Bioshock interview @TTLG

Morgoth

Neither, he's a blank slate.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Okay is that Gothic 2/PS:T blank slate or Oblivion blank slate?

Neither, but I'd say it's closer to Gothic. To the best of my knowledge you never see your own face so you don't know what you look like. It's the way of System Shock. Dont expect character creation at the start of the game.

However, I wouldn't call Oblivion's PC a blank slate in any way. You get to choose its appearence, sex and you can fiddle around with the attributes as you see fit.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

I think it's a real blank slate.

As in, no pre-game happenings or skills except swimming, breathing and hitting stuff with blunt instruments.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The System Shock games were some of the coolest stories I have ever experienced in a video game. I have high hopes that Bioshock will deliver in that regard.

Though I'm sure Bioshock will have stats as well Morgoth :o

And you play through the game (much like Deus Ex, SS2) based on the choices you have made with said stats. :)

There was a cool article about it in the latest PC Gamer too.

Edited by alanschu

I haven't really followed up on it too much. I assumed there'd be something similar to SS2 and Deus Ex for getting points to improve your abilities.

Mind you, both of those characters were cyborgs that let you make stuff like that possible.

I assume there is going to be some form of stats. But no silly Str-Dex-Con-thing. More like your current evolution level(or whatever parameter they are going to use), resistance to certain enviromental states, pheromones in use and the state of your weapon, etc.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I haven't really followed up on it too much.  I assumed there'd be something similar to SS2 and Deus Ex for getting points to improve your abilities.

Mind you, both of those characters were cyborgs that let you make stuff like that possible.

Nope, no Shock2 or DeusEx stat sheet anymore... It's all about altering your DNA via Adam now, baby! While that can improve both your attributes and your weapons as well, it now has the drawback that you could turn out as a monster yourself if you're not careful enough. Clearly an improvement. Character improvement now has consequences. :o

Edited by Morgoth

Everyone must join the Church of Bioshock! :o

Heja Sverige!!

I haven't really followed up on it too much.  I assumed there'd be something similar to SS2 and Deus Ex for getting points to improve your abilities.

Nope, no Shock2 or DeusEx stat sheet anymore... It's all about altering your DNA via Adam now, baby! While that can improve both your attributes and your weapons as well, it now has the drawback that you could turn out as a monster yourself if you're not careful enough. Clearly an improvement. Character improvement now has consequences. ;)

That's what the small-minded ones called it: monstrous ... but I'll show them!

dalek.gif

cyberlol6uf.jpg

robot.gif

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Heh, it would be awesome if they show what your final character looks like once you finish the game.

Oh, so that's why I see everything in greys and reds. Funny. Come to think of it, I don't remember those...are those gills?

kirottu said:

Oh, so that's why I see everything in greys and reds. Funny. Come to think of it, I don't remember those...are those gills?

You know, they even could implement something like oinking (mix of Gorilla and pig), and the more you turn yourself into a monster, it starts growing more loudly and more often.... with no option to turn it off. This might make the player completely nuts, but at least they could sell it as a "realistic feature". :)

Edited by Morgoth

Or just very loud breathing and random depth-perception changes. Buzz to the max.

Bioshock, one trip of a game

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

From what I heard "upgrading" is done sort of like DX:IW with cannister-like stuff you can choose the destination for.

In order to get such cannisters though you have to kill cute kids; which pisses off the guards who then wish to kill you.

Anyways; that is what I have heard. Don't follow development too much; will wait for the demo (like with SS2 and DX) and if I like them (like DX and SS2) I will check out the game... so I could be wrong.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

From what I heard "upgrading" is done sort of like DX:IW with cannister-like stuff you can choose the destination for.

In order to get such cannisters though you have to kill cute kids; which pisses off the guards who then wish to kill you.

Anyways; that is what I have heard. Don't follow development too much; will wait for the demo (like with SS2 and DX) and if I like them (like DX and SS2) I will check out the game... so I could be wrong.

Yes, as mentioned, plasmids. In order to get them you have to steal them from the little girls, or kill them.