Revan vs Palaptine!

ROTS Sidious pwned the Jedi Order, the Republic and the Separatists.

He beats Revan.

ROTJ Sidious couldn't pwn a handful of Rebels and one Jedi with three years of Experience.

He loses to Revan.

DE Palpatine

Revan gets pwned.Badly.

Edited by jodo kast 5

He beats Revan.

ROTJ Sidious couldn't pwn a handful of Rebels and one Jedi with three years of Experience.

He loses to Revan.

They are same person you know... o:)" And it was Vader who killed Palpy, not Luke. Pwned Jedis, Republic and Separatists? Better word would be MANIPULATE

Oh, and Palpatine would won.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Actually luke beat him in the saber duel and Yoda was easily just as skilled with the saber as Palps. Palps needed to keep his distance from Yoda. True he made huge lightning storms which were impresive but I remeber him having some sort of crystal in the books that GREATLY increased his power. Bottom line is Revan would win for learning the forces deepest secrets and rising to power with an entire army very quickly.

nope... in DE Luke got demolished by Palpy. and the Crystal your thinking of is actually the holocron. but the holocron doesn't increase your power. It just teaches you good things.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Actually luke beat him in the saber duel and Yoda was easily just as skilled with the saber as Palps. Palps needed to keep his distance from Yoda. True he made huge lightning storms which were impresive but I remeber him having some sort of crystal in the books that GREATLY increased his power. Bottom line is Revan would win for learning the forces deepest secrets and rising to power with an entire army very quickly.

nope... in DE Luke got demolished by Palpy. and the Crystal your thinking of is actually the holocron. but the holocron doesn't increase your power. It just teaches you good things.

Luke didn't get 'demolished' by Palpatine in DE.Read the comic.The only time he lost to Palpatine was in the Cloning Chamber,and that was because he wasn't prepared to fight Palpatine at that time,he didn't know enough of Palpatine's secrets and how to use them against him.But in the second fight,Luke already knew plenty of Palpatine's darkest secrets,then he cut off Palpatines left hand,.Luke pwned Palpatine,not the other way around :ermm: .And in the Darkside Source Book aswell as the NEC,it lists Luke being very powerful with a saber aswell as the Force at this point in time.

And yes,the it was a holocron(specifically Bodo Baas' Holocron,a decendent of Vodo Siosk Baas,Exar Kun's teacher),not a crystal.

He beats Revan.

He loses to Revan.

They are same person you know... :ermm:" And it was Vader who killed Palpy, not Luke. Pwned Jedis, Republic and Separatists? Better word would be MANIPULATE

Oh, and Palpatine would won.

1.I know that,but after 20 years,you'd think he'd be able to handle a band of Rebels and a Jedi with 3 years experience

just like he did the Jedi,Republic and CIS.

2.I didn't say it WASN'T Vader who killed him,did I?

3.If it ROTS Palpatine,or DE Palpatine,yes.ROTJ Palpatine,no.

Well you say he was DEFEATED by Luke... Unless you mean Vader as jedi with only 3 years of experience. :ermm:

He is just as powerful in Rotj as he was in Rots.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

No,I said DE PALPATINE was defeated by Luke,where did I say ROTJ Palpatine was defeated by Luke,oh yeah,I didn't.

2.O rly?The how come he and his Empire were beaten by a rag-tag group of Rebels,and even he didn't forsee Vader turning on him?Uh no,if Palpatine was as good as you claim he was,then he wouldve survived against them both.Unsupported assumptions are not proof.

Edited by jodo kast 5

you forget the second time that palpatine went up against Luke in DE he had Leia helping him. Also like I said before... palpatine was distracted in ROTJ.

Calax,does it say specifically Leia was helping him?No it doesn't,it doesn't have any merit,it's an unsupported assumption.The only thing she DID help him out with in DE was diverting the Force Storm from decimating the Rebel Fleet.That was it.It didn't say ANYWHERE in the panel of him and Palpatine fighting that she was helping him.Therefore,like said,it has no merit whatsoever.

that's like saying that palpitine was doing NOTHING during endor... also remember that Palpitine is able to MAKE people force sensitive.

Empire was defeated because the good guys wins. Just because he succeeded in manipulating whole damn Galaxy during prequels won't make him immortal.

Ewoks messed up whole thing, so did Luke's won over Vader, though that was lesser point that distracted him.

SO if Luke & Leia won Palpy in DE? Luke would won Revan too... :)

Edited by Xard

Guest The Architect
Video game or NO video game there is a STORY in the game that DID happen and COUNTS you dumbass.

