NHL

Darque

Touche, Volo.

And it looks like the hammer finally fell on Ken Hitchc-ock in Philadelphia. Bob Clarke stepping down is a bit of a suprise, but I suppose its better than getting fired.

Here is the link to the TSN story.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm sure they can afford it, monetary wise. But I was actually talking about the sportsman side of things: it's difficult to get good people to stay on a losing team.

I suspect Sundin would retire after this season if they don't make the playoffs. Of course, he might retire even if they do make it, but chances are he'll be fed up with his poor wingers and shoddy defense if they miss it again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Um. Yes, they can. They pretty much always sell out anyways.

They were still selling out during the Ballard years in the 80s, when they were a **** team (and ironically complaining about how their organization isn't being run properly). Ballard specificially opted on just making money during those times, operated with heavy mismanagement, and basically didn't have any fear of retribution because he knew fans would still keep coming, CBC HNIC would still come a knocking.

I think its pretty interesting that the CBC is in the final year of its contract with Hockey Night In Canada, and rumour has it the show will be jumping over to CTV next season.

That means that CBC will draw next to no ratings, again, as HNIC is the only show that more than 400 people would tune in to at any given time. :) Sometimes I wonder if my tax dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

How did you care for last nights' game, Alan? I thought we were coasting yet again until Smid saved the day by setting up Sykora for that beautiful breakaway.

And Ethan Moreau will be sorely missed, mark my words.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I was at my best friend's wedding on Saturday, so I didn't catch the game. According to my roommate, he was sort of under the impression that the Oilers were doing the old "play better than the other team, but don't score and then let them score on a rare opportunity to tie it up" system.

Stoll got smashed at one point. Wow, what a hit :shifty:

Datsyuk is uberskilled, but laziness prevents him from doing his best work. I've seen a few matches where he just isn't interested in putting in the effort to make plays work. Ah yes, cherry picking is the term I'm looking for. He'll dominate at the upper level when his heart can catch up with his hands.

I just finished watching the Oilers run amok on Phoenix. Decent game, but you can't say beating the Coyotes is anything to get excited about. Gretzky needs to teach some team defence.

Does Sykora have more points than Peca and Samsonov combined? Probably. Was that a beautiful one timer he scored on tonight? Absolutely. Pisani looks like he might score before game twelve this season.

And Laozi, you have my sympathies. Ruutu, Havlat, now Handzus. Chicago might challenge running champion LA in games missed due to injuries.

I can't wait to check my Sportsnet pool tomorrow. I have Hossa and Kovalchuk, plus Bernier and Marleau, and Olli Jokinen in my pool.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

What's up with Hossa? If he keeps this up, he'll end up scoring like 90 goals this season :thumbsup:)

WHY CAN'T THE LEAFS SCORE 5-ON-5??

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's just about the same as my season. They make it all the way to the Western finals, where they are about to be bounced by the Oilers. And Brian Savage was the leagues leading scorer for the first month.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Wow anyone see that Pittsburgh game (highlights) Malkin's goal was sweet , him and Crosby look to be forming a deadly combo ..

and finally the Flames kick some @ss , but its only a matter of time till they turn it around..

Chicago season has turned around in a hurry as well , Havlat injured again, Michal Handzus done for the year and Nikolai Khabibulin injured as well ouch ...

And it looks like Ethan Moreau is done for the regular season.

That just blows. Moreau is easily one of, if not the grittiest players on the Oilers. Although he doesn't add a lot to the scoresheet, his skill on the PK and the checking line will be sorely missed.

If there's any positives out of this situation, it's that some of our younger players will get some more ice time.

And if the Oil lose tonight, on my birthday, to Prongers' team I'll be hellapissed. :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Moreau will be missed, but he should be back sometime before the playoffs and hopefully we have the depth to make it anyway.

Regarding tonight's game, I hope Pronger falls over and breaks both his wrists after scoring three own goals and demanding a trade. Then Lupul gets the game-winner.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I was kind of hoping Pronger would fall coming out of the gate for the pre game skate, smashing bones in his face. Then the talented Neidermeyer brother would trip over Prongs, thus breaking one or both of his ankles. Edmonton would then go on to demolish the Ducks 19-1.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif