Iranian Nuclear Program and the U.S.

Judge Hades

You should study a bit of history: the only (successful) political force is superior might. And it is fallacious to compare international politics with human inter-personal relations.

Hmmm.

I just walked around my living room and my attic and my basement checking to see how many history books I might have read.

Certainly hundreds.

But maybe I didn't learn anything!

Really.

I have a bunch more I still need to read.

It is so very difficult knowing what it all means.

LOL

Anyway, regarding interpersonal relations and national and international politics:

When I was going to Columbia during the Vietnam war the Anti-war folks sort of took over parts of the school. Early one morning I went to the physics building to do some lab work and found a protester blocking the door. He said "you can't go in there." I said "Why not?" He said, "It's nothing personal." I said, "Hey, look around. The birds have just woken up. There's just you and me and some sleepy birds here. How much more personal can it get?" In the end we agreed that I would sneak in through the freight loading dock. It always comes down to the personal level.

I think personal folks sometimes wrap themselves in national flags and even in the valor of heros so that they will look good while proposing psychopathic agendas which often benefit them personally.

Speaking of history - I take some small comfort that the same personal attributes that drive people to propose and carry out violent programs of domination limit their abilities to be successful in carrying out those programs. Reference WWI the German Schlieffen attack - undone by the pride and insecurities of the generals and teh Keiser. Reference Hood's attack at Gettysburg - undone by his innability to mark time and his eagerness to engage. There are lots of other examples.

Heh!

:D

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

180px-AlfredGrafVonSchlieffen.jpg

Yeah, those pesky books don't always tell you much, unless you can read between the lines and extrapolate beyond the limitations of the authors. :blink:

The plan was made after the Entente Cordiale of 1904 was signed between Britain and France. Kaiser Wilhelm II asked Alfred Graf von Schlieffen to devise a plan which would allow Germany to fight a war on two fronts and in December 1905 von Schlieffen began circulating it.

linkie

See? The Global War of the twentieth century is all Britain's fault!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If Von Moltke the Younger hadn't sissied the plan up, it would have worked!

The Schlieffster knew Germany only had a chance if it crushed France before Russia mobilized.

(I knew my history minor would come in handy someday)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I think things would be much simpler if we had a change of world leaders. BRING BACK SHAKA ZULU!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I cant believe I missed this thread! :blink:

To put it simply; the reason why western countries do not want Iran to have access to nuclear technology, is the same as why YOU dont want that psycho-boy in the back of the classroom to have a gun. You dont even want him to have a knife, even if itd be useful to him when he eats.

(explanation: the gun is a metaphor for a nuke, and the knife is a metaphore for nuclear power used to generate electricity. useful as it may be, the "knife" can do great harm )

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The US and the UN both would like to see Iran stop messing with nuclear technology but is it fair?  Should not the US lead by example and get rid of its own nuclear weaponry?  How can the current administration tell another country to disarm when we ourselves have enough weaponry to wipe out any other country on the planet with a push of a buton?

In my view Iran has as much right to nuclear weaponry as the U.S. and if the Bush administration wants to disarm other nuclear or would be nuclear powers he needss to lead by example and not by he sword.

You can't try to prevent war with out preparing for it.

Anywho I haven't thought about current affairs in about a month. I had to read this book over summer (A short history of the world) and now that school started we're learning about ancient civilizations. So when I think Turkey, I think of the asian minor and when I think of Iran I think of Persia. And the books I;ve been reading says the the Persians were a lot better than the Assyrians.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Anywho I haven't thought about current affairs in about a month. I had to read this book over summer (A short history of the world) and now that school started we're learning about ancient civilizations. So when I think Turkey, I think of the asian minor and when I think of Iran I think of Persia. And the books I;ve been reading says the the Persians were a lot better than the Assyrians.

Have you read 'The Cartoon History of the Universe". It is funny and puts history in perspective.

While plans are good some historians say they can also be confining.

My wife and I sleep better at night knowing ( :ermm: ) that neither of us has contingency plans to kill the other. :D

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

My wife and I sleep better at night knowing ( :ermm: ) that neither of us has contingency plans to kill the other.  :D

This made me laugh out loud.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

In both cases, they're under the threat of being crushed by by Roman Empire!

We're not there yet, the Persians just attacked Greece (I think, I need to check my notes).

Have you read 'The Cartoon History of the Universe". It is funny and puts history in perspective.

While plans are good some historians say they can also be confining.

My wife and I sleep better at night knowing ( :ermm: ) that neither of us has contingency plans to kill the other. :D

You're married?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Pretty much everyone is getting on the case of Iran having nukes but they aren't the only one's who may have nuclear missiles. In fact Israel has the appearance of having nuclear missiles themselves and recently bought 2 diesel powered submarines that are capable of launching Jericho class missiles that can carry nuclear warheads. Iran has the right to protect itself from Israel if that nation chooses to attack by whatever means they have at their disposal, and vice versa.

That the UN *should* be the police man of the world should not even be up for debate. Police men, by definition, are those who uphold the laws of a community. The police men of the world are then, by extension, those who uphold the laws of the world. International law should not be established by one (US), or even a group (modernized), of nations. I think we can all agree that the US and the modernized nations only have their own best interests in mind, and not the majority of the world's population, which live in developing countries. To allow such a force to police the world would be to create an oligarchy of the elite - the police force would then simply be a corrupt extension of the rich and the powerful, and terrorism might, then, become even justified as a form of resistance.

That the UN *could* be the police man of the world is a much more polemical argument, and something of a tragedy. The inefficiency of its bureaucracy and the deadlock of the Security Council are both very poignant issues that vastly undermine what the UN could be. But its fulfilmment should be the ultimate goal - for there to emerge a world nation, the UN, and not the US or Europe or China or Russia, must be the police man.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

Pretty much everyone is getting on the case of Iran having nukes but they aren't the only one's who may have nuclear missiles.  In fact Israel has the appearance of having nuclear missiles themselves and recently bought 2 diesel powered submarines that are capable of launching Jericho class missiles that can carry nuclear warheads.  Iran has the right to protect itself from Israel if that nation chooses to attack by whatever means they have at their disposal, and vice versa.

I'd love to see the reaction from the international community and Israel's allies if Israel decided to start launching nuclear warheads.

Israel have had nukes for atleast 20 years. But it cant be denied that the fewer nations with access to nuclear weapons, the better.

As for Iran, it doesnt matter that they may have the right to defend themselves or the right to enrich uranium for use in powerplants. They cannot under any circumstances be trusted with this technology. Not only are they ruled by religious fanatics, but theyre also the worlds largest sponsor of Islamic terrorism.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But we want to bash the US!!!!

Yes, and so should you, Canardian. But yet you insist on remaining neutral... you're hiding something. Possibly Communism.

I don't understand why we here in the US don't just convert to communism. I think it would be fun!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think those who hate the US should join a movement headed by the bushmen of the Kalahari. It would certainly startle them.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.