Well no ****! When did I actually say that the story in the game didn't happen and didn't count huh?

Ancient Sith Lords who could make lightning storms would BEAT palaptine. EVERYTHING about Star Wars is unrealistic so don't hand me that ****.

What the hell are you on about? Your saying Ancient Sith Lords could beat Palpatine just because they can do "lightning storms", ah, excuse me but Palpatine clearly uses force-lightning in Ep III and VI so he can use that power too.

Also, although yes, Star Wars is 'unrealistic', the movies are more realistic than the games, I don't think you can argue against that, in the movies, Ki-Adi Mundi couldn't possibly take on all those clone-troopers by himself and so he died, but in a VIDEO GAME, it would actually be possible to take on all those clone-troopers by yourself, can't you see what I'm getting at?

Now, to prove Jediphile's point that it's the authors, NOT stats that decide the powerlevels of someone, lets but a hypothetical scenario in place here, lets just say we are both professional writers and we are both allowed to write officially approved SW EU material, now what if you were writing some new Star Wars novel in which somehow, Palpatine and Revan (in a ghost form) fight, now since your the author, you get to decide the outcome of the battle, hence, you'd make it that Revan would win and that would 'officially' prove that Revan is more powerful because your SW novel is officially approved EU material, but yet again, if I was writing a SW EU novel in which somehow Palpatine and a ghost form of Revan fought, I might decide to make it that Palpatine wins.

Look, don't get the impression that I'm saying Palpatine would kick Revan's ass, because to be honest, I have no idea who is more powerful and who would win and I personally think you cannot answer this question since they exist in different timelines and things are not the same in Palpatine's time than they were in Revan's time.

All I'm trying to say is that, although, yes, the KOTOR story did happen and Revan did all those things that are mentioned in the KOTOR games but his/her powers are to do with the gameplay/stats and not the storyline, the author decides the outcome of battles, not how powerful gameplay/stats wise they are, for example, the writers of KOTOR could of made it that Malak beats Revan in the final battle, they have the power to decide the outcome of the battles, it is not the gameplay/stats that effect who would win a battle out of two 'force-users'.

So look, I'm not going to continue to argue with you over some pointless, irrelevant, time-consuming, geeky topic, we are all entitled to our own opinions and while I disagree with yours, you've got your own opinion and that's that, I should never have gotten involved in this discussion/debate in the first place, all I should of said was that IMO it is impossible to compare a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER and a MOVIE CHARACTER who exist in completely different timelines, hence, I think the question out of who is more powerful out of Revan and Palpatine and who would win if they fought cannot be answered, although my personal bias leans towards Palpatine only because I like him more than Revan and beleive that the characters from the OT **** all over the characters from the KOTOR era since you can't top the originals, the one's that started it all.

• 5 weeks later...
Revan would win,  the ancient Sith Lords would, with each new generation the lightsaber techniques get weaker and weaker and four thousand years later Palpatine would probably only survive for two seconds duh!

I am so hard trying not to flame you... :-

Did you read the topic at all? <_<

Revan would win,  the ancient Sith Lords would, with each new generation the lightsaber techniques get weaker and weaker and four thousand years later Palpatine would probably only survive for two seconds duh!

I am so hard trying not to flame you... :blink:

think about which forum your on o geek.

I am so hard trying not to flame you... >_<

think about which forum your on o geek.

:)

Umm, thanks, I guess. :ermm: Though I don't think that I am geek (or should I say more geek than other weirdos of this forum :p ), and I suppose that reading only three pages of topic should not be too hard for new member too. It would be different if this would be long as Kotor 3 ideas and suggestion topic is, but this is just three pages.

Edited by Xard

Find it hard to imagine Palpatine as LS. At least not after his Force lightning attack was deflected by Mace's lightsaber in Episode III: ROTS during battle in his office chambers, which made him look old and dry.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

The matter of fact is that Revan had a certain amount of dedication as well as determination in his work that Sidious did not. Sidious would sit in his throne room most of the time, having Vader and the stormtroopers do most of the work.

Revan would himself go to do his missions alongside his armada.

The EU says that Palpatine used to bolster the wills of others (and if you play the games, he literally saps the life out of infantry he faces in combat). This would be a major reason (along with Vader) for the Empire's success in conquering worlds.

As far as we know, Revan NEVER used either Battle Meditation or Bolstered the wills of his adverseries during the time after the Mandalorian Wars (Before his mind was wiped by the Jedi). He was a true leader.

Don't forget Grand Admiral Nial Declann's Battle Meditiation abilities as well, Palpatine no doubt used that to his advantage as well.

