How do I kill microwave?

Atreides

Eww :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Any metal in a microwave will cause some ferocious damage, as metal is an excellent conductor of heat ...

actually, the metal acts as an antenna of sorts, the heat is the least of your problems. sparks, etc., are what you'll see if you accidentally put, say, a fork in there. mine is weird, however, as it has a metal grate in it, which i have yet to figure out. it must be directional...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Hey, thanks!

The door of a microwave oven has a screen built into the glass of the window. From the perspective of microwaves (with wavelengths of 12 cm) this screen finishes a Faraday cage formed by the oven's metal housing. Visible light, with wavelengths around half a micrometer, passes easily between the wires.

clicky

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

As designated non-fruitloop may I point out that microwaves are bad and dangerous? Don't mess about with them. You can make yourselves very ill. And explosions of any sort should be avoided.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I remember there were some experiments done using microwave domicile heating ... it was very efficient, but counter-intuitive, because people would keep warm but surfaces and objects would still feel cool to the touch ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's called a faraday cage.

yeah, but i'm not sure that's what's going on... by metal grate, i'm referring to a metal rack (i should've said rack in the first place, as grate does seem to imply the door structure), which has relatively wide open sections, and uninterrupted lengths of metal in excess of 12 cm (microwaves are in the 2 GHz neighborhood, which is 15 cm). the grate on the front of the wave is designed to reflect waves back in. the rack itself, however, is a different beastie (well, it seems to be).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I remember there were some experiments done using microwave domicile heating ... it was very efficient, but counter-intuitive, because people would keep warm but surfaces and objects would still feel cool to the touch ...

And the rampant cancerous growths?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I highly doubt microwaves would cause cancer below amplitudes that wouldn't cook you to death beforehand anyway, even over prologned exposure. It might even reduce the risk of cancer by annihilating weak cells (fast growth cells for example).

You have to remember microwaves are below the frequency of light, which we get absolutely blasted by all day from the great mother of all bombs in the sky (not to mention all the UV, x-ray and gamma ray cosmic radiation).

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I think you've been reading too many Hulk comics ... :ermm:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Cornsarnit. Better get my ass out of the microwave, and unstrapping this elk from my head. And I was looking forward to spending the weekend as Canada Man!

-Elwood Blues