I hate gamestop.

I like the ebgames used games. Every used game I've bought from them has worked perfectly. And they always ask if you want the insurance, which is only a dollar and covers everything. In the words of the girl who sold it to me: "You could gouge it with a screwdriver then bite it in half and we'd still replace the disc."

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What's the best way to clean a boogery box with price stickers on it? Goo Gone will work?

I find leaving them on to be the lesser of two evils. Sure, the half dozen overlapping florescent stickers make it look like a tacky NASCAR - but the alternative is having infused booger shavings on the box further causing boogery sticky ick to leech onto your fingers like a parasite.

manthing2.jpg

You're such a negative Nancy.

I was joking. Don't you have a sense of humor?

What's the best way to clean a boogery box with price stickers on it? Goo Gone will work?

It makes the plastic not transperant.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It's not like it's any tranparent now with sticker residue on it :thumbsup:

Well I'm just saying, it takes the stuff off but than the plastic area becomes a graywish color.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Metal polish can be used on CDs and DVDs. Until the next gen (double layer and beyond) disks, all the stratches are just in the coating, and can be removed with abrasive cleaners. (Next gen HD-DVD and Blu-ray double layered disks will have the data so close to the surface that a scratch will damage the recording.)

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Tell me again, why is this new generation of data storage disks supposed to be better if they can be damaged that damned easily? :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Tell me again, why is this new generation of data storage disks supposed to be better if they can be damaged that damned easily? :)

Increased storage capacity.

That and what's worse for you is automatically better for them. You buy the new bling discs are can now store more stuff. Scratches screw the disc up causing you to lose more stuff. Now you have to buy new discs to replace the lost stuff. It's a foolproof marketing strategy.

manthing2.jpg

The new discs (Blu-Ray and HD-DVD) have a new type of plastic that's supposed to be very difficult to scratch. It's called Durabis.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2126827/...t-blu-ray-discs

100 times more scratch resistant!! We'll see how it works in reality..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Increased storage capacity.

That and what's worse for you is automatically better for them.  You buy the new bling discs are can now store more stuff.  Scratches screw the disc up causing you to lose more stuff.  Now you have to buy new discs to replace the lost stuff.  It's a foolproof marketing strategy.

So, basically, we're all being ****ed again? Perfect. :))

Now, where do these next gen guys live? :wub:)

*shotgun c0cking sound effect*

J/k, but still...ugh.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I remember that Philips said that CDs were indestructible! :rolleyes:)

When held up to a magnet...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of actual retail stores anymore. They've gone to complete crap and rarely have what I'm looking for. Yet they complain that the internet is taking away their business.

The internet wouldn't be if they carried what people were looking for.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of actual retail stores anymore. They've gone to complete crap and rarely have what I'm looking for. Yet they complain that the internet is taking away their business.

You pretty much nailed it. If the stores supplied what consumers want, than the customer would not be going some where else or ordering online. 85% percent of the music I buy is from Amazon.com. The music stores around here are a joke and do not have what I am looking for. Software stores are becoming the same way. Soon I will be ordering what I want online since they are older titles and the stores around here are stocked up on console games or only new computer games.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If most people play console games, then wouldn't it make sense for most of the retail space to be occupied by console games?

I would imagine that the decisions to reduce the size of the PC game shelfspace is not because they feel that they should NOT do what they feel the people want.

You pretty much nailed it. If the stores supplied what consumers want, than the customer would not be going some where else or ordering online. 85% percent of the music I buy is from Amazon.com. The music stores around here are a joke and do not have what I am looking for. Software stores are becoming the same way. Soon I will be ordering what I want online since they are older titles and the stores around here are stocked up on console games or only new computer games.

What you don't like 50 Cent and Ashely Simpson?

What you don't like 50 Cent and Ashely Simpson?

How about Paris Hilton :p

When it comes to music, the problem is that there is so much music, and they are limited to how much of it they can supply. They can't have all of it, so they sell what is the most popular, to bring in the most costomers. Same with PC stores. They sell what will bring in the most customers. They can't afford to carry a little of everything. The same goes with all retail stores.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm quite aware of that, but when you start walking into stores and they have nothing that's even slightly interesting it starts to detract a person. PC games are a perfect example. The only thing I see on shelves now are: Guild Wars, Oblivion, World of Warcraft and maybe a shooter or two. Even the console games are being cut to less and less.

I even just went into a GameStop that carried no PC titles what so ever. They only had 10 GameCube titles, All of their XBOX stuff was used, a few new PS2 titles, etc, etc. That really isn't what bothered me. I asked simple questions and they could not answer a damn one. They didn't have gamers working there and it was quite obvious. A bit disappointing.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.