Things you do but can't really put down

dufflover

I'm not really sure if you'd call it a hobby (the point is though it's something you're happy to put time into), but I like doing "simple multimedia" stuff like taking existing images and turning them into...well...whatever I need them for, like desktop themes/icons, wallpapers, custom CD/DVD labels, cropping/editing for Pazaak menu backgrounds, etc.

But the problem is that I'm not very advanced at it like some movie studio or photo touchup person, nor am I an artist who draws anything (pen or computer).

So what could you call this...if anything?

Similarly, I like planning/building games a lot like building houses in Sims 2, or a transport network in Transport Tycoon, or even just how I organise my desk at home :p .

I guess my vocabulary isn't very big to include BS excuse words like "Custodial Engineer" (janitor)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

It's been a long time since I've written a resume, but I'd probably call that a 'working knowledge of (insert graphic program you use here).'

Something along those lines, anyway - except with a more spiffy sounding spin I guess? Graphic image editor in your spare time? :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The one thing I wish I could put down on my resume is...

I can hold my right foot with my left hand in front of me and jump through it with my left leg. I can also do it holding the opposite foot. I'd like to thank Kid n' Play for this talent.

I can hold my right foot with my left hand in front of me and jump through it with my left leg.  I can also do it holding the opposite foot.  I'd like to thank Kid n' Play for this talent.

I CAN DO THAT TOO! I can also lay flat on the ground on my back, and then lift my lower body and kick up landing on my feet! :cool:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm not really sure if you'd call it a hobby (the point is though it's something you're happy to put time into), but I like doing "simple multimedia" stuff like taking existing images and turning them into...well...whatever I need them for, like desktop themes/icons, wallpapers, custom CD/DVD labels, cropping/editing for Pazaak menu backgrounds, etc.

But the problem is that I'm not very advanced at it like some movie studio or photo touchup person, nor am I an artist who draws anything (pen or computer).

So what could you call this...if anything?

It's a hobby / interest, so (unless you are trying to pitch for a film editor's job) you can just be honest. Multimedia editing for a hobby.

Similarly, I like planning/building games a lot like building houses in Sims 2, or a transport network in Transport Tycoon, or even just how I organise my desk at home  :lol: .

That's organisational / structural modelling. Just like someone who builds working models of aircraft, only your modelling (a building, a basic ecosystem, whatever) in a virtual environment.

I guess my vocabulary isn't very big to include BS excuse words like "Custodial Engineer" (janitor)

No need to ... employers will either:

1. notice it and ask you wtf?
  2. notice it and decide that you are hiding something;
  3. ignore it because they have already decided to hire/pass on you based on the first few paragraphs of your curriculum vitae

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I can hold my right foot with my left hand in front of me and jump through it with my left leg.  I can also do it holding the opposite foot.  I'd like to thank Kid n' Play for this talent.

I CAN DO THAT TOO! I can also lay flat on the ground on my back, and then lift my lower body and kick up landing on my feet! :cool:

Sweet, we could start a break dancing session! :lol:

The trouble with the recorder is it's way to advanced for novice musicians. A C scale flageolet is far more appropriate.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Sweet, we could start a break dancing session! :blink:

Its a dance off!

zoolander.jpg

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig