Who am I fighting for?

Ok, so my character, Nichos Salu, is near the top of the light side on the bar thing beside your character portrait, however, i just did something that confused me.

:p:blink::blink:

The civil war on Onderon. I supported general Vaklu. I raided the palace, killing everybody, including a few Sith. However, even though i was fighting sith inside the palace, everyone on the queens side was calling ME a sith. And innevitably, i ended up killing master Katar! I tried to turn against general Vaklu once I realised I was supporting the sith, but couldnt.

So now im confused as to who was on the sith side, Vaklu or Katar? Because I didnt get any dark side points for killing katar.....help :(:(:(

One cannot be trying to ally with both Vaklu and Kavar. However, your alignment towards end of game will be what counts. Here is why. If your character was of DS alignment after rescuing Vrook on Dantooine, Vrook will sense it. However, it is your conversation choices that will leave you to decide whether you will defeat him or ally with him. However, with Kavar, game either considers you to be against him or with him. DS or not, alignment points can be reversible to an extent, speaking with party members to gain influence. Characters like Bao-Dur and Disciple whom you gain influence with often involve receiving LS points also. It is hardly fixed anyway. DS/LS points and killing some Jedi masters revolve around your conversation choices, not because the former always follows the latter or even the other way at all.

If you have yet to encounter Zez-Kai Ell and Vrook, then you can still decide whether to duel or ally with them. Suggest you ally with them. Killing all masters will incline game to give you DS Force Crush as this will leave none present at gathering in Dantooine's Jedi enclave, I suppose, though cannot be exact about this. Whether your alignment is DS also, is not fixed. Unless your PC has been killing other innocent characters, then maybe so.

However, once you have either killed all Jedi Masters or left at least one alive at all, you will learn either one LS or DS force power. From that point onwards, it is quite likely that you might not be able to reverse your alignment from wherever it may be at that point in time.

Just keep your alignment towards LS. You probably would not want to have your LS force powers which you have already selected at a heavier cost by going to DS. Does not make sense anyway (Although it is still your choice)

Whether you play as a Sith or Jedi, those Sith soldiers on Onderon are under Darth Nihilus. LS or DS, you will find that, either way you go, those Sith will still be part of enemies you have to clear in the game. Won't really think too much about it.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

However, once you have either killed all Jedi Masters or left at least one alive at all, you will learn either one LS or DS force power. From that point onwards, it is quite likely that you might not be able to reverse your alignment from wherever it may be at that point in time.

Just keep your alignment towards LS. You probably would not want to have your LS force powers which you have already selected at a heavier cost by going to DS. Does not make sense anyway (Although it is still your choice)

Actually, I hate to be the bringer of bad news but his path is set. The Enclave scene will be that you must fight Vrook and Zez, resulting in Kreia's speech about failing her.

Boil it down to basics. Generally, LS alignment with DS force crush. So, ending will be DS also. Unless, perhaps if you had a previous save before agreeing to ally with Vaklu at all. Otherwise, can't do much about this.

And so what this means is that you might as well go DS even with dialogue options if you decide to continue with game, meaning using DS force powers like say Death Field, Insanity and whatever other ones there are. Sorry, but game assumes you are headed that way.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The whole Onderon situation was a lame black-and-white cartoony plot... Heck, at first I thought siding with Vaklu wasn't such a bad idea...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Boil it down to basics. Generally, LS alignment with DS force crush. So, ending will be DS also. Unless, perhaps if you had a previous save before agreeing to ally with Vaklu at all. Otherwise, can't do much about this.

And so what this means is that you might as well go DS even with dialogue options if you decide to continue with game, meaning using DS force powers like say Death Field, Insanity and whatever other ones there are. Sorry, but game assumes you are headed that way.

Last i checked, you have to be DS to get force crush, even if you don't kill the jedi or if you're LS and kill all of them.

Don't really doubt that the Onderon part of TSL was hardly ever set accurately so that alignment was directly related to either helping Vaklu or the Queen. Which makes it even more confusing about continuing with game from there.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Yes it was a bit confusing ,but I didn't think doing those evil things , ie killing...Riken I think ( I felt so guilty but I did It anyway) things would make it so I had to side with Vaklu.

Of course this was my first Dark-Side game ,even though I was light side at the point of no return. :)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Let's clear up a few things.

You have complete control over which side you want to support, regardless of alignment.

On Dantooine, Vrook will say that he senses something very dark about you if you are DS aligned, but you have the choice to side with the Khoonda militia instead of with Azkhul. As a result, you don't have to kill Vrook.

