Is Revan like the Exile?

Im just curious about something. in Kotor 2, the exile can ask Kriea about Revan, then Kriea says something that Revan was able to corrupt so many people so quickly, turn officers and jedi against the republic etc. Kriea says she dosnt know how Revan was able to corrupt those people, but is it posible that Revan is just like the Exile, a breach in the force, seeing as how loyal the Kotor 1 chars where with Revan. :p

Cheers

Edited by aerowars617

i believe Kreia later says Revan was able to corrupt on such a large scale using the Force wound created at Malachor V. She mentioned something about it being a technique Revan learned and it was hinted at this may be a root cause of Revan having left to go to the Unknown Regions. IIRC, Bastila refers to that as well in the Sith holocron on Korriban.

As far as your second question about Revan goes....

To me, Revan and Exile are quite similar in abilities.

Yet they are different.

Revan is the Life of the Force.

Exile is the Death of the Force.

Revan understood The Force bonds and use them to his advantage. He pity the Exile because Force Bonds ability would be The Exile's downfall.

I do think Revan generally like Exile.

Revan was powerful in the force and he was a master strategist. He could corrupt the jedi because he used the mystic powers of Malachor V as a conversion tool. This sort of plotting is what Revan is notorious for, and why he is a master strategist. But he was no breach in the force as the Exile was. Note that Revan himself rather conveniently did "not arrive in time" for that final battle. No doubt also planning on his part, since he knew what would happen.

Thnx for the reply Hekate. Im curious as to what my second question is ;). My intention was only to ask if Revan was like the Exile :">

Actually, that was my mistake :"> i thought you were asking about how Revan corrupted them, and then if Revan and Exile were similar. Oops... :p

To answer that question though, no, i do not believe Revan and Exile had the same reasons for having so many people be loyal to them. Alot of Exile's companinons had to have it forced on them (T3 by Carth/Bastila's order, Atton by Kreia, Handmaiden by Atris, Visas by Nihilus, Hanharr by Kreia, HK-47 by virtue of Revan's absence, one could also argue Mira for the bounty but that seems rather a weak reason to me), at least initially. It seems Revan's companions chose to stick with Revan with the exception of Bastila who was mandated to stay by the Jedi Council, and of course the droids through ownership. It seems for those who joined willingly, it was because they shared some experience that bonded them and in essence, they became friends. Revan, it seemed, didn't have any Force breah/wound/etc.. powers. At least, no one mentioned it at any time.

IMO, Bastilla would have joined Revan anyway, since they had a "Bond" between them, regardless of the Jedis orders. Actually, if I remember correctly, it was Juhani who was ordered by the council to go with Revan. She may have been grateful for Revan saving her from DS, but whether she would have gone with him... If she went of her own free will, then It would have been lame, simply because there were other people in a similar position (saved by Revan, Like Yuthara Ban or that Sith Aprentice in the academy u can convert to LS) who would have been able to join you too.

IIRC, Juhani asked to join Revan's group, and the council granted her request.

Yep. Vandar says: "And Juhani has also asked to accompany you. After long deliberation we have granted her request."

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

IMO, Bastilla would have joined Revan anyway, since they had a "Bond" between them, regardless of the Jedis orders.

yep, if you complete the bastilla quest you get her to kill you, and break a few of the jedi code stuff, so i think if revan has that stuff, his power can go beyond

Revan corrupted people through the ways of the force

and the exile IMO doesnt use the force, its just his presence and his manipulation and use of words