NWN 2 DM Client will not ship with the game

Well, too bad that question never got into the 10 Q's for Feargie, because he's replying to them right now.

But yeah, Eldar is probably right in terms of the paradoxical importance people are attributing to these issues.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Damn, This is a reply to Jumjalum (that other post sneaked between):

So just cause YOU play SP the people who want to play MP should go **** off?

Get real; there is more to the world than you. There are people who play online. Let them have their thing, if you don't use it bad luck.

Let's take for example UT2K4 and then scrap MP (main feature) from release. Would the people be happy to buy it even if it is perfectly playable on all fronts in SP? Don't think so...

NWN2 starts to sound worse and worse...

Horrible analogy. UT2K4 single player is designed with bots to simulate an offline multiplayer experience. The point of the game is MP gaming, as that's why most people buy it.

You'd be better off reversing it, and saying that UT2K4 should remove the SP part of the game and keep the MP part.

In any case, I am curious how many people actually use the DM client. I know lots of people play multiplayer (though I suspect that they are dwarfed by the number of people that play single player anyways), but do they actually play in DM games? Or are they just a vocal minority?

hahahaha  It's always good to see exactly where we rate, doesn't it.  The DMC might not ship?  Feargus is quick to answer and apologizes for the way the information reached us.  Folks say Feargus claimed the packaged campaign would only last 20 hours?  Stony silence.  No, no.  I'm not really griping. I think it's kind of funny.

you should be, griping that is.

how little is some of you willing to accept?

that being said, *&%$ all the non-sp oc stuff. don't get us wrong, we will eventually be more interested in those mp and toolset aspects we is suggesting they abandon for now, but Gromnir is well aware that the success of the nwn franchise depends on the sp oc. if you can't satisfy the sp fans with the oc out of the box there will be no expansions or sequel... and given how little seems to be on the menu for the nwn2 release you is all gonna need those expansions and sequels to makes a complete game.

and yeah, we noticed that fergie chose not to makes the 20 hour Q one of the 10 he chose to answer. so, anymore of you folks coming over to Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's a little unfair... :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

maybe we don't care about the dm client. now why would i be upset if they decided to cut something i'm not interested in?

That is you and not me and let me tell you something Lare, there are more people like me who want the DM client at release than there are people like you who finds buying an incomplete game satisfactory.

Delay the game til Christmas so the whole thing can be released at once.

I do apologize for this being the way the information got to all of you about the DM Client, it's not what we intended.

Heh, someone's gonna get an ear load...

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Take it up to the mod team. They're the losers who ranked the family question higher.

the mod team? you think that if mod team presented eldar's Q fergie woulda' answered? don't be naive.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Do you really know if he wouldn't have?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Not that it matters now.

Like I said, what is done is done and no amount of b**hing is going to change that so I am voting against Obsidian with my money. I urge others who are disgusted by this turn of events to do the same.

do you know that he wasn't asked?

just 'cause the question not show up on the list not mean that it weren't a mod team choice.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah... as simple as;

"It is not yet finished... we now go party upon your money. You get your DM Client at an unannounced time. Let's say soon. Oh, you heard what soon means with Obsidianites? Right... we gonna have a nice vacation. Chiao!"

Fans:

"Oh yes. We would love to wait. If the producers forced this upon you guys who would have cried havoc, but since you guys decide it it must rock. It was not important anyway... come on, 30% is so unimportant compared to me and the rest of the 70%. We are the "larger group" so you should listen to us; even if we despite if you make something for the majority of gamers instead of specilising on something original that does not sell well"

And you got pissed at me for putting words in your mouth...

Imagine buying a car with no seats and the dealer saying:

"Oh it's okay, it still drives... we may put them in later"

Same principle tbh... except in this case it's the steering wheel missing.

No, it's not.

That would be the case if you found out the DM Client was missing after you bought it.

