Look at my crappy computer!

ramza

Hey I was running an old Toshiba Cely Notebook @ 650mhz with RAM maxed out @ 192 with XP Pro SP2 with all of the eye candy disabled and it was rock solid - not fast - but solid. Good mobile word processor - not anywhere gaming capable ...

Also it was WAY MORE stable with XP than ME ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I used to like my P4 a lot better when all was doing was playing my games...then I started playing with too many graphic applications and it feels like I need about 30GB of RAM and a SuperPC.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If one can not or does not want "eye candy" they are better off with something older like WIn98/95 or even DOS.

Or if they just don't want recent applications.

DOS? Yeesh. I wouldn't consider a somewhat functioning GUI to be "eye candy," but if I'd like to play pretty much any game (or application for that matter) in the last 8 years, you better be using at least Win9x.

Newer applications coming out no longer support Win9x anymore though.

actually I'm considering installing win98 on a secondary machine just so I can play C&C: Red Alert 2.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

It is so, Deraldin. I played RA2 and Yuri's Revenge yesterday. RA1 however doesn't work :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Oh really? Great! :blink:

I'll check it out sometime :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)