Top Ten with Feargus

Fionavar

Could this be done with other devs?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Could this be done with other devs?

It could be a possibility. My hope is to first establish this feature and take the learnings from these and move on with other ideas. Thanks Soulseeker, it is a great idea!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Feargus said he wanted Obsidian to work on 2 projects in full production mode, 1 project in pre-production mode. I think the current situation at Obsidian - NWN2, PNJ in full production and PG in pre-production - is ideal. But if NWN2 is released in the near future, Obsidian probably need one more dev team which must support NWN2 patches and work on NWN2 expansion pack. Keeping all 3 projects - NWN2 expansion pack and PG, PNJ - in full production mode might break the current ideal situation at Obsidian. What do you think about that?

Edited by funcroc

Feargus said he wanted Obsidian to work on 2 projects in full production mode, 1 project in pre-production mode. I think the current situation at Obsidian - NWN2, PNJ in full production and PG in pre-production - is ideal.

Perhaps you should ask him if PNJ is even in full production mode... PG might have overtaken it in the fast lane. Well, just a suggestion :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This is kind of a silly question, but has Feargus ever been to Urquhart Castle next to Loch Ness? And what does Feargus know about his scottish ancestors?

Edit:

It could be a possibility. My hope is to first establish this feature and take the learnings from these and move on with other ideas. Thanks Soulseeker, it is a great idea!

Always glad to help. :blink: :">

Perhaps there could be a top ten every month with a different dev. It could become a regular forum feature.

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Personally, what I would be interested in asking is whether Feargus believes that OE will be focused solely on making RPGs, or will they eventually branch out and experiment with other genres? I know that many of the developers at OE have diverse tastes in games, and I think that it would be interesting to see what they could add to games other than RPGs. Of course, I would still desire for OE to remain RPG-centric, but I think there's merit to the idea of trying other types of games (both from a creativity and financial standpoint).

Personally, what I would be interested in asking is whether Feargus believes that OE will be focused solely on making RPGs, or will they eventually branch out and experiment with other genres?  I know that many of the developers at OE have diverse tastes in games, and I think that it would be interesting to see what they could add to games other than RPGs.  Of course, I would still desire for OE to remain RPG-centric, but I think there's merit to the idea of trying other types of games (both from a creativity and financial standpoint).

That sounds great - add it if you would like!

Okay then ... I would like to let everyone know that we will be closing down the brainstorm by day's end and then the mod squad will collate the questions and come up with the Top Ten and I am hoping it will go live on Monday.

@ the suggestion about opening this up to the devs, there is indeed interest from admin in adopting this great idea. We are working out what that will look like and I will keep you appraised as we proceed with the current Top Ten.

So gecklings and gamers, if you have a burning (and constructive of course :thumbsup: ) question for Feargus, get at it in the pinned thread :lol:

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Okay then ... I would like to let everyone know that we will be closing down the brainstorm by day's end and then the mod squad will collate the questions and come up with the Top Ten and I am hoping it will go live on Monday.

Will it be like a locked thread or what? I am unable to get online monday and many days after that, it won't be then, replaced for a new one or something hopefully? :thumbsup:

If it is only up live for some time or something that would be extremely annoying.

To keep this not entirely off-topic:

*Query: What does Feargus think of the many Diablo2 clones like Dungeon Siege and Titanquest and will OE actually tries to do one sometimes too or do we primarily get story-focused RPG's?

And what about an sandbox type of RPG like Oblivion, or a first-personone like Bloodlines or Deus Ex?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The hope is that it will be an open thread in which Feargus will interact likely first with the Top Ten itself and then with the membership.

As for your questions, do please add them to the sticky if you would like them considered.

As for what happens next. Hopefully the same process will begin with a dev a/o another list for Feargus. There will likely be a pause between the two in order to learn from this process to make the next that much more enjoyable and smooth!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)