NHL

Darque

Mmm.. Another Ottawa game. No wonder this whole NHL thing is starting to bore me. They really need to stir up the schedule. We Leaf fans want to see Ovechkin and Crosby/Malkin as much as the next man!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Heatley with a hat trick.

Spezza and Corvo with 5 points each.

Tonight was a good night. Toronto had some great moments. Could have gone either way early in the second with all those breakaways that Toronto got on Emery. I think the goal posts stopped almost as many shots as Raycroft did though. :geek:

Not only do the Oil wreck my birthday, they also make me wonder if I should be doing something other than dumping twelve bucks to watch some really shoddy defensive work.

So Jussi had a save percentage of 75% in net tonight. The bad thing is that some of the goals weren't really his fault. One took a bounce off the end boards behind the net right onto the Phoenix players stick. Another one bounced off his head while Jason Smith went all deer in the headlights while trying to find the puck while another Coyote swept in for an easy goal.

I'm just glad there's another seventy odd games to get better.I

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

We were blown out again.. But at least we were blown out against Ottawa and not against Phoenix. That makes it feel a tiiiny bit less hurtful.

Let's hope the rebound comes against Montreal on Saturday. We desperately need a win.

The commentators on last nights PPV game were quick to point out that last season the Oil went on a seven game losing skid. Man I hope that doesn't happen this year.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well as a Blackhawk fan, I'm already starting to envy the dead.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't know, but PHEW!, we won the shootout at least :))

We definitely need better goal scorers. Not even Sundin is producing.

I don't know, but PHEW!, we won the shootout at least :))

We definitely need better goal scorers. Not even Sundin is producing.

From what I saw of the game you deserved the win, but still... I can't help but feel a little saddened that the Leafs won another game. :( That and pity for the Flyers who got thrashed by the Penguins 8-2. :-"

EDIT: Streit should have had that goal. Totally beat Aubin 5 hole, but his shot went just wide of the net. That one should have ended the shootout. :ermm:

EDIT 2: Also, the Sabres didn't pass the Leafs win streak to start a season record. Atlanta beat them in the shootout tonight. :)

Edited by Deraldin

Hey Deraldin, that Malkin and Crosby combo are as good as if not better than any duo paired up in recent history. I think the Pens will be picking up quite a few more wins than anyone expects them to this season.

And no seven game losing streak for us!! Way to beat up on a tired Washington team, boys!! We're still perfect at home! Our line changes produced results tonight. Maybe some of the team was getting complacent with each other this early in the season.

While I was watching some of the Atlanta/Buffalo game tonight I learned a couple of things. First, Buffalo has twenty one points in eleven games this season. That's freaking incredible. Second, Atlanta is two points behind them after their win tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hey Deraldin, that Malkin and Crosby combo are as good as if not better than any duo paired up in recent history.  I think the Pens will be picking up quite a few more wins than anyone expects them to this season.

And no seven game losing streak for us!!  Way to beat up on a tired Washington team, boys!!  We're still perfect at home!  Our line changes produced results tonight.  Maybe some of the team was getting complacent with each other this early in the season.

While I was watching some of the Atlanta/Buffalo game tonight I learned a couple of things.  First, Buffalo has twenty one points in eleven games this season.  That's freaking incredible.  Second, Atlanta is two points behind them  after their win tonight.

Haven't had a chance to really see Crosby/Malkin much, but from what I have heard it would definately seem to be pointing that way. Unfortunately I just can't seem to get excited about the Penguins even if they have some great young players. :)

On the Edmonton game, it wasn't just line changes. You guys were playing a much tighter game than you did in the last game. Much better defensively. :-"

I can't help but want to see Buffalo crash and burn now, just because they have done so well this early. :ermm:

Good to see Roli bounce back with a shut-out.

I watched Pittsburgh rout the Flyers last night and I can't help but smirk a bit at Derian Hatcher. To me he's always been an untalented, cheating hockey player who finally gets exposed as such in the new NHL. It's obviously got to do with him exercising his clutch-and-grab hockey against the Oilers in all those playoff series that the Stars always won, and now to get to see a kid like Crosby undress him is more fun than a good Owen Wilson comedy. I like this new NHL for that reason alone.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God