA came along and OE is now most likely devoting half their crew to that project.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is depressing. :)

I prefer to believe that Mr. Saunders wanted to hone his forum moderating skills on an active site before the imminent launch of the spectacular new PNJ forums for which he will be responsible. :mellow:

And it was such a promising sounding game, even if it was console only :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It was promsing?  In what way?

We hadn't heard anything negative about it :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

See, there's nothing to worry about:

Project New Jersey is not in jeopardy, the forum was removed until there is a more formal announcement. :)

PNJ is for the latest generation consoles.

No mystery.

And as we all know, mods are never wrong. :D

Same thing Fionavar said when he took the forums down; what; a half year ago now. Ran a year after the announcement.

Why make an announcement and still after 1 1/2 have nothing except for it being "awesumness driven"? :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

First post about PNJ that I could find

Did John Morgan left OE in the meantime? :)

edit; fixed link

Second edit; Even older link

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It is. John Morgan is (was?) the Obsidian Entertainment Public Relationship man (if I recall correct)

^

http://rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=125

13. The unannounced semi-original IP "inspired by a license" project. It's the first original Obsidian project, so the expectations and pressure must be high. Without being too specific, what design decisions can we expect? What's Obsidian's vision of a successful and original project these days, when sequels seem to rule the gaming world?

This is purely hypothetical if someone takes offense at this, and since I am one of five owners, this is also solely my opinion without consultation with the other hive minds...

Show me the official press release on PNJ.

Edited by funcroc