What are you playing now...

Darque

:D

It's a more... straight forward version of it. There are only two tones you can talk in "Friendly" and "Angry" and from there the range of choices will expand based on the demon's personality (or lack of). You don't talk to them to get cards either, you talk to them to convince them to join your side (or items).

Demon fusion is also a way to get more powerful allies. You combine 2 or 3 monsters to get a stronger one (if you've played Nocturne the hole thing should be really easy to master).

Like Darque pointed out, it's a dungeon crawler... but a damn cool one. It has a strong cyber-punk theme. You summon demons from your labtop and stuff, it's COOL!

ACtually... I read that Nocturne is it's own story... not a true sequel.

Prequel then?

I've also heard that theory...

EDIT - SMT Nocturne SPOILERS >>>

In the Amala network, you hear demons talking about the war that was going on in SMT I and II... So it's hard for me to believe it's not in some way related.

Edited by Haitoku

Parallel universe.

Possible.

However, that would mean that all the different worlds shared that same Netherworld (Amala)... because thats the only way the Nocturne hero would find himself talking to the followers of Law and Chaos (since the neutral path for SMT was cannon, which means the hero defied both Law and Chaos).

But it's possible... Atlus spend so much fricken time fine tunning the story... There were so many version of both SMT I/II. SNES/Sega CD/PC/GBA/PSX... would be surprised it they were sick and tired of it. o:)

Umm... the veiled demon lady specifically pointed out that the Amala network is connected to a multitude of worlds... they even had a wicked cutscene about it o:)

Also: The reporter is supposed to be the reincarnation of the hero from SMT:2... the one who REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY pissed off God at the end.

:lol:

Umm... the veiled demon lady specifically pointed out that the Amala network is connected to a multitude of worlds... they even had a wicked cutscene about it o:)

Also: The reporter is supposed to be the reincarnation of the hero from SMT:2... the one who REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY pissed off God at the end.

:lol:

Riiight, forgot about that junk. Yeah and I remember the Chaos hero from SMT2. So they are connected now? o.O

:)

You... are hard to keep track of. Weren't you the one that brought up the possiblity that they aren't connected?

Oh, yeah, one more thing... I hear there's an optional boss in DDS that's the main character from Nocturne blink.gif

Correct. I guess that would feed into the hole "All worlds are connected" crap. But I suspect he is just there as a cameo since he has absolutely nothing to do with the plot.

He is tough... Think Lucifer from Nocturne x10. He has all sorts of random attacks, some that kill are you character instantly... Very challenging battle though, very good test to see how good you are at the hole press-turn system... since he comes a long with his demon army. :(

Edited by Haitoku

You... are hard to keep track of. Weren't you the one that brought up the possiblity that they aren't connected?

No, I said they weren't true sequels :p

Like Final Fantasy X -> X-2

Oh, yeah, one more thing... I hear there's an optional boss in DDS that's the main character from Nocturne blink.gif

Correct. I guess that would feed into the hole "All worlds are connected" crap. But I suspect he is just there as a cameo since he has absolutely nothing to do with the plot.

He is tough... Think Lucifer from Nocturne x10. He has all sorts of random attacks, some that kill are you character instantly... Very challenging battle though, very good test to see how good you are at the hole press-turn system... since he comes a long with his demon army. :)

I hear there's a trick to beating him, darned if I can remember how.... I came across it in an unmarked spoiler thread once :(

No, I said they weren't true sequels :)

Like Final Fantasy X -> X-2

Okay. Your right then, it doesn't continue the hole Law VS Chaos thing in the first two. Since you brought up the hole parallel universe thing, I thought you were saying they weren't really connected either.

I hear there's a trick to beating him, darned if I can remember how.... I came across it in an unmarked spoiler thread once

First rule was to unequip all Void/repel/absorb skills. Having anything of the sort (even activating items after the battle started with that effect) would cause the Demi-fiend to use an attack that killed everyone. There was also an item that gave you four or so more press-turns for one turn (you can only carry one of them :( ) and use that during the first turn... Basicly I did the most damage during my first turn... everything after that I was just nugging him until he died lol... took a long time and a lot of Revival beads.

BTW - have you tried the Eastside Hockey Manger series, Laozi?  It's pretty addictive (even for non-kanadians).

I never heard of it but I'll check it out, you know non-kanadienese?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I have 9 games installed on my PC at the moment and I switch back and forth between them all...which means I make very little progress in stuff like Oblivion.

Games don't affect your attention span, oh no. :D (that's a joke...)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sith lords with mods galore...

After getting the patch I must say SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS ON A POGO STICK! IT LOOKS GREAT!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.