A LS aligned player can also choose to side with Azkhul at any time, even during the final battle of Dantooine. This will mean that you have to kill Vrook.

On Nar Shaada, everything hinges on what you say to Zez Kai El when you first get a chance to talk with you. LS or DS, you can simply say "I'm here to end you," or something like that, and you'll fight him. It doesn't matter whether you are LS (and have Mira in your group) or DS (and have Hanharr in your group).

On Onderon, if you do only good acts (e.g. don't kill the captains), and support the queen on your first visit, then Tobin will not offer to let you join them.

If you do a mixture of good and evil acts (e.g. don't kill the captains, but persuade one or two to retire), then Tobin will offer you a chance to join them.

If you do all of the evil acts (e.g. kill all of the captains), then your only choice when Tobin makes you an offer is "After all I've done, I have no choice but to side with Vaklu."

It doesn't matter what your overall alignment is; all that matters, in terms of getting the choices on Onderon, is what your actions were on that planet.

agree with the above poster and i also think is a good thing of the game

every planet (telos included) can be played as you want and you are not forced to side a faction or another in reguard of your alignment

there are planets where the distinction between good and evil is very evident (nar shadda or dant) but others where such distinction is not that evident...

for onderon in particular i consider the "evil" side to be more benefical in the end and i think is a nice thing

for the fact that guards call you sith (even if you are LS) i think it can be easilly explained... Vaklu is allied with sith so queen guards are fighting both soldiers and siths is quite natural that, looking at you in battle, they will consider you a sith... they will not know who you really are...

even Kavar that call you dark one imo makes sense, you have to consider that the council think you are responsable for the jedi deaths, also you are an hole in the force, so probably they can't feel if you are good or evil by the force so in the end what defines you in his eyes are your "evil" actions

Yes, but point is that if one Jedi master is killed, one will have to confront the other two in Dantooine's enclave. While dialogue options allow the Exile to decide whether masters will be killed on certain planets, doubt that they don't have to be confronted and fought on Dantooine. Almost similar to getting Force Crush in a way, i think. And this being possible while still having LS alignment. And since this is so, might as well select some DS force powers and go ahead with DS alignment. Usually easier to have one or the other.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I went through as a darksider and tested what happened if you only killed some of the Jedi. When I got to the enclave, I had to fight them, whether it was 1 or 2 jedi left. But I was darkside mastery then...

I don't know if alignment does make a difference if you play mixed, but that could be pretty funny. The lightside enclave confrontation with only 1 or 2 Jedi left? "You are a wound in the force... you have brought doom on the galaxy..." all coming from one guy? LOL.

To Nichos Salu: Don't really understand how you were able to do quest of eliminating the three captains for Vaklu. First, have you already rescued/defeated Vrooka and Zez Kai-Ell? What alignment were you when you spoke to Anda to get quest for eliminating captains?

Here is what I did: Character was an LS Sentinel/Watchman. Basically rescued Vrook and Zez Kai-Ell rahter than killing them. Then, after Nar Shaddaa, went to Dxun and then Onderon and tried speaking to Anda. By the way, my character had LS mastery from when I first had it till now on Onderon. Only response Anda gave was: "I am quite busy right now. Perhaps later we could talk?" So, was not able to get her to give my PC quest to eliminate three captains at all. Tend to think that what Anda says is based on alignment type since mine was LS mastery. And so far in K2 games, have not encountered any kind of LS character siding Vaklu at all? Quite a few times, anyway.

And my copy is for PC.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

No wonder, hardly spoke to them about either. Thanks, anyway. Will see if I can get my character to aid Vaklu then and how it goes from there.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

It is the gathered crowd next to the statue that riot with Ponlar that matter,not the Devaronian and twylek.

You side with Ponlar saying ,"the queen should listen to the people" they riot you kill the royalists. Then Aida or whoever will ask you to remove the 3 captains. It might also be possible with the female Twylek swoop racer.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Indeed, it is possible to side with Vaklu, meaning Master Kavar is killed. Which results in having to fight Master Vrook and Master Zez-Kai Ell. My character still had LS mastery although had DS points for having to kill Captain Bostucco. And had LS Enlightenment with an LS ending for game. On a similar basis, it might also mean that DS characters can leave the Jedi Masters alive and obtain Force crush while perhaps helping Administrator Adare on Dantooine, the Queen on Onderon, and maybe getting Hanharr also.

However, it is also confusing and convoluted and probably won't want to try it a second time if possible.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