Jack Thompson(Evil videogame hating moron on G4TV.

jodo kast 5

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/A...4/The_Loop.html

Pretty funny.This contradicts himself so much,it's a wonder he can even get his story straight.

'Video Games lead to violence.' Really?Then can you explain why WW 1&2 happened when VGs weren't even made back then?Can you explain why every other war before and since then has happened,when video games weren't even involved?No, you can't.

This guys an idiot.No question about it.He's also plain and simply annoying and stupid - like a blind man with a broken arm trying to juggle burning torches in a fuel depot with a firework factory in the neighbourhood while balancing a stick of dynamite on his nose. :ermm:

Edited by jodo kast 5

Pretty funny.This contradicts himself so much,it's a wonder he can even get his story straight.

'Video Games lead to violence.' Really?Then can you explain why WW 1&2 happened when VGs weren't even made back then?Can you explain why every other war before and since then has happened,when video games weren't even involved?No, you can't.

This guys an idiot.No question about it.He's also plain and simply annoying and stupid - like a blind man with a broken arm trying to juggle burning torches in a fuel depot with a firework factory in the neighbourhood while balancing a stick of dynamite on his nose. :ermm:

I don't know why he thinks video games mess up people's minds video games are just for having fun

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

I don't know why he thinks video games mess up people's minds video games are just for having fun

Naw,the most likely thing is,is that it is all a ruse.He's probably just attacking VGs in general just to further his popularity amoung the attorney business to gain more business for himself.

While I agree that video games aren't really a cause of violece, your argument is flawed. War is not the only kind of violence, and nobody (even this guy) thinks wars are started because of video games. I'm sure he's referring to violence at home, such as school shootings and other domestic violence and crimes.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The UK's First Amendment says underage kids can't buy Adult themed games.

Their first amendment really says that? I would think it would have to do with something like looting, killing, or something else. But if Jack Thompson says it, hey...It must be true. :ermm:"

The UK's First Amendment says underage kids can't buy Adult themed games.

Their first amendment really says that? I would think it would have to do with something like looting, killing, or something else. But if Jack Thompson says it, hey...It must be true. :ermm:"

Christ...UK only started ammendments less than 15 years ago?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

While I agree that video games aren't really a cause of violece, your argument is flawed. War is not the only kind of violence, and nobody (even this guy) thinks wars are started because of video games. I'm sure he's referring to violence at home, such as school shootings and other domestic violence and crimes.

My mistake.Still,these crimes can be inspired just by pure hatred,not video games.And even before VGs were made,many things like kids or adults murdering their sibling,friends,enemies,even their own parents,have happened.Video games aren't the problem,if the parents of the kids,would bother to read the f**king disclaimer(T for Teen,M for Mature,etc...) on the box,then maybe their kids wouldn't be exposed to it(Granted, it's just only delaying the inevitable.The world is a violent place in itself,no matter what part of your life you encounter it in,there will always be violence).

Edited by jodo kast 5

My mistake.Still,these crimes can be inspired just by pure hatred,not video games.And even before VGs were made,many things like kids murdering their sibling,friends,bullies,even their own parents,have happened.Vodeo games aren't the problem,if the parents of the kids,would bother to read the f**king disclaimer(T for Teen,M for Mature,etc...) on the box,then maybe their kids wouldn't be exposed to it(Granted, it's just only delaying the inevitable.The world is a violent place in itself,no matter what part of your life you encounter it in,there will always be violence).

Like Games Like grand theft auto

Seriously,the video games aren't to blame,it's the idiot parents that buy them,and don't bother to read the disclaimer on the box.And then when 'Timmy',decides to shoot a rival of his at school,who or what do the parents blame it on?The video games.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Seriously,the video games aren't to blame,it's the idiot parents that buy them,and don't bother to read the disclaimer on the box.And then when 'Timmy',decides to shoot a rival of his at school,who or what do the parents blame it on?The video games.

The Parent's Are the problem they buy their kids the games

The Parent's Are the problem they buy their kids the games

Exactly.

it's not video games the parent's are just hard headed

Yes.They think that they are not the ones responsible for it. ;)

they think the content in the game is responsible

stop posting the same sentance over and over, chris the jedi killer.

Anyway:

The problem is, it's an easy outlet. Parents don't want to call themselves bad parents. They want to say "The videogames did it!" because it's a lot easier to cope with than saying something like "Wow, I'm such a bad parent because I left the gun-safe unlocked and my Revolver loaded!" Videogames are violent. They'll always be violent.

We have a rating system for a reason. If games like Grand Theft Auto offered no insight to how violent the game is...Well then sure, I could completly understand why people like Jack Thompson would get upset. However, when you see a large M-FOR MATURE written on the box, it might be a good idea [for the parents] to check it out.

Another good question for all these-"The videogames made my kid kill someone!"-parents is:

Where is your kid playing the games?

Do you let them lock themselves in their room for 8 hours on end without knocking on their door, and wonder what they're doing? Personally, [although it's pretty annoying] my father knocks on my door every once in a while when I get a new game and am glued to the chair playing it. Jack Thompson needs to stop being the "parent of America" and worry about his own kids, not everyone elses.

