The Elder Scrolls games

ramza

Not really. Considering you're a big BG fan, I think you'll find Morrowind seriously lacking.

Is Oblivion what I am looking for, or will I find it boring from the first quest, or after completing a few quests?

Hard to say... The main storyline is pretty weak, not to mention that fact that you are given zero chance to actually role-play (you are limited to one responce most of the time).

It's fun for awhile to mess around with the character creation (until you realize just how limited you really are thanks to the level-scaling) and explore the world and enjoy all the pretty visuals.

The thing I absolutely hated was how everything you do outside of the main story plays such a little role... It's something like GTA3. You can murder and steal, build up a huge bounty but in the end you are still X guy according to the story. Pretty crappy for an RPG to have such a system.

Actually, my pc is not powerful enough to play the KOTOR games. I have played KOTOR 1 on a friend's pc, though. Anyway, I planned to buy a new computer, so I wondered which high-spec games I could get along with it.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

High spec?  My computer isn't high spec and does just fine with KotOR and Oblivion.  >_<

You wouldn't want to know what kind of pc I am using... :'(

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

If you can't run K2 on your PC, forget about Oblivion.

Didn't I just say that I planned to buy a new pc?

I am using an E Machine POS with a Radeon X700 video card. Nearly bottom of the line. Don't tell me you are using a Pentium 133?!?!?!? >_<

Are you saying that my P4 1.8Ghz 512MbRAM with Radeon 9600128Mb can run Oblivion? :blink:

Quick swedish parleur for the international crowd:

KUKEN = The C0ck.

APAN = The Ape.

HORAN = The Whore.

Now we ALL can understand! >_<)

I could understand it the first time! :blink:

Quiet you.

( although I do have a friend that is actually called "kuken" he is a wiz with C# )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And what do you think of Squall's limit break (renzokuken, I think) in FFVIII? Kinda sounds like "clean the manly bit".

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Are you saying that my P4 1.8Ghz 512MbRAM with Radeon 9600128Mb can run Oblivion?  :blink:

Well, yeah, but you would probably want to use the Olbblivion mod. It downgrades the Shader requirements to 1.1 without a severe hurt in game graphics.

Hades I'm sorry for bugging you today. You just made me happy. :blink:

I am using an E Machine POS with a Radeon X700 video card. Nearly bottom of the line. Don't tell me you are using a Pentium 133?!?!?!? :blink:

Hell no! My computer is not that bad! But I don't consider it to be good since it can't even play KOTOR 1, which is an old game by today's standards.

For your information, it's a Pentium Centrino, 50GB HD, 1,70GHz, 504 MB RAM, and I don't know about the graphics card. Since it's an IBM thinkpad (R50e series), I guess I have an IBM integrated one.

Edited by ramza

My dad bought me, last summer, a new desktop computer but it turned out to be crappy as hell. I don't even know where he got it from, but he didn't pay much for it. It's a pentium 4 with only 5GB of HD!!!! Can you believe that? The graphics card must be crappy too.

I almost managed to play Kotor 1 with it but it seemed that I couldn't meet one (and only one! :'( *damn you*) requirement. I don't even remember what it was. There was almost no space left in the HD, so I uninstalled it. I then installed a few other games, and after completing them, I wanted to give another shot with Kotor. So I uninstalled them, tried to install Kotor and this stupid machine told me that I didn't have enough space for that! I tried to remove all the files and folders from my previous games, but for nothing. It seems that my HD's capacity was reduced to 3.5 GB. I really hate technology!!!!!

Edited by ramza