NHL

Darque

*rubs eyes* hey, they're dusting off the Oilers to play some hockey tonight! I don't know what's worse : still being in first place after four days off or barely clinging to that lead by a point.

And Anaheim is 24-4-6. That's scary.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Looking at the way the season has been going so far, Ottawa may just make it to the second round of the playoffs. If they can just squeeze into 8th place, then they will likely face the Sabres and considering how well they have done against them so far... :D

Good news Taks! You just overtook Philadelphia in the points catagory with a win over Pittsburgh tonight! Hurray! :D

And who says you can't win when you give up 46 shots?

SHOTS ON GOAL
          1st   2nd  3rd  T
Montreal  13    6    10 	 29 
Buffalo   10    17   17   44

Sure, it's two short, but they won 5-2! :joy: And Higgins is back with 2 goals!

Edited by Deraldin

certainly not regularly...

yeah, watched the game, btw. the blues actually looked good, too. bacashihua made 17 saves and gave up one goal (thats a .944 save rate for the mathematically challenged), legacy actually stopped 9 while yielding none (1.000 save rate) before he left due to illness, and they shut down crosby, the league leading scorer... wow. i watched all of the 2nd and 3rd periods, btw.

mark

comrade taks... just because.

certainly not regularly...

yeah, watched the game, btw.  the blues actually looked good, too.  bacashihua made 17 saves and gave up one goal (thats a .944 save rate for the mathematically challenged), legacy actually stopped 9 while yielding none (1.000 save rate) before he left due to illness, and they shut down crosby, the league leading scorer... wow.  i watched all of the 2nd and 3rd periods, btw.

mark

Actually I think Olaf Kolzig has a perfect record so far this year in games where he's faced over 40 shots. Kolzig crazy. :crazy:

As a bonus, the only goal against your Blues came on a powerplay. Malkin from Crosby. ;)

And Kor/Alan: How many powerplay goals you want to give up tonight? Want to make it a few more? Montreal is catching up on the stats. :-"

*BOOM*

That's the sound of the Leafs being blown out by.. Florida?! Geez.

Oh, I still remember last season when Sundin scored 4 and added 2 assists in a 6-5 win against Florida.. Sigh. Those were the days. Except we missed the play-offs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So Pittsburgh is royally ****ed then, aren't they?  Like the Germans?

Sounds like they Pens are going to need a new money man soon.

Pittsburgh isn't totally screwed yet. They have the "Plan B" option in which the slots winner has offered to pay $7.5 million per year for 30 years, but the city and the Penguins themselves would have to contribute also.

There is also another option. If Frank D'Angelo (Owner of Steelback beer in Toronto) manages to purchase the team, he and his billionaire partner have offered to build a brand new arena themselves.

Not completely dead yet. :aiee:

I was gonna watch Edmonton-Colorado on delay, but Canal+ thought it seemed intelligent to show the highlights right before the game, so I kinda knew the score and didn't bother watching. Canal+ really excel at screwing up their delayed games in all sorts of ways, so I finally sent them an angry email. I'll be watching the Dallas game live, though, so I shouldn't run any risk of learning the result beforehand (though you never know with those tossers).

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God