In this case, you have been told up front that the steering wheel isn't there. Don't buy it until a steering wheel is there.

Alanshu: "In any case, I am curious how many people actually use the DM client. I know lots of people play multiplayer (though I suspect that they are dwarfed by the number of people that play single player anyways), but do they actually play in DM games? Or are they just a vocal minority?'

I would say people who actually use the DM Client is small. However, those who partake in PWs, mP DM sessions, or even mods like have benefitted from it.

Though, I'm the last one to talk since I'm still working in (lol); I use the DM Client A LOT to test my module's scripts, dialogues, and combat balance. Very useful.

And, yes, the number is 'dwarfed' by SP; but that doesn't make them negligent in determining the cash Obsidian/Atari would lose. Though, many like myself, while wanting the DM Client also wnat the SP so we're even more unimportant to Obsidian and Atari's decision process in that regard.

Grom: He doesn't answer the questions about the camapign length as the Lead Designer Mr. Sawyer ALREADY answered them. You just haven't accepted his answer yet. That's your problem.

Eldar: Should Mr. U reply to every rumour started? Afterall, in the last few weeks I've sen previews listing the OC as 20 hours, 20-30 hours, 30-40 hours, and even 40-60 hours.

The best he could do is an estimate.

I'd say wait til the Final previews (ie. when review sites get their GOLD copies) before taking any length guestimates seriously.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Grom: He doesn't answer the questions about the camapign length as the Lead Designer Mr. Sawyer ALREADY answered them. You just haven't accepted his answer yet. That's your problem."

too bad that weren't the question... otherwise you might have had a point.

HA! Good Fun!

just 'cause the question not show up on the list not mean that it weren't a mod team choice.

HA! Good Fun!

Nope. I don't know. And my point is that neither do you.

- Everlast

He already explained why simply waiting wouldn't work.

Well, ofcourse my game experience changes.

Think I wanted to go through the OC with a friend using DM client... I can't!

Maybe the lure is so strong I play OC SP before the DL is available and then when I can play it with my friend all the exciting new things like exploring together are gone...

Hahaha, that post is awesome. It's all because of the lure of the game!

maybe we don't care about the dm client. now why would i be upset if they decided to cut something i'm not interested in?

That is you and not me and let me tell you something Lare, there are more people like me who want the DM client at release than there are people like you who finds buying an incomplete game satisfactory.

Delay the game til Christmas so the whole thing can be released at once.

Are there? Prove it.

HA! Good Fun!

Nope. I don't know. And my point is that neither do you.

again, don't you think you is being naive? he has refused to answer, direct or indirect, for quite some time now.... in spite of the fact that numerous very long threads on this and the bio boards has been asking the questions over and over and over. yet you think that fergie would answer if the mods honestly put the question to him?

please. and no doubt you believes barry bonds 'cause he never actually failed a mlb drug test.

bah.

HA! Good Fun!

I've made one too many assumptions over recent years, most of them negative, that have snowballed into some pretty lousy situations. I'm a bit naive, admittedly, but I find it much safer, and not to mention more curteous, to wait for answers to come, rather than believing I already know them.

Basically, I give the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't make me a fool. :)

- Everlast

"again, don't you think you is being naive? he has refused to answer, direct or indirect, for quite some time now.... in spite of the fact that numerous very long threads on this and the bio boards has been asking the questions over and over and over. yet you think that fergie would answer if the mods honestly put the question to him?"

It's very much a dea dissue on the BIo baords (unles syou just started a new one),a nd the 'ol thread about it is her eis now dead too.

Seriously, outside of you and Eldar and maybe a handful of others the silly article that gots you all riled up is dead.

Afterall, the most recent article has it in the 30+ hours range. Think of that, SUCKA!

And, more important, Mr. Sawyer for all its worth answered your question. Obsidian does not know how long the campaign will last yet. I'm sure they'll announce it when thy can. heck, I'm sure an estimate will be on the back of the box.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.