Three revolution games.

Here's another one I missed from a while back.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima plans to unveil his Wii (aka Revolution) project at the conference. Kojima announced last October that he was working on a Revolution title, but has released no details about the game's story or gameplay.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

"Kojima Productions, the studio that brought us the Metal Gear series, hinted at a new upcoming game title it is developing for the Nintendo Wii. A card was sent to gaming press with the words "REturn, REarm, REgale, REbirth, REspect, REfine" on the front and

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I might have missed this title earlier:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is slated for deployment on all next-gen gaming systems, including Wii, this fall.

Interview about the Madden game: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703727p1.html

When you first play it, it's completely different. When you go to hike the ball, for instance, as opposed to pressing a button you simply jerk the controller up. Boom, you snap the ball. When you want to pass the ball, you gesture a throwing motion while holding the button down to the intended receiver. When you want to stiff-arm left or right, you juke with the nunchuck controller literally. When you want to kick, you gesture the kick motion.

It's not like we said, "Oh, here's a different controller, how can we kind of finagle Madden on it?" It was, "Hey, here's a completely unique controller that we've never seen before. What's the best way to play Madden on this machine?"

So, you take the controller, jerk it up to snap. Quarterback now has the ball. Your passing icons are now up. Take the wand controller and you'll see that the four directions on its D-Pad represent four of your receivers; the A button is your fifth receiver. Point to one of those receivers that you want to receive the ball and with your hand gesture a throwing motion to pass. Now, the harder you throw, the more that's going to be a bullet pass. The softer and the more you lob a throw, the more that it's going to be a lob. When you receive the ball, you run with the analog stick on the nunchuck and if you want to juke, you use the nunchuck to gesture it. And if you want to stiff-arm, you use the wand.

IGN Wii: Is this going to be a Wii launch title later this year?

John Schappert: That is our goal.

Monkey Ball interview: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703834p1.html

You can fully enjoy the game, maximizing all the functions of Revolution's controller. Some games will require you to twirl the controller, others will have you flicking the controller, while others will feel like using the Revolution controller like a joystick.

Originally, the Monkey Ball series was introduced with gameplay that used a controller stick. Thus, the gameplay becomes more natural by tilting action with the new controller.

We have had an objective that we will cover all the Revolution controller functions in this title.

IGN Wii: Will Banana Blitz launch with Wii later this year?

Nagoshi: Yes, we are trying to release this title as a launch title.

Hadescopy.jpg

More stuff.

"We're going to show off a racing game at E3 where you use the core controller in a very different way," Fils-Aime told a crowd. "That will answer all the questions about how you'll play a racing game [with the Wii controller]."

SNK revealed exclusively to IGN today that after a long absence from Nintendo's home consoles it has signed up to develop games for Wii, the platform formerly code-named Revolution. SNK's first title for Wii is Metal Slug Anthology, a compilation of classic Metal Slug projects. Best of all, these games have been enhanced to take full advantage of Wii's innovative free-hand style controller, which translates gestures made by players into on-screen movement.

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete Metal Slug arcade collection to Wii," SNK Playmore USA Corporation president Ben Herman said in a statement. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin."

Metal Slug Anthology will feature such classics as Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5. SNK has not yet confirmed if Metal Slug 6 will be on the compilation, but that is a very real possibility. The publisher would only officially state: "This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises."

Excellent. I love Metal Slug.

Hadescopy.jpg

I dunno, maybe you could use it sideways like a wheel  <_<

In any case, Metal Slug is a classic arcade 2d sidescrolling shooter game. Lots of fun.

Its an actual wheel the remote slots in the middle. I did see a pic but I lost track of where :-

Looks like Pilot Wings can be added to the list too. Don't have a link , but I will try to track one down. Now thats a game that was just made for a freehand controller.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You mean this?

revo_wheel.jpg

It'd be nice, but none of those 'accessories' are official.

This one would be cool.

gun02.jpg

Thats the one. I didnt see it in any sort of context (just a pic). Hope they do something like that would make racing games much more fun.

The gun is pretty cool , looks a bit nose heavy though.

478327[/snapback]

"Through the eyes of four Allied soldiers, Call of Duty 3 brings players closer to the fury of combat as they fight through the Normandy Breakout, the harrowing offensive that liberated Paris and changed the fate of the world. Developed by Treyarch, Call of Duty 3 is the follow up to the #1 next-generation game and is scheduled for a 2006 release."

So which systems does "next-generation" really mean? According to the end credits of the official trailer, logos for Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's machines have all been included -- which makes it obvious as to where the game is going. You read correctly: a Wii version is on the way.

Watch the trailer here http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705438p1.html

Hadescopy.jpg

After wrapping up the demo, Sega hinted that Sonic the Hedgehog should be shipping to coincide with the launch of the PlayStation 3, at which time it'll also be available for the 360 as well. Mention of a Sonic the Hedgehog game for the Nintendo Wii was made too, but we were informed that it would be a completely different Sonic experience than the one arriving on Sony's and Microsoft's platforms. It's looking like a return to the series' original roots could be just what the doctor ordered for Sonic and his friends.

The next House of the Dead game (HotD4)

Would be perfect with a controller like that.

Not only becuase it can work like a light gun but

In HotD4 zombies grab you and you have to shake them off.

Almost MADE for the Revolution controller.

Only thing is HotD4 is dubble UZI's and Granades:

house-of-the-dead-20050703033629135-000.jpg

(HotD3 would be perfect for that controller though because its ShotGuns.)

Resident Evil 5 would be good with it too.

Edited by sega-soldier

Today, though, some of Nintendo's press-conference thunder was stolen when the first copies of Time arrived on newsstands. The May 15 issue of the magazine has a lengthy article on the Wii, titled "A Game For All Ages," by technology correspondent Lev Grossman.

Grossman traveled to Nintendo's headquarters in Kyoto, Japan, and was shown the Wii by legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. The reporter was especially impressed with the Wii's controller. "It's part laser pointer and part motion sensor, so it knows where you're aiming it, when and how fast you move it and how far it is from the TV screen," he said. "There's a strong whiff of voodoo about it."

More importantly for Nintendo fans, the Time article revealed several key pieces of information about Wii games. First, Grossman described using the Wii playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. "Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish," he said. While Nintendo confirmed the much-anticipated GameCube title would have some Wii functionality, this is the first official description of what said functionality is.

Time also revealed the existence of not one, but two previously unknown Wii games. First up was the first next-generation installment in the popular WarioWare series. While he didn

Hadescopy.jpg

Four player tennis on Wii sounds dangerous.

End up with a black eye from someone swinging a controller into your face.

Tennis is probably what that Japanese couple is playing in the promo vid.

I'm more interested in Golf :p Those indoor driving ranges are both expensive and take up a lot of space. So if they can nail the golf thing I can see a lot of people buying a machine to just use as a golf simulator.

478327[/snapback]