During my life I'd like to...

Cantousent

Well, you'd become "one" for a brief period. ;))

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have actually accomplished a lot of things I'm proud of... but there's still a lot I want to do before I'll be content to pick a banjo on my front porch all day.

Have done:

played guitar and sang in my own band

played solo open mic shows (that was much harder than playing with a band)

been to Hawaii (albeit with parents when I was like 11)

made out with two women at the same time (one of them was even cute)

helped build houses for people who were down on their luck

proposed to the love of my life (neither of the girls from above)

still on the to-do list:

get a job that doesn't suck

go on a Caribbean cruise with my buds

see a game at Fenway Park

tour Europe

get back in shape (not even high-school shape, i'd be content with first few years of college-shape)

write the Great American Novel

convince Soundgarden to get back together

convince Nickleback to stop making music

see The Twilight Singers at least two more times

get hitched, so I can spend more than weekends with my woman (those darn Catholics and their rules ;))

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

1- Be in a decent financial situation to buy and furnish a house.

2- Have children.

3- Go back to school and finish my studies.

4- Write, produce, direct and complete one movie. Doesn't have to be seen by anyone but my closest friends, familly and cast & crew(friends) but some recognition would still be nice :) 

5- Make a video game in my basement with friends as a hobby. 

6- Write an illustrated book of short horror/Sci-fi stories.

7- In between all these, work on my house and play video games until the day I die in my sleep from cancer and/or complications from diabetes.

In that order.

P.S. Travel would also be great.

Cancer is nothing to joke about its painfull at best you suffer for a small time and get better at worst you have to your own mother sucumb to under a course of ten painfull years. The worst thing is to see her not being able to do what she wishes to with her time and instead need to stay bed all the time.

And then staying at her side when you know she wont wake upp and evrything you everything you ever wanted to say to her or hear no matter what you want you will never see her.

The only memorys of her being healthy is from when i were six years old. Do not joke about cancer it is searius nothing to joke about.

I don't really think he was joking about cancer in particular or meant any offense by it, but he's not here right now to attest to that.

It's often best to find humor in things, regardless, even those that take place under most painful of circumstances.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well... there's this very small possibility that you may survive, it wouldn't be the first time. No need to take risks. :D

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I used to have a lot of pipedream goals and ambitions. Then I realized I had neither the personality or the drive to accomplish them, and now I'm just happy to be....well, happy, whatever it is I'm doing.

It's the little things that make me content, and most of those I already have or have done.

I wouldn't mind building a massive non-profit housepet shelter for pets & wild animals that does not ever put the animals 'to sleep' (there'd have to be a limit to new admissions of course, but I'd want that to number to be HUGE, not just a few hundred). But I don't think that's going to happen. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I was going to try to salvage this thread, but on closer inspection I think it's run its course ... perhaps it will be reborn, perhaps not, but thanks for contributing regardless.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: