NHL

Darque

I know we have lost SEVEN in a row, but it still brings a weak smile to my face when someone loses to the Blackhawks.

Two seconds later I'm back in fetus position on the floor, sucking my thumb and sobbing uncontrollably.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No doubt, Alan. Chicago may have lost the last three games going into last night, but they did earn points in each one of them. And before that they had a four game winning streak. That's the definition of a 'hot' team right now.

Except for those Ranger and Duck bastards.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Phil Kessel has cancer?! WTF, he's only 20-something years old! Fortunately it's the kind of cancer that's very treatable, but still..

http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_345230707.html

I had heard the Bruins were having problems with Kessel, but not this kind of problem.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?p...07allstarvoting

I'm looking at this list, and I see a lot of Sharks on it. In fact, there's quite a few write-in votes for Sharks. As it stands, there is a possibility that San Jose will have 6 players in the All-Star game. Now I'm a big Sharks fan, but I think this illustrates the problem with the current All-Star format. You vote online, as many times as you want. That's crazy, because of course a team based in SILICON VALLEY is going to dominate the online voting.

Am I wrong about the selection method? Is the fan voting only part of the All-Star game?

Nashville beats the Oilers tonight, but I won't complain. Sure, two points would have been peachy, but it was such an entertaining sixty minutes of physical, end to end hockey that you can't help but feel satisfied watching, regardless of the outcome.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?p...07allstarvoting

I'm looking at this list, and I see a lot of Sharks on it.  In fact, there's quite a few write-in votes for Sharks.  As it stands, there is a possibility that San Jose will have 6 players in the All-Star game.  Now I'm a big Sharks fan, but I think this illustrates the problem with the current All-Star format.  You vote online, as many times as you want.  That's crazy, because of course a team based in SILICON VALLEY is going to dominate the online voting.

Am I wrong about the selection method?  Is the fan voting only part of the All-Star game?

Interesting. I need to vote another 200,000 times for Huet then... :shifty:

And why does Turco have more votes than Kiprusoff? :mellow:

EDIT: And it seems that Montreal and Ottawa both won tonight to earn a :- from me, but Toronto won and Edmonton lost to earn a :-.

Edited by Deraldin

No doubt, Alan.  Chicago may have lost the last three games going into last night, but they did earn points in each one of them.  And before that they had a four game winning streak.  That's the definition of a 'hot' team right now.

I remember someone vaguely saying something to that point earlier. Right now I just hopre they can get their offense going, and perhaps everything else will sort of work itself out.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

oh for eight now... of course, bacashihua faced 45 freaking shots (schwartz faced one... not sure why). you absolutely cannot expect to win if your defense is giving up 46 shots a game. unbelievable.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

oh for eight now... of course, bacashihua faced 45 freaking shots (schwartz faced one... not sure why).  you absolutely cannot expect to win if your defense is giving up 46 shots a game.  unbelievable.

taks

Emery faced 45 shots yesterday and still pulled out the win over Detroit. :)

And TSN says it's oh for nine, although one was in overtime, but still. :p

Edited by Deraldin