You All Nearly Caught A Lucky Break!

Volourn

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/18072006/2/nati...ds-ontario.html

But, I am onstoppable! not even Mother Nature can end me or my torment of you!!!

Just loss power for maybe a day! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Sadly, it seems 2 people were less fortunate... >_<

"Up to 90 per cent of North Bay was initially without electricity as winds reached 80 kilometres an hour before the wind dial at the city's airport snapped."

"Environment Canada said Tuesday it had dispatched four teams of investigators in Ontario - to North Bay, Kirkland Lake, Manitoulin Island and Newmarket - to look into "possible tornadic events."

Not much else to say; but muahahaha!!! I spit in the face of Mother Nature!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Heh. Even a generator 'blowing up' mere yards from my house didn't catch me. The 'storm' if one can call it that lasted mere seconds. I didn't even notice it (my computer/tv room is away from windows) utnil after the power shut off. Heh. And, it was over before I even realized.

Mostly tree damage (other than the generator) in my area. Smaller towns nearby are unlikely and my brother's house is even unluckier even thouh he's just down the street sinc ehe has no power (last i checked or no phone).

I didn't even know others got hit so hard until today - even the deaths were a surprise....

P.S. Thanks. >_<

Edited by Volourn

Though luck Allan, my condolences. >_<

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Glad you're ok too. >_<

Reminds me of the..uh...89? quake where I knew it was a big one but was unaware of just how bad until I got home and saw the news. Mother nature/earth is ever random.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Though luck Allan, my condolences. >_<

Err, perhaps to clarify, it wasn't my parents that got sucked away. "Fortunately" I didn't know the victims. But it was pretty freaky. Trees gettings completely uprooted. Never seen anything like it before.

Scariest time I can remember was Black Friday

Edited by alanschu

Uhmm, right. Forget it. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I once pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car to film a lightning/rain storm. Hubby tolerated this for about 2 minutes then hollered for me to get back in the car. Party pooper.

Edit: It's the Loma Prieta one I was thinking of, Calax. I was living w/hubby then so it was after '86. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember when we had so fierce winds that the only way to advance was to lean forward and push in the wind. :D It was crazy, there was snow everywhere in the air. And guess who lost his keys?

kirottu said:

Thanks Ravenmeister. :cool:

Hades: I didn't get a chance even if I wanted to. the 'storm' in question lasted than 5 seconds. LOL

And, mother nature is WEAK! Only 2 dead? Pathetic. The current Isreal-Hamas/Palestine/Hezbollah/Lebanon conflict is killing more people sadly.

Mother Nature is weak. She had her chance to get rid of me her Arch Enemy, and she FAILED!!

That's right, I'm calling that *BLANK* out! I dare her to rub me out!!!

I mena, seriously. The only thing i suffered because of this was 24 hours without power. Boo hoo! i used to spend 2 months camping on and island with NO POWER, and 24 hours is supposed to make me fear Mother Natuire's power? LOL

Innocent people who happen to love Mother Nature suffered worse than me. I mourn Mother Nature's victims - she is worst than the worst terrorist 'cause they have a purpose even if they are psycho reasons. She just kills just because... and, she cna't even hit her atcual target.

I apologize to my fellow North Bayians. ;)

Edited by Volourn

I once saw a miniature tornado suck up a pile of leaves next to my school. That's about as bad as weather gets in Sweden.

WE'RE BOXY BUT WE'RE SAFE.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Volo, a friend of mine is currently working with the Indian Navy, and is STILL cleaning up after the Tsunami. I rather think you should reconsider your 'bring it on' type behaviour. Wouldn't want you to get struck by swarms of fire ants, now would we?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Volo, a friend of mine is currently working with the Indian Navy, and is STILL cleaning up after the Tsunami. I rather think you should reconsider your 'bring it on' type behaviour. Wouldn't want you to get struck by swarms of fire ants, now would we?"

My insults directed at mother Nature is not meant to belittle those who have truly suffered due to 'Mother Nature's' warth. In fact, it's because of all the death that Mother Nature causes that I hate her so. She's evil. And, I taunt her as I'd taunt a human suicide bomber. I will not be intimidated by scum.

The mass of people who have been negatively effected by Mother Nature is horrifying, and it gets me mad when peopel proclaim how great Nature is when it wrecks this kind of havoc. What happened in my area is comparitively spekaing very minor. Those hit by the Tusanmi as you mentioned should be backed up and helped and I will stand with them against the Hate of Mother Nature.

And, LOL, Hades... then again, before a couple of nights ago; I would have been shcoked about nearly having tornadoes in my town... yet, we came that close to having them.

WOWSERS! ;)

They'r even sending 'experts' to see why, and how this occured and no one foresaw it.

Its simple. Global Warming. As the earth gets warmer weather patterns change. Such as tornadoes are fairly common in the midwest but as temperatures rise your climate will become more like the midwest where I live so you will receive tornadoes like Iowa and Kansas while we... well, bake in our undies.

Reassure me that you don't live in Helsinki ... :huh:

130 km east and then a little southeast from it. :D

kirottu said: