WoW movie on the way

Oh, I don't dispute your argument, Gromnir. In fact, I believe that, for the most part, it is absolutely true (look at Jordan for a prime example of "selling out" in the fiction market). Mostly, I'm taking a perverse sort of glee in seeing the despondent cries from WoW fanbois on other sites at the "mutilation" of the Warcraft lore, which, according to many comments that I have seen, is deeper and more complex than that of Arda (the most laughable statement I have ever seen).

Question: What's Arda?

For the record, I'm not arguing that Warcraft lore is in anyway "deep". Just that the world is more thought out than in most games. Then again, the frachise is a decade old, so no suprise there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The world which includes Middle-Earth.

For the record, I'm not arguing that Warcraft lore is in anyway "deep". Just that the world is more thought out than in most games. Then again, the frachise is a decade old, so no suprise there.

Well, you may not know this, but the majority of the Warcraft lore is ripped straight out of Games Workshop's Warhammer game, with names changed. WC1 was originally going to be a WH game, but the deal fell through, and Blizz just changed some of the names. They eventually got in trouble for it.

[1]The world which includes Middle-Earth.

[2]Well, you may not know this, but the majority of the Warcraft lore is ripped straight out of Games Workshop's Warhammer game, with names changed. WC1 was originally going to be a WH game, but the deal fell through, and Blizz just changed some of the names. They eventually got in trouble for it.

1. Thanks, last time I read Silmarillion was quite a while ago.

2. Really? Was it supposed to be a Warhammer game? I mean, similarities with Fantasy Battle are more than obvious, but I always thought Blizzard had just copied GW immensely. Even the art direction was a rip. :wub:

That doesn't make Warcraft bad or a clone though. Azeroth is still a well thought-out and intricate world with a rich history. Same goes for Sanctuary, that's where Blizzard used to really shine. The worlds formed half the addiction of the games. But were drifting off-topic here.

Thanks for the info.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm pretty happy with the direction Warcraft lore has taken. They've made many changes to fit a MMO setting, but it's still pretty cool how you can explore areas straight out of the RTS games. It's not classical literature, but I don't expect that when the game started in some geek's basement.

The main reason for Blizzards success is that it had a wonderful and deep (enough) universe that everything was SOMEWHAT explained. While they did steal heavily from the world of Warhammer they didn't take everything. I know dega will probably dissagree but you have to admit that Chris Metzen is easily one of the best storytellers and artists around. From what I can tell Mr Metzen pretty much was the "geek in the basement" that mus was talking about.

He also helped create Starcraft and Diablo.

I'm not sure where he is now but after vivendi bought out blizzard he might have been tossed.

On a side note... they appear to have Entire TV channels devoted to starcraft matches in korea (had a friend get back from his station with the army motor pool there.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think Metzen still works for Blizz, last I heard which was a few months ago.  They still have to go through him before adding even more crappy new raid dungeons into WoW.

then all is not lost!

This makes me worry about Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.....I mean, real concern. :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Damn it, why must the expansion for WoW be Burning Crusade? Do you know how many time I have already mistaken WoW:Burning Crusade for DoW: Dark Crusade? :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

:lol::shifty:

Fol the Holde!

kirottu said:

Damn it, why must the expansion for WoW be Burning Crusade? Do you know how many time I have already mistaken WoW:Burning Crusade for DoW: Dark Crusade? :D

least its not the Flaming crusade (watches 17 elves go bye wearing pink and very VERY tight pants...)