2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Heh, Ivory Coast deserved to win that match, I thought they did a better job. Too bad that they were robbed of a penalty. <_<

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Well things are shaping up nicely

you said there are goals in football.. Argentina 6 Serbia 0 and all of Argenetina goals were pretty .. Lets see what happens when the U.S meet Italy .. well I'm sure the U.S. have there bags packed as they have no chance in winning

van Persie was beautiful that game. I'd say that for Robben too, but uh, he seems to have a "Look, a teammate is open and he could get a 1v1 with the keeper, there are 3 Ivorians in front of me, I think I will pull my super duper tricks and try to score even though I only have about 2 tricks up my sleeve."

A little disappointment is that I'm not sure if this tournament will see a down-to-the-wire progression fight in the last matches, it woul dhave been lovely to see Neth vs Arg or Eng vs Swe be for a knockout round place.

Netherlands and England have been below par so far I think. Netherlands in the back and England in the front. I feel if they meet a team that's really good like Spain or Argentina they'll be outclassed.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Portugal 2 - Iran 0

Iran are pretty awful. It's just too bad that Portugal didn't manage to score more goals.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

US did a good, albeit a bit rough, job on Italy. But I have a feeling Ghana will win, they're the only african nation left with a chance to qualify... just a feeling. :ermm:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

What was horrible about it? They play it rough, they get kicked out, simple as that.

DENMARK!

An in depth analysis by ESPN on Otto Pfister (Togo's coach) during the Togo vs. S. Korea match:

Togo's manager Otto Pfister, with bling and his shirt unbuttoned, looked like a drug-dealer/pimp who happens to own an art gallery on the side as a decoy. Like a bad guy on Miami Vice. Keep in mind that this is a 69-year old man.

^_^

manthing2.jpg

^^that was funny.

I really sat down and watched my first World Cup match for the frist time in a while.

Its good to know that all the fake falling down and relentless whining isn't reserved for European basketball. I was wondering during the match if a player fake falls down, you know like the Italians seem to be very good at, but lets say the ref actually has a clue, is there a penalty or something they can give to the guy who fakes it? Kind of like in basketball, if someone is pretents to fall down after contact with another player, they'll call a foul on him sometimes.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Its good to know that all the fake falling down and relentless whining isn't reserved for European basketball. I was wondering during the match if a player fake falls down, you know like the Italians seem to be very good at, but lets say the ref actually has a clue, is there a penalty or something they can give to the guy who fakes it? Kind of like in basketball, if someone is pretents to fall down after contact with another player, they'll call a foul on him sometimes.

Yeah, the ref will (or rather should) give you a mighty YELLOW CARD for "simulation." Whoop-dee-doo, eh?

manthing2.jpg

I dunno, I guess I would just rather see people compete in sports rather then trying to get a call and kind of doing the opposite. I guess theres a thin line between being a gamer and being a "flopper"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What was horrible about it? They play it rough, they get kicked out, simple as that.

Did you watch the game? There was a red card given for a very regular foul. The player even made contact with the ball when he slid in. Anyways, go read some commentary and you'll find it's pretty unanimous, the reffing stunk.

Yes I saw the whole thing. The guys who got the red card deserved it, they just bloody need to learn to behave. Besides, the Italians need to learn not get off sight all the time.

Also, I don't need to read commentarys to formulate my own opinion.

DENMARK!

Also, I don't need to read commentarys to formulate my own opinion.

Really? So if everyone disagrees with you, you're just going to stick with your viewpoint? Ok.

Anyways, the elbow was very deserving of a red card. The second red card was complete bullocks. It wouldn't even have been a very decent yellow card. Pope deserved to get thrown for the 2 yellow cards, although neither was super strong.

I really only have a problem with the second red card. It was the guys first offense and he made contact with the ball. It was barely a foul, at at most a yellow.