A dirty little secret

Cantousent

Oh, be quiet, yutz, and agree to my bargain. I don't care if you're only old enough to buy me a coffee, I'll expect a drink.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eldar gets the Motivational Speech of the Month award. :D

Can't speak for what others think of themselves, but I'm aware that if I put my mind to it, I can write fairly well. I'm usually too lazy to put my mind to it however, and fully admit it (the laziness), which is why I stopped. I'm an all or nothing sort - compulsively obsessive or ignore completely, and it's too exhausting (and probably grounds for divorce...hah) to be that way for months while writing in order to finish. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday....I've been saying that for years now tho. heh

But if I ever do publish, even if it's not until I'm 80, I'll certainly buy a round for all the writers here, even if I'm not the first to do so. :geek:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't know if my current writing project would lend itself well to a NWN2 mod.  On the other hand, some of my campaigns might work very well in that regard.  That one I was running would probably be feasible, although I don't know that it would be easy.  My take on NWN/2 mods is that they're difficult no matter what.

Your campaign seems like it could be made without too much difficulty. With NWN2 one can change the hue and colors of the environment... like the ground and sky. I can imagine having that inn in the middle of the desert-like place... Why aren't we still playing that?

Edit: also, good luck on your writing project. It sounds interesting, and I am eager to hear more about it.

Edited by Blank

Don't tell yourself that your writing sucks.

This is serious advice. It doesn't even matter if your writing does suck; because there are millions of functionally illiterate people with cash in their pockets. Pulp can be popular.

The thing is, Lady, it's never too late. You say "even if?" I say, 80 sounds like a fine age to publish a book. BTW: I'll keep you to that drink.

Meanwhile, Chapter Seven is nearly completion and I must make arrangements to see what I can do to get started on trying to sell the damned thing. Originally, I thought I should finish the book before even thinking about it, but I've heard conflicting stories. I'm going to proof and edit what I've finished up until the end of seven and then take a look at my options. It means another trip to Vegas, but I spend almost a quarter of every year there already. Plus, I've got a tremendous amount of support there.

I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, if any of you want to start a serious discussion regarding a NWN2 module, I'm game to consider the issue. I think a lot of folks here would be game as well.

EDIT: Good Lord, Nart, your avatar is both disturbing and arousing.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

EDIT:  Good Lord, Nart, your avatar is both disturbing and arousing.

It's part of the opening sequence of a popular animation show. You could check out the full version right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXrkiXwbVU...bebop%20opening

When your book gets published, do we get discounts? Btw, if you are going to have a book-signing session in LA, I am so there.

Edited by julianw

Heh heh heh. For you, julian, I'd come down and hand you a book in person.

By the way, I followed your link. I love my speakers, but I'm not sure my hearing will recover in the next week. I liked the sound, though.

Obsidian Plays

By coming down and handing you a book in person, he means directly murdering you, instead of doing it in an impersonal fashion such as hiring a hitdawg like he would for the rest of us.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm sorry, Child. Didn't see the reply. I will contact an agent and see where it goes from there. I just don't want to get ahead of myself on that front just yet.

Obsidian Plays