NHL

Darque

Plus Ruutu is somewhat effective when he isn't sitting in the penalty box.

Isn't Havlat supposed to be just about ready to return? I know optomistic reports have Handzus back as early as March :rolleyes: , but wasn't Havlat only supposed to be gone a month? No wait, he had the trick high ankle sprain, didn't he? Hopefully it isn't as rough on forwards as it is on goalies.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

They beat those uber non-hetero Ducks the other night. Ruutu has too much bloodlust, but apparently he's half- Vanir on his mom's side, so you expect that. I'm starting to think the Havlat is a little soft, hard to tell. Bourque took a skate to the neck, and no Ruutu wasn't really involved, really.

I doubt Handzus is going to make it back, but atleast Calder has sucked so theres that

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

We lost. Nothing more to add :)

It was a good night. The Sens beat up on Buffalo again. The Habs won against Atlanta. Edmonton scored a shootout victory over Detroit (the exact outcome I was hoping for*) and of course the Leafs lost again. :lol:

*Didn't want the Oil to blow out the poor Detroit goalie on his first ever NHL start...

At least the captain has reported that he's aiming for a comeback on Saturday:

SPORT-20s02-sudden-252_438.jpg

We desperately need someone to score goals in 5 on 5 too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Phew! We beat the Islanders last night! We needed that win after two losses in a row. Apparently we didn't play well, but a win is a win. And things can only get better as injuries heal.

I'm hoping for a play-off spot this year!

And the NHL gets off it's lazy ass and finally decides to fine John Michael Liles for his dirty hit on Ryan Smyth.

Sorry, but to lay a $2500 fine on a millionaire doesn't seem like much of a punishment. If they made him sit for a game I'd be happier.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

But.. I thought he said that to be kind to me.. :'(

Leafs are entering one of their tough parts of the schedule now. Let's hope the captain makes a quick return. Saturday would be great!

Anyone think Forsberg will retire mid-season? It wouldn't surprise me the least.

That game wasn't just fugly. It was 'hit ever branch as you fall down the fugly tree' fugly. From Tjarnqvist and Roli messing up ( wasn't Tjarny our best d-man at one point?), to getting bitchslapped for pretty much most of the second it wasn't pretty, no sir.

On the plus side, however, it looks like Sykora will play his best hockey ever here in an attempt to get the loot as an UFA next season. I was going to type something about Staios getting a crazy contract, but then I remember how much money was thrown at most of the defencemen in the league over the off season.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

At least you don't let 7 pucks slip past you! Granted, two of those were empty netters, but still!

And Toronto are playing like crap again. Win one, lose two. One step forward, two steps back. Let's hope Sundin's return can spark the team. We need to win more than this.

I'm conflicted. I feel bad for poor mkreku because I know what it's like to support a team that struggles.

But at the same time, I loathe the Leafs.

:thumbsup:

At least tell me it's because of Sundin!

Edited by alanschu

Would someone please shoot whoever is in charge of the NHL schedule? There's one freaking game on tonight. While we had every team but two playing yesterday. <_<

edit: at least I can take some small comfort in the fact that Edmonton is tops in the league for the PK as of today.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif