5 new Gothic III screenshots

Not if she carries around a plasma Rifle, dozens of grenades, and a rocket launcher inside her advanced power armour. MkII.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not if she carries around a plasma Rifle, dozens of grenades, and a rocket launcher inside her advanced power armour. MkII.

That only happens in your typical american RPG where everything, including chain bikini-armor, machinegun b00bies and whatnot is possible.

But the Piranhas seem to strive more for a world that resembles somewhat German tribes (Goths, duh), therefor playing a women wouldn't fit in.

See what I mean? Playing as a predefined char makes total sense here. Char creation is overrated.

Nameless hero was never "pre-made"(what a stupid term), you shaped him into what he was through your actions. He was a blank slate and has been one for three games now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nameless hero was never "pre-made"(what a stupid term), you shaped him into what he was through your actions. He was a blank slate and has been one for three games now.

But that happens when play the game. As we all know character creation doesn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sorry, but no sale. Besides there was more to Fallout's character creation than just picking gender.  Bottomline, if there is no character creation in the CRPG in which I can create the character I want to play then its a no sale.

It was Planescape Torment's biggest flaw, Alan.  That is why it is #2 instead of #1.

Make up your mind. If Torment is a no sale for you, then you couldn't have played, much less enjoyed it.

And if you did play Torment and loved it, then you should try Gothic.

Heja Sverige!!

At the time I bought it I thought you could create your own character. In any case the other aspects of PS:T made up for it. Besides CRPGs have evolved since then therefore it is perfectly reasonable for a CRPG to allow one to customize his character as he or she wishes before the campaign starts. To expect less is a step backwards in computer role playing game design.

For your information I have played Gothic 2 and downright hated the game.

Edited by Judge Hades

There is more to Gothic 2 that I hated than using a pre-made character.

The controls?

Heja Sverige!!

What else?

Heja Sverige!!

Yes, and if Gothic 3 is anything like Gothic 2, which it looks it will be, I will hate Gothic 3.

You asked if Gothic 3 would have a pregen or not. When you were told not, you said that that was a big deal for you.

Based on the current discussion, it seems you are being critical of Gothic 3 for its lack of character creation, rather than any supposed similarities to Gothic 2.

Things I hated about Gothic 2 were the pregen character, the horrible voice acting, the controls, and well the story (for as long as I could stomach playing the game) just wasn't all that interesting. From what I have seen and read abouth Gothic 3 it seems to be just the same way. Besides PS:T was released years ago. Things change.

You are just going to harp on this, aren't you. Just accept that I will not be buying or playing Gothic 3 because of my experiences with Gothic 2. Did I crush your flower garden when I said I won't be buying it? Do you have something at stake that if I don't buy and play Gothic 3 your lil' world comes crumbling down?

As for things change, yes my tastes in games have change. What was acceptable in game desgn 5 to 6 years ago I don't really care for today. The story of PST was great and and memorable but I haven't touched the game for 2 to 3 years and it is hardly my most played CRPG because of the pregen issue.