Anyway, army vs. army would be interesting to witness, though once Revan and Palpatine meet face to face, Revan would wipe the floor with him

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

This disgust me. It's not like Palpatine charged in and single handidy killed the jedi. He relied of OTHERS power to DO SO. He killed very few jedi. It was his plot to control the clone army and Anakin that gave him his power. He is no match for an ancient Sith Lord that would teach him a thing or two about the force.

I never said that Palpatine charged in and single handidly killed the Jedi did I? I said he would have been an idiot to do so. Also, your claim that Palpatine is no match for an Ancient Sith Lord is nothing but a myth not supported by facts, you CANNOT compare two force-users from completely different timelines, end of story. I'm not saying Palpatine would beat Revan but I'm also not saying that Revan would beat Palpatine, I don't know who'd win and to be honest I don't really care, who gives a ****?

Revan would convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him if he was in Palpatines situation. I doubt theres few Sith or force sensitives for that matter that could single handidly charge in the Jedi temple and kill everyone. Never the less one on one Revan would win against Palpatine. He managed to race through the star forge and kill hundreds of sith and dark Jedi and he beat Malak who was continually absorbing energy from otehr Jedi basically giving him extra lives in a fight. Revan could take out the Jedi order though. He would have many more slaves then Palpatine. THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE. Revan can comeu p with an army of his own in nearly any situation. Look at all the jedi who followed him. Look how he created his army.

How would Revan be able to convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him/her during the movie era? Explain. Revan used the Mandalorian Wars, Malachor V and the Star Forge to convert many Jedi to his/her cause but in the movie era, Revan wouldn't have any of that, what could Revan do or use to convert Jedi during the movies era?

By the way, in a VIDEO GAME, sure, Revan could of killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi and do all that stuff you mentioned but STORYWISE it's impossible to take on hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi, for goodness sake, it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! IT'S AN RPG! The Star Forge level would be pretty boring if you only fight accouple of Sith and Dark Jedi on the Star Forge and that's it.

But go on, come back at me and say "Revan killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi in the STORY", have you ever played Battlefront II? You can go Palpatine and kill lots of Jedi, but it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! Storywise, Palpatine did not do that, like you've said, he only killed a few Jedi. Storywise, Revan could only have killed all those Sith and Dark Jedi only because THE AUTHOR DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS not stats and power-levels. There is a difference between GAMEPLAY AND STORYLINE, put it this way, in the VIDEO GAME, Revan could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself but if you made KOTOR into a movie Revan would only fight and kill a handful of Dark Jedi and Sith and you have to be a bit more realistic when you make a movie, don't be a naieve idiot and assume some force-user could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself, it's un-realistic and not possible (excluding Darth Nihilus) yeah sure in a VIDEO GAME you could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith, there are no boundaries as to what you can do in a VIDEO GAME.

Tell me why Palpatine wouldn't be able to go on the Star Forge, take on and kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith. If you put Palpatine into the KOTOR VIDEO GAME and the outcome that is decided by the AUTHOR is that Palpatine kills Malak, then IN THE VIDEO GAME, Palpatine would be able to kill thousands of Dark Jedi and Sith. Don't you understand what I'm getting at?

Yes because he is not all powerful. Revan would teach him the menaing of power though.

Why, because Revan did all this ultra-cool UNREALISTIC video game bantha fodder BS and has all these super powers designed ONLY FOR THE VIDEO GAME and Palpatine didn't? And why didn't Palpatine do what Revan did when he was in video games? Are you serious? If so, that is one stupid question, as Jediphile said, it's the AUTHOR that decides the power-levels and fates of characters in the SW Universe, NOT some bloody stats.

Revan would own palpatine.

You keep telling yourself that, you cannot compare a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER to a MOVIE CHARACTER you idiot. Besides, they are from completely different timelines :(

yo so what if they are from different times?

kriea had no diffuculty comparing you to marka ragnos and exar kun

in fact she sed u were weak and a child compared to them

Graah! Care nothing about Kreia's "teh ancient dudes were

I hate this vs topics, I have favorites but its impossible to compare one era to another and just because times passed doesnt make the newer jedi or sith any weaker. Eu Luke for example, and kreia being old herself is probably just tryin to make her self seem stronger lol jk. Plus story wise both Revan and Sidious did what was most beneficial and easier for them. If you go by storyline and not the video game, Revan converted or killed most of the jedi on malachor, just like Sidious killed nearly every jedi in the purge. Seriously two diff situations with both trying to do something diff.

No one knows all of them.