I am so disgunted...

Judge Hades

Okay, I am getting sick and tired of my legislature on the state level. I am equally disgusted with my government on the federal level but that goes withthe course. For example they passed a bill a year or so ago on Video gambling that allowed the industry to thrive and mad millions for both the state government and those who on the machines, but now they want to get rid of them all because of a vocal minority saying gambling is bad.

If they used common sense and had allowed such machines in places where 21 year olds and older congregate, like bars, instead of letting them go all over like convienence stores, grocery stores, and laundry mat, things wouldn't have gotten out of hand. If they used a little common sense instead of going one extreme to another hundreds of businesses wouldn't be losing money because they bought/lease now worthless video touchplay gambling machines.

Also recently a study concluded about the rising of the MPH on the highways. Death tolls on highway accidents had increased and key members of the Iowa senate and house were surprised by this. HOW THE HELL WOULD THEY BE SURPRISED!?!? Raise the speed limit of course you will have higher death tolls in accidents because people are going faster. Don't these people take a good look at how Iowans drive before they increased the speed limit? Freaking nuts.

I am so freaking disgusted with my state government that something needs to be done and well that might be trying to kick out the Democrats and Republicans career minded politicians and start putting in normal folks in office. They can't do much worse.

So, what do you think? Should I try to run for a political office or what?

Well, they tried that but they took a look how other people from other states drive instead of taking a look how Iowans drive. I would look how Iowans drive then make any necessary changes tot he speed limit according to that data. Since the legislature didn't, they went by how Nebraskans, Dakotans, and Minnesotans drove and increased the speed limit based on that data.

Result: More fatalities in car accidents in Iowa.

Edited by Judge Hades

Well, they tried that but they took a look how other people from other states drive instead of taking a look how Iowans drive.  I would look how Iowans drive then make any necessary changes tot he speed limit according to that data.  Since the legislature didn't, they went by how Nebraskans, Dakotans, and Minnesotans drove and increased the speed limit based on that data.

Result:  More fatalities in car accidents in Iowa.

I did not know farm tractors could go that fast. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ok fair enough but the point I was trying to make was that it isnt as simple as "higher speed limit = higher fatalities". You need to look at accident hotspots and reasons behind the fatalities and yeah asking Iowans would make a lot of sense.

Make a change Hades! Its your chance to surreptitiously tack on a No Religious Solicitation bill to the traffic thing.

I recommend you stuff all the Hunter S Thompson books in a knapsack, fill your pockets with hotel miniatures of alcohol, climb the nearest mountain and stay up there until you have read all the books. Come down and declare yourself the Freak Power candidate. I shall volunteer to act as your campaign manager, and volunteer Metadigital to act as your lissom secretary.

Which state are you in, anyway, other than a mess?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some roads in Europe have no speed limit whatsoever and the death toll is lower than over here where people don't follow the speed limit anyway and we drive like morons with cell phones and frakkin portable DVD players behind the wheel of deathtrap SUVs.

It's about how people drive, not how fast there going.

Bill Bryson claims that Americans drive badly because the country is so damn vast you forget what you are doing. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some roads in Europe have no speed limit whatsoever and the death toll is lower than over here where people don't follow the speed limit anyway and we drive like morons with cell phones and frakkin portable DVD players behind the wheel of deathtrap SUVs.

True but velocity does help kill when they do **** up.

True but velocity does help kill when they do **** up.

Unless it was the driver that was following the speed limit that ****ed up.

EDIT: The amount of damage will probably be more... intense if one of the driver was going particularly fast, yes. But the blame should not always be put on that speed driver. Slow drivers can be just as dangerous as the fast ones.

Edited by astr0creep

I recommend you stuff all the Hunter S Thompson books in a knapsack, fill your pockets with hotel miniatures of alcohol, climb the nearest mountain and stay up there until you have read all the books. Come down and declare yourself the Freak Power candidate. I shall volunteer to act as your campaign manager, and volunteer Metadigital to act as your lissom secretary.

Which state are you in, anyway, other than a mess?

lissom (also lissome)

n adjective slim, supple, and graceful.

DERIVATIVES

lissomness noun

ORIGIN

C18: contraction, from lithe + -some

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

South Africans are only that polite because it makes such a refreshing change to have someone near your vehicle without them trying to shoot you and steal your shoes.

-Elwood Blues