10+ Dimensions, string theory fantasies or truth?

Any wine that is made out of simple water just by willing it to transform is good wine. Imagine the potential profits. :huh:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Someone moving from point A to point B.

And no, you can't draw that.  You can draw a single instance of someone in time doing that, but to draw locomotion...that would be an accomplishment.

Movies and whatnot are also done with still frames that take pictures of various instances in time.  They don't film locomotion, they take a whole bunch of pictures of instances between the movement between both points.  When shown quickly, our brain will decipher it as movement.  But it's still just a whole bunch of still frames.  Instances of time.

Same with 3dsmax.  When you animate something, you quickly display many still images.

On a final note, people are far too dismissive of the word "theory."  It seems as though people think it means that it's nothing more than a guess.  Most of science (as mentioned earlier) is simply a theory.  Gravity, thermodynamics, etc.

Good post!!! THank you.

Time doesn't move, space does i believe because of the cosmological constant right? The theory that the universe is expanding because of the big bang.

And theory takes on a whole different meaning in science, Its a "Scientific Theory" we call it a theory and not a fact because we are not claiming ABSOLUTE knowledge like you get from an abrahamic book. Science is about open minds working together to critiacally think our way in the hope of finding what reality is really about.

Wikipedia Quote:

Science

In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it often does in other contexts. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from and/or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations that is predictive, logical and testable. In principle, scientific theories are always tentative, and subject to corrections or inclusion in a yet wider theory. Commonly, a large number of more specific hypotheses may be logically bound together by just one or two theories. As a general rule for use of the term, theories tend to deal with much broader sets of universals than do hypotheses, which ordinarily deal with much more specific sets of phenomena or specific applications of a theory.

Interesting fact: We tell time by change! You have to think of time like a loaf of bread that can be cut any as many times as you want. Infinity.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Any wine that is made out of simple water just by willing it to transform is good wine. Imagine the potential profits. :)

My thoughts exactly.. If we're to trust the critics, it was the best wine they've had. Though, I bet they were rather drunk at the time, since they had already been drinking alot, so maybe their reviews were a bit off. Kinda like the main-stream gaming critics concerning Ob... erhm. :)>_<"

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Hey JC.. thish ish shome.. *hick* Aweshome wine... divineish almosht.. *hick*

Kinda brings doubt to the account of his witnesses. And it ofcourse was non-alcholic wine, so you would be able to tell the story in sunday school.. yes sir.

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Any wine that is made out of simple water just by willing it to transform is good wine. Imagine the potential profits. :)

My thoughts exactly.. If we're to trust the critics, it was the best wine they've had. Though, I bet they were rather drunk at the time, since they had already been drinking alot, so maybe their reviews were a bit off. Kinda like the main-stream gaming critics concerning Ob... erhm. :):lol:"

I've seen results of tests that show a significant part of the alcoholic high is situational. In other words, test groups who were given non-alcoholic drinks (blind), in an alcohol-fueled setting, felt drunker than other test people who were given alcoholic drinks (again, without being made aware) in a non-alcoholic setting.

:D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

it is a common practice for fraternities to give pledges non-alcoholic beer. it works. they act drunk. in all 10 dimensions, actually.

taks

comrade taks... just because.