Taris or Peragus?

Which planet,in your opinion,was better?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet,in your opinion,was better?

• Taris
    • Peragus

After hearing the word "Rakghouls" for hte thousandth time, I'd have to go with Peragus.

And Peragus *does* have a side-quest. It deals with who killed everyone in the bacta tanks :shifty:

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Peragus wasnt that long, and when you think of it, after you have played and done it a couple of times it isnt that long if the sidequests you have to do to escape dont drag on. Taris on the other hand has lots of parts to it, its basically the longest planet thing you have to do in the game almost and its not really free range, your forced into doing it.

Taris is broken up into many parts: Uppercity exploration>Lowercity Exploration>Undercity Exploration>Gang stuff>Swoop>Sith Base>Davik's Estate, and there is much more, goes on for ages.

Taris is pretty good though, sort of a combination between cloud city and coruscant.

Edited by Sturm

Taris feels like a fully realised world of its own. Peragus just feels like a series of long walks broken by the odd fight with a droid. At least on Taris you could stop and see the sights, as it where. Peragus you just got to see metal walls with the odd rock tunnel. All in all I prefer Taris, it is much more interesting.

First playthough, both are very interesting. On Taris, there's plenty going on as you try to figure out where Bastila is and how you're going to escape the Sith blockade, even if you could find a ship. On Peragus, there's the murder mystery tied into the Harbinger (And every time I go to the engine level, I picture the Exile saying 'While we're here, maybe we should film a horror doc...' to lighten the tension).

However, the repeat playthroughs are when you start deciding on whether one is better than the other. And in the terms of replaying, Taris tops Peragus. On Taris, you can play things differently with the different subplots, ignoring some this time, doing them all another... On Peragus it's a straight shot with the only differences on each playthrough being dialogue. It's always going to be a dead station, HK-50 is always behind the murders, and the Harbinger is always lifeless.

So, given those terms, Taris is the better planet.

• 4 weeks later...

Peragus got mine because its like a Star Wars horror movie(ha). When you wake up, everyone but 2 are dead, and crazy droids dominate. And then the Harbinger comes in with Sleeps with Vibroblades on it.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus