Atari Pulls Plug On Nwn1?

'lol let's make Atari bankrupt and screw Obs in the process!!! IT'S A BIG SHAME THAT OBS IS IN THE MIDDLE BUT IT'S THEIR FAULT FOR MAKING NWN2'

The end result is irrelevant. Nice attitude.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Obsidian will survive. They alreayd have contracts for at leats one other game anyways (if not). NWN2 will sell a million copies anyways - no post release support or not - and Obsidian can brag about that as they pimp their future products while Atari will be," What went so wrong? LOLOLOLOLLIPOP"

Also, in a way, Obsidian (through Atari) is screwing with DLA because their PAID PM projects were cancelled because of fears that those projects would cause NWN2 to fail. LOL How ludicrous of Atari toa ctually think that nonsense!

So, in that terms, 'payback is BLANK!"

Hahaha!

P.S. Not my view, btw. :devil:"

P.P.S. It be akin to Atari cancelling a NWN2 expansion so NWN3 can be made by another company out of fear that the NWN2 expansion would cuase a loss of sales of NWN3.... :rolleyes:

P.P.P.S. I guess this blows the theory that the hardcore NWN fans are an 'unimportant' minority - the ones who buy PM - as it seems Atari fears them. LOLOLOLLIPOP

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://www.dladventures.com/index.php

Article by DLA... Interesting stuff. :devil:

"Van Buren and Jefferson are way bigger than a DD mod."

True. no doubt about that. But, is anyone saying otherwise?

"People on their little crusade against the evil Atari, whoopee."

Yeah, agreed. Crusades, and boycotts are lame.

Edited by Volourn

I'm sorry; but to think a 4 year old game that has long stopped being sold at full price (though it's nowhere near bargain bin yet) is a threat to its OWN sequel in 2006 is just beyond ludicrous.

I can just imagine the fallout of an official release for NWN has rideable mounts in it, but NWN 2 didn't. It wouldn't necessarily be justified, but people have long since shown that they aren't particularly smart.

As for whether or not Bioware was going to make PM for NWN2, did this come from Bioware, or from the DLA people?

"As for whether or not Bioware was going to make PM for NWN2, did this come from Bioware, or from the DLA people?"

DLA. And, chances are such a thing was likely in the 'plan to do/hope to do' list; not in the 'already signed the contract to do it' list...

And, yes, DLA isn't an 'official' source. However, it should be pointed out that, thus far, what they have stated on this issue has been accurate enough to flat out say we can't trust what they say. Of course, we're only hearing their side and not Atari's... :blink:

"can just imagine the fallout of an official release for NWN has rideable mounts in it, but NWN 2 didn't. It wouldn't necessarily be justified, but people have long since shown that they aren't particularly smart."

An extreme minority that will have no real impact on NWN2's sales which seems to be all that Atari cares about (which they should,lol). And, most of them would likely have not bothered to buy NWN2 either way so meh.

Afterall, both Obsidian and Atari could have (rightly) pointed out that NWN1 didn't have (rideable) horses at release nor did either expansion. We are getting horses in NWN2, and if there is an expansion, I'd be pretty surprised if Obsidian doesn't try to fix the problems they ahd getting them to work in the release...

This is all short sighted desperation on Atari's part, I think. But, meh, it won;t effect me purchasing NWN2 either way. I buy games based on whether I think I'll enjoy them; not to spite companies.

Another thing that bothers me is that now I know that I'll likely never be able to play POTSC or ID as this 99.9% puts a kibosh on any possible in store release of them in the future...

P.S. And, Atari knows about NWN's financial viability which is why they released that PM expansion pack last year..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by Volourn

An extreme minority that will have no real impact on NWN2's sales which seems to be all that Atari cares about (which they should,lol). And, most of them would likely have not bothered to buy NWN2 either way so meh.

Afterall, both Obsidian and Atari could have (rightly) pointed out that NWN1 didn't have (rideable) horses at release nor did either expansion. We are getting horses in NWN2, and if there is an expansion, I'd be pretty surprised if Obsidian doesn't try to fix the problems they ahd getting them to work in the release...

Ever hear of the phrase, what have you done for me lately? :D

I think it would be a poor decision to give the go ahead to allow a feature get patched into the game, that was cut from their new game.

"Ever hear of the phrase, what have you done for me lately?"

Ooo... A sneak attack with my own words... Nice. :blink:

"I think it would be a poor decision to give the go ahead to allow a feature get patched into the game, that was cut from their new game"

Welll.. DLA was supposedly working on their PM for the past 2 years or so, and Atari/Hasbro/WOTC have had to go over it during that time for D&D content... yet they just noticed the included horses content now?

Like I said... they, for some reason, fear that a 4 year old game is a threat to its a sequel. i think that's hilarious since sequels are usually made based on the success of the first. Weird stuff.

Also, it should be noted that DLA's contract was not with Atari but with BIO ...

"To a certain extent, 2006 will represent the final year of NWN1

Edited by Volourn

Welll.. DLA was supposedly working on their PM for the past 2 years or so, and Atari/Hasbro/WOTC have had to go over it during that time for D&D content... yet they just noticed the included horses content now?

No, but they just recently decided that it was a bad idea to continue to do so.

You know, Atari could just ordered the ponies to be axed without having to take down all 3 mods, if that's actually what they 'feared'. There may more to this than meets the eye. Again, we're getting only a part of the story anyway. Look at what the DLA folks are saying. 'Atari is probably going to flop anyway' 'NWN2 will have very little support' 'NWN2 will proabably have a tiny community'. Smells like bias.

Hadescopy.jpg

That would make more sense.

Point taken with respect to the horsies.

I'm not liking this trend of you smacking down my arguments with impunity.

I guess it truly is you that has won the internets. And the most impressive accomplishment you made was having me convinced that I had won the internets.

Excellently played maestro...excellently played.

'lol let's make Atari bankrupt and screw Obs in the process!!! IT'S A BIG SHAME THAT OBS IS IN THE MIDDLE BUT IT'S THEIR FAULT FOR MAKING NWN2'

The end result is irrelevant. Nice attitude.

The Bio DRAMA thread became a COMEDY thread. :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

As much as all these dramatic crises have been shaking up the NWN world for the past few weeks/months, there's barely even a tiny splash if at all if you check anywhere else in the online gaming community.

Hadescopy.jpg

"I like the guy that wishes he had never bought an Atari 2600 back in the day."

Ha. That was hilarious.

Or just as bad, as the guy on the flip side, arguing that Atari knows better because they have 'more experience' than BIO since they've been around longer and Atari was doing BIO a 'favor' by 'pushing them forward' so BIO wouldn't get stagnated on doing NWN1... yet, ignores the existence of JE, ME, and DA.

Some people suck at the internets and both of these two fools surely do. :blink:

"there's barely even a tiny splash if at all if you check anywhere else in the online gaming community."

Which only proves that Atari is panicking over NWN being a 'threat' to NWN2 for no good reason.

NWN2 was/is/going to be a million seller pretty much no matter what happens at this stage.

P.S. Though this issue has been covered by more than few sites. Not bad for a 4 year old game. :ph34r:

Edited by Volourn

I wanted to comment on both those foolish posters; but the thread got locked just as I was about to post in it. Damn ya, BIO!!!! ;)

I'll boycott DA just for that!!!!!

Edited by Volourn