The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

I was by the local comic store today and grabbed vol 1 and 2 of The Authority: Revolution, and Lucifer vol 10, which I didn't even know was out.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Discovering "Y The last Man" I naturally had to dig deeper into the works of Brian K. Vaughan and I found "The Runaways", published by Marvel. I only have two issues so far but the very idea is great fun:

What would YOU do if you discovered your parents were supervillains?

It's a shame Marvel hasnt branched out in the same size as DC has done with Wildstorm and Vertigo, though. They have MAX for the Supreme Power line, but they really need some more mature titles.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Discovering "Y The last Man" I naturally had to dig deeper into the works of Brian K. Vaughan and I found "The Runaways", published by Marvel. I only have two issues so far but the very idea is great fun:

It's a shame Marvel hasnt branched out in the same size as DC has done with Wildstorm and Vertigo, though. They have MAX for the Supreme Power line, but they really need some more mature titles.

they also have punisher as a max title.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well most of the stuff under Wildstorm was Image properties they bought, so they couldn't merge it with their standard universe very easily. I do like the idea behind Vertigo though. Its not necessarily a mature readers label, more of a creator owned titles label. Well, thats what it is now. Its just that most creators given the opportunity tend to tell stories that they want to tell, rather than kid friendly stories that sell well. So most of the vertigo stuff turns out being mature readers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hrm. I've been busy.

First six collections of Y. I bought/read the first two before Kaftan brought them up but I don't venture into this thread all that often.

Just finished Watchmen and I am soooooo pissed off that

Rorschach

was killed off like that. Geez.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Gratuitious Y - The Last Man screen:

YtLM.jpg

I wish Yorrick would just stop his Beth obsession and give his love where its due

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Gratuitious Y - The Last Man screen:

YtLM.jpg

I wish Yorrick would just stop his Beth obsession and give his love where its due

he did knock up the other beth... at the church.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

kingdom_come.jpgwatchmen_small.pngproduct_G4585.jpgXIII.pngnew_graphic_novel4902.jpg

\,,/

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So was the comic. I mean, if you do like French comics.

I mean, other than Moebius, who is getting more and more "western".

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Too bad for you then.

kirottu said:

You know, it's not like I bought those comics. Or any comics I've listed in these threads.

Except Marvel 1602, I had to buy that lovable hugmuffin. :)

If you happen to find a decent source for foreign comics(try Turkish, Spanisn and Belgic too), look for Giraud or Moebius. That's some good stuff.

kirottu said:

Oh, right. A lot of Giraud among other writers is translated to English though.

Just read his Wikipedia file.

kirottu said:

he did knock up the other beth... at the church.

And he made out with the prison chick and the captain. But thats now what I meant, Im talking about [insert random interracial innuendo possibly involving references to chocolate and/or coffee]

Edited by Kaftan Barlast