I'm a kid. I'm a product-target for a lot of "T" rated games, and if Bully is rated "T" or "M", I'm still going to get it. I don't really care what Jack Thompson thinks, nor do my parents. The only thing my parents are really against is -hardcore nudity- in games, and that's pretty rare. Even the infamous "Hot Coffee Mod" didn't really show a lot of skin. I think the main character actually had his pants on during the whole "show".

Kids are always going to have access to "M" rated games, if their parents see fit. My father has bought me a collection of "M" rated games, and that doesn't make him a bad parent at all. He believes that blowing off an alien's head in Halo2 isn't all that bad. He believes that shooting the arm off a Nazi in Brothers in Arms is perfectly fine, as long as I don't act on the violence. I guess he trusts me, but then again...Why wouldn't he?

The stores by me either don't care, or are completly oblivious to the ban on "M" rated games for minors. I had no problem renting Hitman: Blood Money from my local Blockbuster.

Movies. Movies have been around for a long time. There has always been violence in movies. Saving Private Ryan was the first "R" rated film I ever saw, and eight when I saw that movie. The first thirty minutes of that movie were graphic. I remember a man laying on his back, with half his stomach hanging out screaming "Momma". Now, I saw that movie six years ago, and have I ever tried to shoot someone? No.

When the smoke clears, kids will always like their violent videogames. Let's face it...It's fun to shoot someone in the face and not get put in jail for it.

Edited by Krookie

there will always be violence tv has violence as well

Captain state the obvious....

Violent natures are part of humans... it's impossible to go through life without being exposed to violence.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't mind what Jack Thompson is trying to do, no need to go flame fest on him for trying to do what he thinks is a right thing. But he's got it all wrong. Video Games are another form of entertainment, nothing more. You'd have to lack alot of self-control if you felt an urge to go out and kill someone after playing GTA.

Besides most violent kids don't even play games. Most of them are either too spoiled or come from a poor family in a rough neighborhood. I know a kid who hit his grandfather when me and a friend dropped by his house, never got punished for it. In a rough neighborhood, parents don't even know what their kids are doing when they go outside. In truth it is the parents or guardians who need to do a better job with their kids.

Now I'm interested in knowing how the hell one uses Doom to train themselves. Are you serious? Are you gonna go out and 'PWN Noobz' or something? ;)

Edited by Terranova

I don't mind what Jack Thompson is trying to do, no need to go flame fest on him for trying to do what he thinks is a right thing. But he's got it all wrong. Video Games are another form of entertainment, nothing more. You'd have to lack alot of self-control if you felt an urge to go out and kill someone after playing GTA.

Besides most violent kids don't even play games. Most of them are either too spoiled or come from a poor family in a rough neighborhood. I know a kid who hit his grandfather when me and a friend dropped by his house, never got punished for it. In a rought neighborhood, parents don't even know what their kids are doing when they go outside. In truth it is the parents or guardians who need to do a better job with their kids.

Now I'm interested in knowing how the hell one uses Doom to train themselves. Are you serious? Are you gonna go out and 'PWN Noobz' or something?  ;)

you n00blet...

>.>

<.<

PWN PWN PWN!

seriously that was a funny clip... Thompson trying to hype himself while adam sessler vehamently tries to defend video games and the CEO just sits there like a bump on a log. (makes me wonder how he got to that point.)

Also jack looks to be hitting hard times right now.

Where's SOE? he needs to break out the old Thompson avvie...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Now I'm interested in knowing how the hell one uses Doom to train themselves. Are you serious? Are you gonna go out and 'PWN Noobz' or something?  ;)

Columbine, right? Been proven by several psych and medical studies performed by real psychiatrists and doctors, that those two were violent from the start. One was brutal and stupid, while the other had all the psychological makings of a future serial killer; cold, ruthless, and efficient.

The base argument for using games to train to kill is flawed. Moving a mouse and using WASD does not a savage killer make.

Sure, soldiers use "games" to help in their training, but they also spend a good deal of their time firing real weapons, and they're there specifically for the purpose of learning to kill, and do so effectively when the time comes that they have to pull the trigger. That's the fundamental difference between some kid playing Doom and a soldier training on a game designed by the army to aid them in their training.

The guy's an **** lawyer trying to cash in on tragedy. For the last time, he's like the boogeyman, ignore him, and he'll gradually fade into memory.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's easy for people over 18 to forget about him because it doesn't really affect you as much as it does the people that are under 18. Thing is, I've got another 4 years before I can buy M Rated games legally.

(God, that makes me sounds like a baddass. "I can't do it cause it's illegal")

Edited by Krookie

This guys an idiot.No question about it.He's also plain and simply annoying and stupid - like a blind man with a broken arm trying to juggle burning torches in a fuel depot with a firework factory in the neighbourhood while balancing a stick of dynamite on his nose. ;)

Terrorists play video games, why else would they be so violent?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf